New Team Overview Pages (Help Needed)

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
So this weekend I plan on installing an update here on the site that will drastically change the way the team overview pages look/work. Right now the overview page is simply an overall standings block, followed by previous and next game blocks.

Starting with the next update, the previous/next game blocks will be removed completely. The overall standings block will be moved to the standings page. The overview page will become an information hub for each school.

On these overview pages I'd like to have everything that one should know about our six-man schools and, especially, their six-man football journey. When was the school built? When was their football stadium/field built? How long have they been playing six-man football? I'd like to have pictures of the school and their football stadium/field (thank you to @Leman Saunders for that suggestion). We'll include things like the team's coaching history, state championship appearances and outcomes, and notable players.

This is where I need your help, though. It would be next to impossible for me to gather all of this info for every school. So, if you have any of this info (or have easy access to it), and would like to help, please send me a private message here on the site, or you can send an email to [email protected] with any information that you have to share about any six-man football school(s). Once the update is installed this weekend, I'll begin entering any information I've been given.

Even if it's a team that no longer plays six-man football. If they're listed in our database, we can use info about their school/team. Heck, we're even going to try to add information about football stadiums that are regularly used for six-man football games, even if they're not six-man football fields. To find out if a team/location exists in the database, you can search here: https://sixmanfootball.com/teams/

If you'd like to see other features/changes I have planned for the site, or to suggest a change of your own, please do that here: https://sixmanfootball.com/threads/future-changes-suggestions-welcome-2023-24-edition.38053/

These new overview pages are now active. I'll get started filling in info about the teams tomorrow. If you have any information you think would be useful about any of the six-man football teams (past or present), please contact me to let me know.

I've gotten a lot of information here and there about a lot of schools, and I'm starting to get that updated today.

That said, I wanted to give a great example of the kind of information I'm looking for here. It would be great if we could set this as the bar to reach for every school (past and present), if possible.

Today I received the most well-written article for a team so far so I thought I should share it with everyone on the forums. This is what I'd like to eventually get every team's overview page write-up to look like. A full and complete write-up of the school's six-man history, hitting all or most of the the high points (and some low points).

Back