TAPPS D2 favorites

I believe Brenham, Arlington Fellowship, Town East, Lifegate, and probably Brownwood (dont know alot about them) all have legitimate shots to make it to the final four this year. I believe this year there are no clear cut favorites like in the past. But, until someone knocks off Freddy, they will forever be the team to beat.

imnot too sure about the arlington fellowship or brownwood picks for the final four. if anything id choose notre dame over either of those teams, of course im biased. But in all fairness, i feel like the district 2 champ has a pretty good chance of going far. Lets just hope that freddy will give us all a chance this year.

I have to put Duncanville Christway as a close 2nd to Freddy...christway has i believe 4 (?) strong contributing upcoming seniors namely their running back who can run all day long

Here we go again. The Wichita contingent seems to be starting to stir it up early this year. You guys usually wait until at least the summer before you start predicting the big gold football is going to head up panhandle way.

One question, in all the history of these two "powerhouse" programs, how many gold footballs have either amassed? Just seems you guys sure do tout dominance when there might be some work to do and some skins to be put on the wall before you can start calling yourselves contenders year after year.

I don't know, I'm just sayin.

Here is a school I'm going to toss out there.....

Alvin Living Stones.....

Yeah I know they have been bad for the past 3 years, BUT I have a hunch on them.
Will be inclined to say more at a later date.....

I just think they are going to become a household name

tyler street is pretty athletic, they werent bad this year and they won the state championship in basketball by a hefty margin. and geuss what? theyre returning everybody from their basketball team.

Wonder Dog, I would agree, if what your not saying does come to be, then Alvin Livingstones will be a team to be reckoned with. I just dont know if playing in D-II sixman would be the best for you know who. You know what I mean. :wink:

tepryde,

I totally agree, but I also heard alvin living stones will be making the jump to Division I during the next realignment. That may be the reasoning, OR thats my guess.
I got this info from my dad who's very good friends with him. But I'm to leave well enough alone....

Wonder Dog":4idm589z said:
tepryde,

I totally agree, but I also heard alvin living stones will be making the jump to Division I during the next realignment. That may be the reasoning, OR thats my guess.
I got this info from my dad who's very good friends with him. But I'm to leave well enough alone....

Just remember ... ALS is D2 in sixman football (based on boys enrollment) but 2A in other sports. ALS has always had a history of being pretty strong in girls sports (esp. volleyball), so it's not suprising there are more girls enrolled. But (without checking the realignment numbers on the TAPPS website, which can be easily checked, but not my me this morning), it's possible they're close to the D2/D1 cut off (I know Fredericksburg Heritage is one or two short ...)

And before we all scream about possible transfers and new coaches, I might suggest you refer to the TAPPS rule about kids switching schools with their coaches. There are a couple exceptions to the period where those kids can't play. Children of the coach and a closing of the original school MAY be the only exceptions I know of. It's on the TAPPS rules, but again, I don't have time this morning to find chapter and verse.

This is all speculation (from a good source I may add).....
I will leave it at that

It would be a sad day to see Ward vs my beloved Lubbock CTK Trojans.

I for one would like to know why would he want to leave a up-rising power (pine drive) to start at a school that has nothing as far as boys athletics goes...
I for one can't find anything on this school that deals with boys athletics....

As far as kids sitting out a year, I THINK that only refers to student/athletes not related to the coach that has moved..
So his nephew is legal, because he as been over him since 6th/7th grade

But wouldn't you love to see Fredericksburg Heritage FINALLY get challenged.......

Wonder Dog":vqbgeigd said:
This is all speculation (from a good source I may add).....
I will leave it at that

It would be a sad day to see Ward vs my beloved Lubbock CTK Trojans.

There may be lots of smoke. But if I had a buck for every rumor I'd heard about who moves where and who does what in this business, well, the drop in the market wouldn't be a concern of mine right now.

To put a quick end to this story before it gets way out-of-hand.
Under TAPPS rules, No kid can follow a coach to a new school unless that kid is willing to sit out 1 full school year.

FAMILY/LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP allows a kid to move to another school with his coach (family). So with that being said.

IF I left Pine Drive for another school, Keenon Ward would be LEGALY ELIGIBLE to participate in TAPPS sports.....
Last time I checked, Alvin Living Stones had a coach and I'm at DICKINSON PINE DRIVE

Lastly,
Please try and keep personal matters like this off the message boars

Back