District/Playoff's

I believe there are still some playoff implications in that Ira Vs. Hermleigh game if I’m not mistaken, I know if Ira wins then that’s that, but if Hermleigh wins I’m curious on how it plays out with the three way tie. Can someone clarify how it works now days….. in my opinion needs to be a coin flip like the old days! But I know it’s not.
I believe it's still a coin flip or by more yardage I believe

I remember this in 2012 Zephyr, Santa Anna, and Rochelle finished tied for the 2 playoff spots. A 3 way coin flip makes Rochelle the odd man out.
Rochelle beat Santa Anna by 30 lost to Zephyr by 28
Santa Anna beat Zephyr by 20 lost to Rochelle by 30
Zephyr beat Rochelle by 28 lost to Sant Anna by 20

I think since they were all tied with 0 on the points system that is why the flipped a coin
and Santa Anna was 1st because beat Zephyr head to head
I am not sure
That’s what I remember, I was there when they flipped the coin, crazy season

Each district adopts a set of bi-laws that will govern their districts and the ties if that’s needed. These bi-laws are presented, discussed, and changed at the beginning of the two year district alignment.
Most of the districts that I know about are on a tie breaker points system. The teams that are in the tie, as is the case with (possible) Ira, Hermleigh, and Highland, have their points against each other calculated.
So if team A beats team B by 10 points then
Team A would be plus 10
And team B would be minus 10. You would keep the points total for all three teams and most points at the end wins. The part that gets tricky and is definitely up for debate, is that each district usually sets a cap on the points that are being added or subtracted. Some districts are 18 and some are 25 and each district sets this.
What that means is if team A beats team B by 45 points and the cap is 18.
Team A has 18 points
Team b has -18 points.
Next week team team a lost to team c by 10 points
Team a has 18-10 for 8 points
Team b still has -18 points
Team c has 10 points.

If team c beats team b obviously they are the winner. If team b beats team c by 45 points the totals are now
Team a has 8
Team b has 0
Team c has -8
and team a is the winner.

That is why the point system and max points are very important.
That’s why the old coin flip sounds better. WOW Thanks Coach

The game I was thinking of when I started the thread is Strawn - Gold Burg. It's for the 2nd playoff spot in the district. Bothe are 6-3. They are ranked overall Gold Burg 61, Strawn 78, in DII 17 and 21. Any who follow them know GB lost a shootout with Newcastle (district champs) last Friday 78-74, and that last week SHS was 45'd in the late 3rd quarter by Newcastle. The week before GB beat the other district team, Forest Burg 66-30, I.E. a full game. This past Friday Strawn 45'd Forest Burg by halftime.
Looking a little deeper, GB averaged 60 points a game, SHS 53, GB gave up 36, SHS 38. A net of 9 points for GB. The average rating of opponents for the season for GB thus far was 122, for SHS it was 109, they had a little stronger schedule. The spread on here is GB by 8. Go Hounds!

Any games left this week that will determine the district champs. How about a playoff spot for # 2?

Iredell will win our district with a win on Friday.

If Bluff Dale beats Walnut Springs, then all three other teams finish in a tie for 2nd. Otherwise, Walnut gets it.

I believe that also down in Irion County this Friday that game could separate them completely or cause a mess at the top as well.

IF IC wins they win District and Robert Lee goes 2, If Veribest wins then that would be three way tie at the top. Not sure on the district rules for a tie that they have set but could be pretty interesting for sure. One would have to play Jonesboro and the other would get May.

The “way out there” District 16 will likely be the status quo but could potentially get crazy Friday night. If Medina and Leakey both win they are both in. If Nueces pulls an upset over Medina by 24 points or more and Leakey wins it would be a 3 way coin flip for first and second between those 3. If Medina wins and Prairie Lea pulls the upset by 24 points or more over Leakey it would be a coin flip for 2nd between Leakey, Nueces and Prairie Lea. If Nueces and Prairie Lea win by any amount then Nueces would be the 1 seed and Medina would be the 2 seed. The likely scenario is Medina and Leakey 1 and 2 but that’s why they play the games……

Kind of dead on here for the last week of the season with playoff spots on the line. Compared to past years. A few bold provocative predictions.
So, I got to wondering where, what is Bowie Gold-Burg, somewhere close to Bowie but not part of the city ISD as they are UIL? Yep. RingGold and StoneBurg (where the school is located). Where cousin Bo lived by the railroad tracks, who ran the Bowie movie theater for 40 years or so. About 15 miles or so from where my grandmother was raised between Montague and Nocona. Small world sometimes.

May be an image of 2 people, people playing football and text

His game of the week.

Each district adopts a set of bi-laws that will govern their districts and the ties if that’s needed. These bi-laws are presented, discussed, and changed at the beginning of the two year district alignment.
Most of the districts that I know about are on a tie breaker points system. The teams that are in the tie, as is the case with (possible) Ira, Hermleigh, and Highland, have their points against each other calculated.
So if team A beats team B by 10 points then
Team A would be plus 10
And team B would be minus 10. You would keep the points total for all three teams and most points at the end wins. The part that gets tricky and is definitely up for debate, is that each district usually sets a cap on the points that are being added or subtracted. Some districts are 18 and some are 25 and each district sets this.
What that means is if team A beats team B by 45 points and the cap is 18.
Team A has 18 points
Team b has -18 points.
Next week team team a lost to team c by 10 points
Team a has 18-10 for 8 points
Team b still has -18 points
Team c has 10 points.

If team c beats team b obviously they are the winner. If team b beats team c by 45 points the totals are now
Team a has 8
Team b has 0
Team c has -8
and team a is the winner.

That is why the point system and max points are very important.
You must be a math teacher!

I believe that also down in Irion County this Friday that game could separate them completely or cause a mess at the top as well.

IF IC wins they win District and Robert Lee goes 2, If Veribest wins then that would be three way tie at the top. Not sure on the district rules for a tie that they have set but could be pretty interesting for sure. One would have to play Jonesboro and the other would get May.
According to the Standard Times, that district uses a 24 pt tie breaker. So, Veribest would have to beat Irion County by 22 or more to make the playoffs and that would leave Robert Lee at #1 and Veribest at #2 if that happens.

Back