Rumor Mill

Rigdon to Balmorhea
Suspicious Futurama GIF

Hate when coaches lead a team on. They seem to hold out for a better deal? I get you want the best scenario for your family but when its two schools that aren't much different, its just disrespectful to lead a school on who gave you that contract. Rigdon is gone. Theres no getting him back. (I think? Idk, that family doesn't abide by laws or physics.) I really hope these are indeed just rumors. But man, if he really is straddling the line not coming to a decision after he already took the dang job, I've lost respect for him. Its not just him either. I've seen other HOF coaches *ahem ahem* leave their established program for a new challenge, realize they're over their heads, and tuck tail and run back to that said established program. I know Hayes has won almost everywhere he goes, but why not show the state you can win at yet another school instead of essentially ripping your contract up in the boards face and tucking back to Mustang nation? Again, hope this all isn't true and he makes the right decision.

Hate when coaches lead a team on. They seem to hold out for a better deal? I get you want the best scenario for your family but when its two schools that aren't much different, its just disrespectful to lead a school on who gave you that contract. Rigdon is gone. Theres no getting him back. (I think? Idk, that family doesn't abide by laws or physics.) I really hope these are indeed just rumors. But man, if he really is straddling the line not coming to a decision after he already took the dang job, I've lost respect for him. Its not just him either. I've seen other HOF coaches *ahem ahem* leave their established program for a new challenge, realize they're over their heads, and tuck tail and run back to that said established program. I know Hayes has won almost everywhere he goes, but why not show the state you can win at yet another school instead of essentially ripping your contract up in the boards face and tucking back to Mustang nation? Again, hope this all isn't true and he makes the right decision.
Who cares what he does, school boards do coaches dirty all the time.

Since the coaching carousel thread has somewhat been hijacked, might as well start this thread.
Hayes & Rigdon leaving Benjamin.
Miami might be open
Follett might be open
Groom will be open
RS will have their coach back after next season
Anyone else? Lol
Looks like I was right on 2, possibly 3 of the rumors. Predicted wrong on Groom. Seems like a lot of coaches are moving around this year!

Javelin, Hammer and Steeple Chase. Why?
Here's a Compilation Video of Gordon (+ one really good 400m race for 6-Man FB Powerhouses that Horns did not run in) at State Meet:

at 1:54 min, Stryker Reed winning 110 Hurtles.......

Ry Reed winning the 100m starts about 5:25.

Both Brothers Reed leaned forward at finish line to win. That definitely was how Ry came out First in 100m; he wasn't 1st one out of the blocks.

[ It's likely next year's Six-Man State Championship may mean capitalizing on any mistakes opponents make to win it all. ]

For the maybe 2 guys that didn't at least already look up results, no more SPOILERS.

Looking for Benj? At 7:54 min, 4x200 Relay, Benjamin is in lane 4 & "looks like" Grayson running 1st leg of it. Sooo, did Benj "win" 1st leg? Anyway, as always, best wishes for future FB endeavors & otherwise, Grayson.

At 13:55 6-Man FB well represented in the 400m with Baret Jackson for Rankin, Grif Reel for Jayton, Aidan Fisk for Motley Cty, & Kayson Campbell for Oglesby, .

Sorry, not re-watching the rest, so one more SPOILER alert,

Gordon Boys win this State Meet. Go Horns!!

Let's play some football!!

Last edited:
Here's a Compilation Video of Gordon (+ one really good 400m race for 6-Man FB Powerhouses that Horns did not run in) at State Meet:

at 1:54 min, Stryker Reed winning 110 Hurtles.......

Ry Reed winning the 100m starts about 5:25.

Both Brothers Reed leaned forward at finish line to win. That definitely was how Ry came out First in 100m; he wasn't 1st one out of the blocks.

[ It's likely next year's Six-Man State Championship may mean capitalizing on any mistakes opponents make to win it all. ]

For the maybe 2 guys that didn't at least already look up results, no more SPOILERS.

Looking for Benj? At 7:54 min, 4x200 Relay, Benjamin is in lane 4 & "looks like" Grayson running 1st leg of it. Sooo, did Benj "win" 1st leg? Anyway, as always, best wishes for future FB endeavors & otherwise, Grayson.

At 13:55 6-Man FB well represented in the 400m with Baret Jackson for Rankin, Grif Reel for Jayton, Aidan Fisk for Motley Cty, & Kayson Campbell for Oglesby, .

Sorry, not re-watching the rest, so one more SPOILER alert,

Gordon Boys win this State Meet. Go Horns!!

Let's play some football!!
That is beyond impressive and scary!

Rumor has it that Miami will hire a hfb coach for a 10 month contract and then hand the keys over to Armando Solis who will then get promoted AD/HFB after next season. The girls vball coach is AD and she will most likely get stripped of AD duties like the former Miami HFB coach was as soon as Mrs. Solis took over as superintendent in January. Same thing happened at Hart until they were forced to resign due to having a relationship which is why Armando was the bball coach at springlake-earth. They are now married so watch the rumor evolve into reality. Was told this by many residents of Miami (not happy at all) and they have yet to conduct any interviews, regarding the position.
The former bball coach was stripped of his duties even though he wanted to stay. Only given the option to coach a spring sport. He will win the grievance he filed since his teaching was above average and better than last years grades.
Well... looks like I was right about this one. Solis is head bball and they hired Hale from Crowell for a 10 month contract.

Let me just put the rumors to bed. The Rigdons will be in Richland Springs next year. The dad will be a full time sub while having co-defensive coordinator duties. Y'all can stop speculating now. God bless
Meet The Controversial First Family of Texas Six-man Football

Rifle McDowell will be a Canadian Wildcat next year. Looks like the mass exodus at Miami has begun. Also heard chance white will be transferring. Heard some kids don't want to play next season

Rifle McDowell will be a Canadian Wildcat next year. Looks like the mass exodus at Miami has begun. Also heard chance white will be transferring. Heard some kids don't want to play next season too...
One kid isn’t team and he better be a helluva athlete to make a stamp here

Meet The Controversial First Family of Texas Six-man Football
Shut up dude. Atleast congratulate the kid for being recruited by D1 schools
One kid isn’t team and he better be a helluva athlete to make a stamp here
He'll make a stamp in Canadian and actually have a chance to win a state championship.

Let me just put the rumors to bed. The Rigdons will be in Richland Springs next year. The dad will be a full time sub while having co-defensive coordinator duties. Y'all can stop speculating now. God bless
So is this a down grade for last years defensive coordinator? That young man did one heck of a job last year and if this is true, I hope he has moved on to a stable situation.

Back