New Favorite Team Option

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
Today I've implemented a new favorite team option. When viewing any team page (overview, schedule, standings, etc), you will see a star button near the top of the page. Toggling that button will enable/disable that team as your favorite team.

Once you have selected a favorite team, you'll now have quicker access to that team's pages directly in the main navigation bar under the "Fans" menu, as shown below. You'll have quick links to the main overview page as well as the team's schedule page.

Additionally, when a final score is entered for that team's game each week, you will receive an alert (and, optionally, a push notification if you have that enabled). Please note that these alerts are only sent when the final score is submitted into the official scores page. You will not get alerts for every update on the live scoreboard page. In the future we'll alert members of their team's schedule changes too, but that's not likely to make it into the system before the start of the season.

fav-team-toggle.gif

fav-team-nav.png

Last edited:
Just a thought, but can you put overall section on schools pages showing all time wins and losses and state championships won?

A better way to display, and search, historical data is definitely on my list of things to do but, honestly, it's not a super high priority right now. The hope is to one day have all that data easy to find, similar to how lonestar football network does it.

So, to answer your question, yes that is something I want to do. However, I'm not sure exactly when that might happen.

I remember when Granger sold T-Shirts...like in 1999-2000 time frame...O'Brien Bulldogs was the example shirt...wish I would have bought one

I think I still have that sample image saved somewhere. Seems like I remember seeing it when I was going through what files to, and not to, keep.

A better way to display, and search, historical data is definitely on my list of things to do but, honestly, it's not a super high priority right now. The hope is to one day have all that data easy to find, similar to how lonestar football network does it.

So, to answer your question, yes that is something I want to do. However, I'm not sure exactly when that might happen.
Sounds more like an off-season project.

What about, SixManFootball.com, T-Shirts? For favorite teams, I have several teams I follow and pull for, more than one favorite. There are also some that their favorite team is whoever is playing certain teams.

What about, SixManFootball.com, T-Shirts? For favorite teams, I have several teams I follow and pull for, more than one favorite. There are also some that their favorite team is whoever is playing certain teams.
I was actually just talking to someone about this tonight. It's definitely something that keeps crossing my mind but I have a few issues. First, I haven't even considered who all might want one. I'd hate to make a bunch of t-shirts just to be stuck with them all. Second, I'm still not completely set on the logo that I'm using. I'm seriously considering hiring a designer to come up with something during this off-season. It'd be a bit silly for me to make a bunch of merchandise just to change the logo afterwards.

If/when I do have some shirts/hats/etc made, I'll be sure to post it here on the site first.

Back