TAPPS DIII playoffs for Week 12

SFA

Six-man fan
Do we know what day the playoffs game will be played on?.. The brackets show all games on Saturday, just wondering if any will be played on Friday....

Here is my Picks for Division 3 Playoffs.

First Round:

Selma City at FW Covenant- Winner: Covenant

Canyon Creek at Wichita Falls Christian- Winner: Wichita Christian

Seguin Lifegate at Brenham Christian- Winner: Seguin Lifegate (Down some players but survive)

Granbury NCTA at San Marcos Hill Country- Winner: Granbury NCTA

Second Round:

FW Covenant vs. WF Notre Dame- Winner: Notre Dame (too much speed)

WF Christian vs. Longview Trinity- Winner: WF Christian (UPSET ALERT)

Seguin Lifegate vs. Fredericksburg- Winner: Fredericksburg (Rematch isn't so close)

Granbury NCTA vs. Alvin Livingstones- Winner: Granbury NCTA (the south is good to NCTA)

Semi-Finals:

Notre Dame vs. Wichita Falls Christian- Winner: Wichita Falls Christian (Rematch goes to District Runner-up)

Granbury NCTA vs. Fredericksburg- Winner: Granbury NCTA (NCTA edges past Freddy)

State Finals:

Granbury NCTA vs. Wichita Falls Christian- STATE CHAMPION: Granbury NCTA (NCTA too much for WF Christian)

Hope my limb don't break in first round HA!

Personally, I like your WCS picks, Game Traveler. That would be nice. It's really going to be interesting to see how teams from different districts will match up against each other. I will say that Notre Dame beat NCTA by 14 and only beat WCS by 6. Every game is new though, so who knows what could happen.

SFA":46qnc7ku said:
Do we know what day the playoffs game will be played on?.. The brackets show all games on Saturday, just wondering if any will be played on Friday....

Unless the rules have changed, Saturday is the LAST day you can play your playoff game, but you can change it (for example, to Thursday or Friday) by mutual consent. A lot of things can be negotiable in the playoffs -- choice of officials chapter, chain crew, announcer, clock operator, what color uniforms are worn, admission fee, field used.

I will be posting score updates on MaxPreps Quixcore and the Facebook DIII SIX Man Football group for WCS vs Canyon Creek tonight. I pray that everyone stays safe and warm. Enjoy the playoffs!

Good luck to your Stars tonight...Canyon Creek will be tough though but should be an interesting game...

Lifegate def. Brenham Christian 51-6 early 3rd qtr.
Seguin Gazette Facebook page reports next round vs Freddy Heritage will be at Lifegate next Friday.

That freshman wichita christian has is gonna run all over longview trinity next week. Warrior you might be right....the STARS are aligned for wichita christian. My bracket is right so far. Thoughts?

The Stars had 587 rushing yards and 12 TD's. The freshman, Drew Brooks, had 234 rushing yards, 5 TD's, 10 tackles, and an interception. If he isn't on the TAPPS DIII All State team, something's definitely wrong. We'll see how Trinity's run defense is.

Kudos to Stars junior Aaron Baker too who had 348 rushing yards and 6 TD's in the WCS win. The Stars are blessed to have the smash and dash duo and incredible blocking from the whole team. I really want to emphasize the team effort last night. WCS already had one starter out for the season and had another out from the 2nd qtr on. The latter will be good to go for the Trinity game.

Congrats on the win for the Stars!.... but I think it comes to end next week against Trinity...I have seen Trinity play... That is one well oiled machine over at Trinity....They are a big, fast and very physical team...It is the playoffs and anything can happen but I just have to go with Trinity from what I have seen....

Im going with WFC. They have played good down the stretch. Heard through the grapevine that they have the perfect defense to stop big and fast Longview Trinity. Plus ole thunder and lightning in the backfield for the stars is always nice. I am going to go out and say WFC by 28. I think the stars could run through district 2 cause they just handled one of their best teams.

Congrats to WCS on what sounded like a great win. Looking forward to their match-up with the Titans. I think Trinity is rested and ready so it ought to be a great game. Safe travels!

Back