SLEEPERS

Bulldogs82":33vfdy6r said:
Your right texlonghorn, bc played strawn the week before I got that backwards, but that’s where two of the 3 injuries occurred was against strawn then they tried to play the next game against white deer where coach richey kept them out after the first half. But BC is picking up momentum, they don’t have guys like Proulx and Trace but they can definitely be a force to be reckon with. Switching gears I think Balmorhea will handle ropes but I think that train stops in the third round. Balmorhea has had any success against the lead horses in D1 .

Weren't those kids injured before the Strawn game? I listened to the game on the radio & cannot remember there being any injuries happening. Correct me if im wrong. Just going by what i can remember from hearing the game. I do remember hearing the commentators say they had JV kids playing cause of the injuries. And Balmorhea will make BC or GC work for a win. Their just playing good football right now.

Don’t be counting Union Hill out. This team is playing with a lot heart and they have Mallory on there sideline. Everyone had them beat by White Deer. They will win against Blum and pull upset over Milford.

No... Union Hill isn’t in the same class with Milford. Milford is the beast of the east and it ain’t even close. Congratulations to the coaches and players of Milford for putting this season together. There’s only one way to cap it all off and that’s to bring a championship. Players like Ta’Ron and Corbin don’t come around too often, this being their last means this is championship or bust.

According to the current rating UH is rated 5 and Milford 8 with a 10 pt differential so according to this site it wouldn’t be an upset for UH to win. BUT. From the semis on it’s a huge guess as to who beats who. So many variables, illnesses, early game injuries, officiating (there will be more experienced ones in games who will make calls not called in season , players keeping their cool,(one losing his cool and ejected can be game changing) and last two the internal discipline each player has been taught and coaches have a game plan and stay with it. Those make it to the semis are separated by just a few of the above but those who can adhere to all will be moving on. Best of luck to each and every team. I’ve been on a state team and no better x-mas present than a state championship.

UH is hungry and better coached than Milford, should be a great game! Mallory has been to the big one, we know we know, Milford has the best offensive and defensive player, I've seen lots of teams with "the best player in state " get beat. Looking forward to seeing this game!

Better coached? In the last 3 years Milford has lost 4 games... Milford’s coach has been to the big one also. Union Hill is a pretty decent team but Milford is a completely different beast. Be careful what you wish for. A lot of teams come in wanting to see the dawgs roll but very few like the outcome they receive.

Union Hill coaches by Mallory hasn’t won a big game... they got owned by BC week 1 and upset by Tioga last year. Milford has beaten Jonesboro Garden City twice and Richland Springs. These kids perform when the lights are turned up bright, where union Hill normally drops the ball...

MilfordInsider":3nz2khi4 said:
Union Hill coaches by Mallory hasn’t won a big game... they got owned by BC week 1 and upset by Tioga last year. Milford has beaten Jonesboro Garden City twice and Richland Springs. These kids perform when the lights are turned up bright, where union Hill normally drops the ball...

Except Milford lost twice to strawn when the lights were turned up bright. You have the best defensive and offensive player in state and couldn’t make it out of D2. McClean will 45 Milford

And Strawns lost to Mclean and GC, McLean lost twice to happy last year... teams lose. I’m the last 3 years Milford has played in the biggest game and have won way more than lost. Like I said, 4 losses in 3 years...

McLean isn’t ready for Milford.... IF they get out of the West they’ll there run will stop there.

Didn't say Mallory won the big one with UH, just said he has won the big one before, yes , better coached, he's got the ring to prove it, Milford does have a good record, but their 4 losses were the only games that meant anything. McLean beat Strawn pretty good, Strawn beat Milford, can you put 2 and 2 together? McLean will end Milford's season.

Regular season losses don’t matter in the post season. Different teams match up differently. McLean has one good season and you guys are crowning them champs... get off of the bandwagon, Milford’s a team whose been there before and has had continued success for close to 20 years now... Make McLean prove it... they beat Strawn in week 1, Name another big game win that they’ve had ever?

MilfordInsider":zti7vkkz said:
Regular season losses don’t matter in the post season. Different teams match up differently. McLean has one good season and you guys are crowning them champs... get off of the bandwagon, Milford’s a team whose been there before and has had continued success for close to 20 years now... Make McLean prove it... they beat Strawn in week 1, Name another big game win that they’ve had ever?

I’m sorry, how many state championships does Milford have in those 20 years?

MilfordInsider":33rj0rlf said:

What do the teams from the last 20 years have to do with how the teams match up THIS year? That doesn’t even make sense. I hope all those guys are ready for Crockett, because it will take all 3 of them to bring him down.

Man, I gotta say that Milford runs there mouth an awful lot! They’re really talented and have a shot at a ring, but they are sure hard to love. I had the opportunity to watch them play Strawn. I also watched McLean play Strawn. The teams matched up very differently, but the biggest difference is I left believing McLean was better than Strawn, and Strawn was better than Milford. Take that for what it is.

20 years represents continued success. 3 years ago I’d never heard of McLean. You don’t have to like Milford, we’ll continue to win games. Like I said, McLean has one key win in school history... these Milford boys have been doing this since they’ve been in Highschool. The talent level between Milford and a lot of 1A schools is gapped by a big margin. All of these boys starting can go to any school 1A -4A in this area and start.

There’s no better player than Ta’Ron in the state. There’s no better defensive player than Corbin in the state. There’s no one else in the state who’s more dominant on defense than Ricky. And there’s nobody in the state faster than Damyan... Sheesh goodluck. Milford’s ready.

MilfordInsider":387s0ewc said:
20 years represents continued success. 3 years ago I’d never heard of McLean. You don’t have to like Milford, we’ll continue to win games. Like I said, McLean has one key win in school history... these Milford boys have been doing this since they’ve been in Highschool. The talent level between Milford and a lot of 1A schools is gapped by a big margin. All of these boys starting can go to any school 1A -4A in this area and start.

Still haven’t answered my question. How many state championships does Milford have in the last 20 years? Or do you like counting participation trophies?

Back