T*CAL Rankings

Okay I want to jump in on this with a few different views. I spent 5 years coaching in TAPPS and last year in T*CAL at a charter school now back in T*CAL at a christian school. So I guess you can say I have seen it from all sides. T*CAL has its problems but who doesn't. The important thing is everyday I see improvement and the willingness to help. I think there are a lot of schools who would greatly benefit themseleves by joining T*CAL. There a a lot of small christian schools who can not and may never be able to compete in TAPPS. I really think TCAL is a place for schools like that. I am not saying that the league is watered down or anything like that. It just have some smaller schools and who they would be better off competing with. I also think that TCAL does a good job trying to keep the bigger Home schools and Charter schools in the Upper classes D1 for football and 3A for other sports. I sometime question some of the home schools but that is a differnt story. Is TCAL as great as TAPPS? The answer to that question is NO. But in the near future I think it will be able to compete. I am here to help make that come true. I do think T*CAL and TCAF would do well if they would join together. Like coachbill said there are a few things that need to be done to make that come true but I think it could work. I see great things going on in T*CAL and I know they are about to get even greater.

I am just glad we've moved the topic from my rankings to something less controversial like Christianity, charter schools and home schooling... :roll:

San Antonio Feast beat the #1 rated team in all of TCAL by 34 points while the spread was listed as a 45 point loss for Feast: Feast was rewarded with no better playoff position (#5 Div I) than before the game. Their rating rose 12.25 while the #1 team dropped by 55.78. I know the team that wins last is all that matters but when the rankings mean playoff position the system for this particular game has to be questioned. Also, strength of schedule must not have much to do with the system because teams 1-3 (Div 1) do not have a win over anyone who currently has a rating over 80. When it's all said and done teams 1-3 may prove to be the better teams but West Columbia and Feast have had a tougher schedule but have lower rankings. Feast also beat West Columbia in game #1 and find themselves looking up at 4 teams. Feast is definitely down this year and may not be able to defend the TCAL Div 1 championship but the ranking system is making a tougher path to that last game. As it stands, West Columbia and Feast would play in the 1st playoff game. Am I right on that? I'll say my farewell now since the Feast coaches will soon be tar and feathering me for my post.

FEAST vs. West Columbia, should be a great match-up. However, the next few weeks could change everything. #1 plays #3 this week. If #3 is 45'ed, and #4 and #5 win out. They (FEAST vs. WC) will not see each other in the first round. It will be very interesting to see how DI plays out. We play a very good #2 this week, so hopefully we can help out! :mrgreen:

Good luck to all!

Well since we have these great matchups this weel in TCAL its time for some predictions!!!
I think Tomball and Tribe will be a great game I am going to go with Tribe but I dont think they will beat the spread. Tribe by 7
As for the #1 vs #3 I think Live Oak will win this one and probably cover the spread. Live Oak by 30.
Ok people I stuck my neck out there. Who is brave enough to join me?

Back