TAPPS vs TCAL

fireguy5455

Six-man fan
I was just noticed in the TAPPS scheduling rules that TAPPS member schools are barred from playing TCAL schools or homeschool teams. Is this a new rule ? Or have I just missed it. I get the bad blood with the whole Bryan Allen Dave Bliss thing and we had our reasons for leaving ( that had more to do with TCAL admin then anything) but as far as playing the other school we never had a problem. And what, they got like 10 teams this year maybe? Going to suck for some schools that might have had a little rivalry going. Thanks and I'll hang up and listen.

While I've been out of the action for awhile, I understand the TAPPS decision was fueled by T-CAL's decision to start a "select" basketball organization for schools that want to build all-star teams. The latest configuration is San Antonio St. Anthony H.S., who has a young man who is said to be among the best players in the country and was adopted (recently) by his former coach from his family in Africa.

This like everything else, comes back to money as long as the kid falls within education guidelines there should be little or no problem in playing.

But the rally cry is built around the words (all star) team,but if the organization is independent they could get players from under a rock if they find a kid interested in playing under it.

With the push for charter school's and continuing conversation about college sports being separated from the education division, it may take a while but independent high school teams are coming.

Back