Strawn vs Richland springs the game we all wanted

So I think this game was decided by a different story than just the fact Grayson Rigdon is a complete stud, of Strawn has a way better team. While both of those may be true or may of just seemed true, I think the real story was coaching. Rs had a good back and forth game plan for a little bit. They could not stop Strawn and JB is suppose to be a defensive mastermind. I seen him with his clipboard out draining up and trying to build a plan in first half with no luck. Rs offense was doing a decent job to big in with but Strawn started making adjustments in mid to late second quarter and it worked. Then judging by the fact RS was late coming back from locker room at half I’m assuming they had some serious coaching and game plan changes being made by what some call some of the greatest offensive and defensive minds In the game. Yet when they came back out nothing worked the coaches for Strawn made the better changes and completely shut down everything the RS coaches tried to do. So give credit to the coyote players for fighting in a game their coaches just got out coached in. The kids never gave up, the fans did. The RS coaches just did not do their part in this game and Strawn did.

The only Jerry Springer moments I noticed were the coaches screaming across the field to each other after a score or big play. I agree with what one poster said, nobody really cared about the Rigdon vs. Burkhart drama, which was both surprising and impressive. Overall, RS played hard for 2 quarters, and then the Strawn machine wore them down. They rested the freshman phenomena almost the entire 2nd half.

If Rigdon stays, there will be rings for days.

The kids never gave up, the fans did.

Were you there? I was ... and the RS fans did not give up. They cheered them on to the end. Being new to this site, I am surprised at the level of animosity towards the town and the people of RS. It is unwarranted and pathetic. Almost as pathetic as the handful of members here that have no team they cheer for, just get off on throwing rocks at everyone else. You need girlfriends. Bad.

Last edited:
Were you there? I was ... and the RS fans did not give up. They cheered them on to the end. Being new to this site, I am surprised at the level of animosity towards the town and the people of RS. It is unwarranted and pathetic. Almost as pathetic as the handful of members here that have no team they cheer for, just get off on throwing rocks at everyone else. You need girlfriends. Bad.
I was there and spent time on both sides actually and while the parents of players on RS squad continued to cheer the rest of the fans were a non factor the RS side were half empty by mid third. RS had a absolute TD called Incomplete amd the fans were so checked out you couldn’t not even tell they noticed. I have a partner and a family and stay plenty busy I just called this game as I seen it

I was there and spent time on both sides actually and while the parents of players on RS squad continued to cheer the rest of the fans were a non factor the RS side were half empty by mid third. RS had a absolute TD called Incomplete amd the fans were so checked out you couldn’t not even tell they noticed. I have a partner and a family and stay plenty busy I just called this game as I seen it

BS. The TD that got called back resulted in one guy behind me screaming for the ref to put on her (looked like a her) glasses. Others Boo'd. You're opinion of the town and the people / fan base is false and irrelevant.

No one was offering programs that I saw.
I was only asking because of your comment that both teams were losing a good bit. Somebody said RS had 4 seniors gone. You said Strawn was losing more. Just wondering how many. From watching the texas6 shows I only knew of 2. The tall kid I think #21 and the bulldozer back #2?

BS. The TD that got called back resulted in one guy behind me screaming for the ref to put on her (looked like a her) glasses. Others Boo'd. You're opinion of the town and the people / fan base is false and irrelevant.
Well in comparing the crowd size and energy from both sides I’d say the score must of been real lopsided like maybe 100 to some something way less cause one side you could hear from either side and the other side you only heard if u were on that side. One side stayed full the other was 1/2 empty before the mercy rule was imposed.

Your opinion is that my opinion is irrelevant?? Lmbo You must be a coyote fan in that only believes your opinion matters. IM a fan of the game amd was not only at that game but the mat game Saturday and the Saturday before also sterling city vs Westbrook so keep attacking those that disagree with you if you want, your ENTITLED to your opinion.

Your opinion is that my opinion is irrelevant?? Lmbo You must be a coyote fan in that only believes your opinion matters. IM a fan of the game amd was not only at that game but the mat game Saturday and the Saturday before also sterling city vs Westbrook so keep attacking those that disagree with you if you want, your ENTITLED to your opinion.

I'll make this easy for you. I'm not particularly interested in your opinion. And I'm not particularly interested in giving you mine. What I am interested in is truth. You are not telling the truth about the RS fans at that game. Your posts frequently make snarky remarks about RS the town and its fans. All predicated on something you supposedly know better than others. You're full of bull. And you have little to no credibility with me and I'm guessing with others as well. So, chew on the 9 championships until you're green.

I'll make this easy for you. I'm not particularly interested in your opinion. And I'm not particularly interested in giving you mine. What I am interested in is truth. You are not telling the truth about the RS fans at that game. Your posts frequently make snarky remarks about RS the town and its fans. All predicated on something you supposedly know better than others. You're full of bull. And you have little to no credibility with me and I'm guessing with others as well. So, chew on the 9 championships until you're green.
You mean you don’t like what I have to say. It’s very credible. It is fact actually but too some the truth hurts. Have a nice day opinion police.

Last edited:
I was only asking because of your comment that both teams were losing a good bit. Somebody said RS had 4 seniors gone. You said Strawn was losing more. Just wondering how many. From watching the texas6 shows I only knew of 2. The tall kid I think #21 and the bulldozer back #2?
Maxprep football listed five seniors for Richland Springs. I don't know if their list is accurate. Maxprep listed less than nine seniors for Strawn but was told Strawn has nine.

Well in comparing the crowd size and energy from both sides I’d say the score must of been real lopsided like maybe 100 to some something way less cause one side you could hear from either side and the other side you only heard if u were on that side. One side stayed full the other was 1/2 empty before the mercy rule was imposed.

You do realize there are a lot of neutral fans at these games, actually all high school football this late in the season. They are typically quite, and have no skin in the game. They just love high school football and appreciate the talent and skill of these young men, regardless of team.

You do realize there are a lot of neutral fans at these games, actually all high school football this late in the season. They are typically quite, and have no skin in the game. They just love high school football and appreciate the talent and skill of these young men, regardless of team.
I went to watch the game. No dog in that fight for me. I just wanted to watch a good game.

Congrats to strawn. While I am very impressed with #1 last night, I do have to say RS didnt make it easier on themselves arm tackling him. He broke lose a lot. However, I disagree that Strawn will be a power house the next 3 years. Yes, with their coaching and Grayson theyll easily win a lot of ball games and make a deep run. But as a whole, they're graduating multiple kids this year. And wasn't much on the sideline either. Just my opinion. RS has a heavy Freshman class and a talented 8th grade grou so I wouldn't count them out just yet. And not sure about JB leaving/retiring? First that I have heard of it. But I'm sure if he leaves Roger's will too? In that case RS is in trouble.
As it stands now, Richland Springs' 2022 roster will consist of 4 freshmen, 8 sophomores, 1 junior & 6 seniors.

I do realize that as I was one of them. We didn’t cheer much or make a lot of noise, just observed some great kids on both sides and great football, as well as a packed stadium till the end for one squad. Idk why so man we’re rooting for Strawn till the end and most of RS crown left early.

Back