Strawn vs Richland springs the game we all wanted

Wife and I made the drive to Dublin. RS was very much in the game at half. But whatever pep talk they got in the locker room at halftime had the opposite effect. That second half was a run away.

Clean game. No fights in the stands or on the field. No dirty plays. Most of the folks around us didnā€™t even know the Rigdons were in Strawn and nobody cared when they found out. So much ado over nothing.

Congrats to all the winners tonight. Looking forward to the championship games and what next year has to offer.

Rigdon bros had 10 total tdsā€¦they put scored Richland by themselves
I know Griff scored the last 3 which had to be cool for him as a Sr against his former team. Lorenzo got at least a couple. This was the first game I've seen live this year, for a SHS fan as a former resident it was pretty awesome. I remember a little chippiness on one play early on, some jawing on another. I really can't remember a personal foul. What I do remember was Grayson helping multiple RS players up after he tackled them. Hat's off to both teams on an overall clean game. And to RS for not quitting, I thought at one point it might be over a good bit earlier. They scored 54 points and did stop Grayson multiple times. But watching him was a treat. Several times I thought they had him but he escaped. Spinning out of tackles. Zig zagging in tight quarters before he busted out in the open field. Congratulations to him And his team mates And coaches. He couldn't have had the game he did without all of you.

RS fans must of fallen asleep at the half, they looked like old school video game fans over there, just sitting still with no emotion. Glad to see the kids never gave up tho. Congratulations to the Hounds. This will be the new norm for the next 3 years tho.

I made it. Great game all together. Nice to see RS not fold and keep coming despite the score. Was a great first half. That interception to start the game really helped directly after strawns first score. After half Strawn just pulled away and things went south for RS from there. Strawn had some really good blocking. I thought the tackling from RS was not very good, lots of arms tackling. PATs were killing them as well. Yes I can confirm the younger Rigdon kid really put them over the top in this game. Didnā€™t seem like the kids had any animosity forwards each other just playing ball. Congratulation to Strawn on picking that ticket and to RS on a great year.

Congratulations to Strawn! I am glad to hear everyone played nice. Moving forward, if Strawn wins this year, it makes the state title count between Lee and Burkhart much closer. I think it would be 5 to 9? I am sensing a 1980s Lakers vs. Celtics sort of vibe going on.

Congratulations to Strawn! I am glad to hear everyone played nice. Moving forward, if Strawn wins this year, it makes the state title count between Lee and Burkhart much closer. I think it would be 5 to 9? I am sensing a 1980s Lakers vs. Celtics sort of vibe going on.
Itā€™s only opinions on here so donā€™t take this person Tebow but I believe that will become lots close if JB does not give it up soon. Strawn (if they retain the Rigdon kid). Is set up to be the ultimate coyote killer the next 3 seasons. While I wonā€™t call him TE yet I will say they have a chance to make a run at that kind of success. RS loses their best players and from Iā€™ve seen has nobody to replace that talent. I see Jerry hanging it up or having his longest dry spell on Trips to Dallas

Itā€™s only opinions on here so donā€™t take this person Tebow but I believe that will become lots close if JB does not give it up soon. Strawn (if they retain the Rigdon kid). Is set up to be the ultimate coyote killer the next 3 seasons. While I wonā€™t call him TE yet I will say they have a chance to make a run at that kind of success. RS loses their best players and from Iā€™ve seen has nobody to replace that talent. I see Jerry hanging it up or having his longest dry spell on Trips to Dallas
Why would I take it personally?? I think that is a solid opinion that many share with you. Food for thought: Lee actually won state before JB by one year. By the time Lee won his second in 09, Jerry already had 3 additional rings. My point is it might be Lee's time to shine, but JB will be back at some point.

Congrats to strawn. While I am very impressed with #1 last night, I do have to say RS didnt make it easier on themselves arm tackling him. He broke lose a lot. However, I disagree that Strawn will be a power house the next 3 years. Yes, with their coaching and Grayson theyll easily win a lot of ball games and make a deep run. But as a whole, they're graduating multiple kids this year. And wasn't much on the sideline either. Just my opinion. RS has a heavy Freshman class and a talented 8th grade grou so I wouldn't count them out just yet. And not sure about JB leaving/retiring? First that I have heard of it. But I'm sure if he leaves Roger's will too? In that case RS is in trouble.

Congrats to strawn. While I am very impressed with #1 last night, I do have to say RS didnt make it easier on themselves arm tackling him. He broke lose a lot. However, I disagree that Strawn will be a power house the next 3 years. Yes, with their coaching and Grayson theyll easily win a lot of ball games and make a deep run. But as a whole, they're graduating multiple kids this year. And wasn't much on the sideline either. Just my opinion. RS has a heavy Freshman class and a talented 8th grade grou so I wouldn't count them out just yet. And not sure about JB leaving/retiring? First that I have heard of it. But I'm sure if he leaves Roger's will too? In that case RS is in trouble.
Strawn is loaded for the next 4 years.

Why would I take it personally?? I think that is a solid opinion that many share with you. Food for thought: Lee actually won state before JB by one year. By the time Lee won his second in 09, Jerry already had 3 additional rings. My point is it might be Lee's time to shine, but JB will be back at some point.
Both Strawn and RS will be somewhat depleted after graduation. Strawn loses the most but if the Rigdon's stay I see a team built more on speed to compliment remaining talent. Does JB hang around for a possible re build? He has left twice, is this going to be the third time? RS enrollment numbers still sliding downhill. At some point in time the Marathon factor comes into play. Gordon has a great group of junior high players moving up. The tide might be shifting, again.

Both Strawn and RS will be somewhat depleted after graduation. Strawn loses the most but if the Rigdon's stay I see a team built more on speed to compliment remaining talent. Does JB hang around for a possible re build? He has left twice, is this going to be the third time? RS enrollment numbers still sliding downhill. At some point in time the Marathon factor comes into play. Gordon has a great group of junior high players moving up. The tide might be shifting, again.
Gordon always has decent JR high, the group graduating from there this year was supposed to ā€œThe Teamā€. Strawn has plenty of talent and will be loaded.

Did the RS-Strawn game have programs? If so I donā€™t know how I missed them. How many seniors are both losing?

Back