Strawn vs Richland springs the game we all wanted

Regarding the crowd. I thought the Strawn side looked full when I went to the concession stand in the 2nd. Not packed, I never felt crowded. The RS side looked over 3/4 full. Texas Bob's says the Dublin stadium capacity is 5000. So let's say 4000. Quite a crowd for a 6 Man game. For two towns with populations of 660 and 310. $5 x 4000 = 20k even split with the schools and the uil considering the concessions as well a nice take for Dublin. The concession lines were long well into the third quarter, they had burgers and frito pie. Considering they did this maybe to a lesser extent the previous weekend and the day after.

You do realize there are a lot of neutral fans at these games, actually all high school football this late in the season. They are typically quite, and have no skin in the game. They just love high school football and appreciate the talent and skill of these young men, regardless of team.
I sat next to a gentleman who drove 4 hours to watch
the game. It was his first time to watch a 6-man football game. He thoroughly enjoyed it. He was amused about the rules of 6-man football.

My father was raised in the RS area. I've had property in RS for 4+ years. Lived here full time for less than that. I do not hang out in the gossip circle, so I don't have juicy stories like this. What I heard, from a former student that did some work at my property, was that the role that Rigdon wanted was not what the school wanted him to have. Being head coach was not enough for him. Fair enough. So, they parted ways. I'm sure there was some hurt feelings as there is in any "break up". However, I am unaware of any threats in either direction. As I have gotten to know these people here, that seems highly unlikely. These are true Texas folks here. People that work hard, have good values, love their country / state and of course football is big part of their lives. As in any community, not everyone is perfect. But "threats" and "forcing into hiding" and "using his kids"? No, I don't believe that for a second.

As a RS fan, I wish Rigdon good luck this week. RS will bring their best. And that's a lot. Even in a rebuilding year. I can't wait to see the play calling in this game.

Ford brought this back up on another thread in essence. Since you say your new to the area, I feel sure the great majority of people in RS are fine folks, as I know several in Strawn to be. They'd probably all get along fine at say a barbeque.
But regarding your hired hands story maybe as a kid he didn't know the full story.
As I mentioned in another thread a couple of hours ago I told myself I wasn't going to respond. But, as I mentioned a couple of months ago the people of Strawn accepted us in a friendly manner as newcomers 20 years ago at a hard time in our lives.
I hope the Rigdons feel as welcomed in Strawn as you seem to in RS. But I digress
Anybody that can spell google can access this here internet. As a feeble attempt at a Goobisim.
I will not provide the link. But anybody who feels the need to know can look it up.
"It wasn't a wonderful moment for the brothers" "they're glad the seasons over".
Oh what the hell. The Coach spoke his mind in an interview.

Ford brought this back up on another thread in essence. Since you say your new to the area, I feel sure the great majority of people in RS are fine folks, as I know several in Strawn to be. They'd probably all get along fine at say a barbeque.
But regarding your hired hands story maybe as a kid he didn't know the full story.
As I mentioned in another thread a couple of hours ago I told myself I wasn't going to respond. But, as I mentioned a couple of months ago the people of Strawn accepted us in a friendly manner as newcomers 20 years ago at a hard time in our lives.
I hope the Rigdons feel as welcomed in Strawn as you seem to in RS. But I digress
Anybody that can spell google can access this here internet. As a feeble attempt at a Goobisim.
I will not provide the link. But anybody who feels the need to know can look it up.
"It wasn't a wonderful moment for the brothers" "they're glad the seasons over".

There are always 3 sides to a story:
Strawn's side
Richland Springs' side
And then there is the truth.

There are always 3 sides to a story:
Strawn's side
Richland Springs' side
And then there is the truth.
Strawn does not have a side in this discussion, they hired a guy that was available in east Texas and have conducted business as they should. Hire a guy, give him a job to do, pay him, treat him fairly and both sides are happy.

The saga that’s being referred too is between RS and coach Rigdon and his family.

First, I appreciate your tone and opinion. Second, as Texas Rebel said, and I completely agree, one side rarely speaks the whole truth about any disagreement. 3 sides to every story. My friends in law enforcement back me up on that.

At no point did I ever say that RS was blameless. Just like the Rigdon's are most likely not blameless. What I did say and will attempt to re-state, is that spreading rumor as fact is irresponsible. Pretending to know something, when you clearly do not, and parading it around like a whore with a feather boa is irresponsible (Footballizlife). Blaming an entire community and fan base because there was a parting of ways (and you have taken a side without all of the facts) is irresponsible (Footballizlife). Lying about how bad the fans are at game that I was at (and I know better) is irresponsible (Footballizlife).

Opinions are absolutely fine until they are presented as fact. I do not have all of the facts about the RS / Rigdon drama. I can confidently say that nobody here does either. There's no way that you could because the ISD has not officially given their side.

Regarding your google article ... I place that squarely in the same place that I do any other media report. The skeptical bucket. My preference is that those that seem to be reliving this let it go. You know why? Because it simply does not matter. Both parties have moved on. Both are happy with their decisions. It's kinda sad that there is not something more interesting to discuss.

First, I appreciate your tone and opinion. Second, as Texas Rebel said, and I completely agree, one side rarely speaks the whole truth about any disagreement. 3 sides to every story. My friends in law enforcement back me up on that.

At no point did I ever say that RS was blameless. Just like the Rigdon's are most likely not blameless. What I did say and will attempt to re-state, is that spreading rumor as fact is irresponsible. Pretending to know something, when you clearly do not, and parading it around like a whore with a feather boa is irresponsible (Footballizlife). Blaming an entire community and fan base because there was a parting of ways (and you have taken a side without all of the facts) is irresponsible (Footballizlife). Lying about how bad the fans are at game that I was at (and I know better) is irresponsible (Footballizlife).

Opinions are absolutely fine until they are presented as fact. I do not have all of the facts about the RS / Rigdon drama. I can confidently say that nobody here does either. There's no way that you could because the ISD has not officially given their side.

Regarding your google article ... I place that squarely in the same place that I do any other media report. The skeptical bucket. My preference is that those that seem to be reliving this let it go. You know why? Because it simply does not matter. Both parties have moved on. Both are happy with their decisions. It's kinda sad that there is not something more interesting to discuss.
What gives you the right to discredit my information as false or BS when you yourself stated you don’t have all the facts. I never said the community was responsible I have man friends there I stated RS school mishandled that situation and frankly mistreated the family during that time. Without “all the facts” how can you say I’m wrong?
I have spoken to employees at the school during the time that backed Rigdon snd agreed he was being treated unfairly. I have spoke to Mr Rigdon during the time and in fact attempted to speak to Mr Burkhart about it. So unless you have put effort into collected the facts maybe just maybe your not qualified to dismiss my opinion or information as false. Have a nice day

I did mean to note, after this year's game on the video screen above the field all of the Hounds seemed extremely happy. Including both the Rigdon brothers. Once again, to the whole Team, great game guys.

I did mean to note, after this year's game on the video screen above the field all of the Hounds seemed extremely happy. Including both the Rigdon brothers. Once again, to the whole Team, great game guys.
That’s what a program ran with respect and dignity does sir. Happy they are happy

😂 om my geeeez. Left for short time. Everybody hold on. The wheel made a revolution again. So silly.

The only person I see that has a real problem here is footballizlife. Somebody left a wound that just keeps festering it seems. Did you mean to say many friends or man friends just so I can clear things up for myself.? Just let it go already. It’s clearly eating at you uncontrollably. Cannot be healthy.
Also I noticed you said Strawn hired a coach that was available in east texas. Then you turn grudgingly and bet your family’s next 5 paychecks another teams is gonna go and hire a coach ect ect…
See how your grudge just blurts help me. Go take a vacation, go fishing, go hunting, get your hair done? 😂 just stop letting this eat your soul

😂 om my geeeez. Left for short time. Everybody hold on. The wheel made a revolution again. So silly.

The only person I see that has a real problem here is footballizlife. Somebody left a wound that just keeps festering it seems. Did you mean to say many friends or man friends just so I can clear things up for myself.? Just let it go already. It’s clearly eating at you uncontrollably. Cannot be healthy.
Also I noticed you said Strawn hired a coach that was available in east texas. Then you turn grudgingly and bet your family’s next 5 paychecks another teams is gonna go and hire a coach ect ect…
See how your grudge just blurts help me. Go take a vacation, go fishing, go hunting, get your hair done? 😂 just stop letting this eat your soul
We all will see come august

We all will see come august
Maybe your right. Maybe your wrong. It’s still eating you alive and at this point just amusing as to WHY. But agreed I guess we will all have to wait and see in august to hear from you. I’m sure you’ll have picked that scab by then and can squeeze out all the toxic puss you’ve been saving up. Do me the honor sir/ma’am was it man friends or many friends.?.?

Arnie you don't understand. I once had a t-shirt that said Football Is Life. Wore it out, used it for a rag first, then had to throw it away. I still miss it.

It's Ethridge. He'll be bringing in Braxton, who will be a senior next season at RS. I don't think this is a secret lol
Wait a minute here. Wasn't BE a bit peeved when he left RS all those years ago? Did he say something maybe about recruiting to some entity, a news paper maybe. Maybe if so they made up.

Back