TAPPS playoff predictions

D1 I think logos may be peaking at the right time. They had a very solid win against Emery this week and may be a team that can make some noise but can they handle Veritas or a loaded Austin Hill Country team?
D2 Pasadena, Allen academy, and Conroe all play each other the last 3 weeks of the season so that will be very interesting to see how that plays out. I think Allen Academy is peaking at the right time. Reeling off 4/5 straight wins and have a battle this week with Pasadena. If they can hang with Pasadena that will show us more on both teams. Conroe with or without their full team just lost to Baytown. Pasadena has still not had a test. Whether it be they are that good or have not played stiff competition we will wait and see
D3 Bracken still looks to be the big dog. Some had Fredericksburg the team to beat until proven otherwise. Bracken did that.
Kingdom prep has played probably the most brutal schedule with happy, Borden county, and Abilene Christian. Even though they lost those 3 games they should be prepared for whatever the playoffs throw at them. Plenty of size and speed but lower on numbers. Baytown some have said are “the best team in the worst division and won’t make it out of the first round”. Just beat a very solid Conroe squad who was said to have had all their players back. Prestonwood is steadily mowing down their Competition with a solid passing attack.

D1 I think logos may be peaking at the right time. They had a very solid win against Emery this week and may be a team that can make some noise but can they handle Veritas or a loaded Austin Hill Country team?
D2 Pasadena, Allen academy, and Conroe all play each other the last 3 weeks of the season so that will be very interesting to see how that plays out. I think Allen Academy is peaking at the right time. Reeling off 4/5 straight wins and have a battle this week with Pasadena. If they can hang with Pasadena that will show us more on both teams. Conroe with or without their full team just lost to Baytown. Pasadena has still not had a test. Whether it be they are that good or have not played stiff competition we will wait and see
D3 Bracken still looks to be the big dog. Some had Fredericksburg the team to beat until proven otherwise. Bracken did that.
Kingdom prep has played probably the most brutal schedule with happy, Borden county, and Abilene Christian. Even though they lost those 3 games they should be prepared for whatever the playoffs throw at them. Plenty of size and speed but lower on numbers. Baytown some have said are “the best team in the worst division and won’t make it out of the first round”. Just beat a very solid Conroe squad who was said to have had all their players back. Prestonwood is steadily mowing down their Competition with a solid passing attack.
I am not to big to admit when I am wrong! I still want to see what they do in the playoffs though.

I am not to big to admit when I am wrong! I still want to see what they do in the playoffs though.
Playoffs are a whole different animal! But Conroe is a similar team to Bracken imo. So Baytown will be ready if they get to Bracken. That’s IF they do. Way it’s looking they will have to play Freddy first though if I’m correct. They (Conroe and bracken) are both teams that have size that hit hard and have a very good offense and defense. So Baytown will be ready.

I think I’m just partial to the run game, holds up better in the cold weather of the playoffs. But I agree with the others, their qb can spread it around if he gets time.

I agree with you on that. Very important when you get deeper in the playoffs to have a some what decent running game that you can go to in case the weather is bad. When it’s rainy and cold it makes it a lot more difficult when you are a pass heavy team. That being said I will take covenant by 16 against Abilene. Couple other good matchups will be Allen Academy Vs Pasadena and in d3 Fredericksburg vs Austin St Stephens.

New to the site/forum. Not new to the game though. Covered high school football/baseball/basketball for multiple outlets in Southeast Texas for over a decade. Baytown Christian IS going to humble a few folks come playoff time. Their win over a FULL strength D2 Conroe Covenant team last week proved that they are not just “the best team in a bad district” The Bulldogs are for real. Anyone or any team who decides to overlook them, or thinks they have “their number” will do so at their own peril. I’m not too familiar with the TAPPS playoff bracket/formula etc., but if I’m not mistaken, we should be looking at a Baytown vs Fredericksburg State Semis. Baytown is fast, physical and has a ton of depth.

Fredericksburg already lost to Bracken. If Fredericksburg makes it to the semis for a rematch they will not only have to win a tough first round opponent out of the south but then will need to face baytown. Not much season left but alot at stake as far as seeding is concerned. Will see how it plays out.

Pasadena rolled last week. This week they have a matchup with a tough Conroe team. Should be a good game but I think this is the week they let everyone know they are for real!

District 2 is kinda taking it in the shorts. Only 3 teams in the district and all 3 are top 10 teams. One of the three will be left out and the #1 seed has to play a #2 seed from district 3 while the District 1 #2 team gets to play the District 3 #3. You gotta win 'em all anyway, but some teams have easier paths than others.

District 2 is kinda taking it in the shorts. Only 3 teams in the district and all 3 are top 10 teams. One of the three will be left out and the #1 seed has to play a #2 seed from district 3 while the District 1 #2 team gets to play the District 3 #3. You gotta win 'em all anyway, but some teams have easier paths than others.
Yeah that’s a shame. Happens every year to someone.

Never quite understood the way TAPPS does their brackets and districts, seems like divisions 1 and 2 just need to be combined

Never quite understood the way TAPPS does their brackets and districts, seems like divisions 1 and 2 just need to be combined
They did have us in a district with Wichita Christian and the Lubbock schools but then re-shuffled it. It's a 5-6 hr drive to Lubbock, so geographically it didn't make much sense. Then 3-4 teams dropped out of TAPPS to avoid playing us this year. When the dust settled, only 3 teams remained. The explanation on the seeding is they have to try to keep 1s & 2s from the same district from playing each other until the 3rd round and that caused the disparity.

Back