Final Rankings Question?

Was looking at the final rankings of D1 and had a question? How is Three Way with a record of 1-8 ranked above teams that were 8-3 and 7-4 ? Was there 1 win over the eventual state champion?

Was looking at the final rankings of D1 and had a question? How is Three Way with a record of 1-8 ranked above teams that were 8-3 and 7-4 ? Was there 1 win over the eventual state champion?
Your guess is as good as mine, but just quickly looking I'd guess it's because Three Way beat a #62 ranked school while Saint Jo (8-3) never beat a team ranked better than #80 and Menard (7-4) never beat a team better than #108.

There are definitely a lot of oddities, as always, but this year things did seem a little more strange than last season. As I've said before, though, everything will be looked at, and analyzed, many times over during the off-season and if I can find a way to make things more accurate, I'll make the change(s).

Do you think if you ran the #'s with Abbott beating Westbrook,, Would they have ended up ranked #1? Their only loss was to the state champ and yet that dropped them to #5.

Do you think if you ran the #'s with Abbott beating Westbrook,, Would they have ended up ranked #1? Their only loss was to the state champ and yet that dropped them to #5.
I'd think so. They were ranked #2 before that game so I wouldn't expect to see them drop if they would have won, especially considering they were picked to lose. In fact, I'd expect that, had they won, their rating would be higher than what Westbrook's is right now. Of course that's all just a guess too. I couldn't know, for sure, without actually running those numbers and that's not something I'll be able to do until I get a test server set up after the holidays.

Back