Richland vs Strawn

CRSARM":2d9lssfq said:
Let me start this by saying that yes, I am a huge fan of Strawn, but Richland Springs is one of my top teams and I would be behind them 100% if it was not Strawn or Gordon.

Here is RS's results since 2001:

2001 13-2
Panther Creek 62-36
Witharral State Game 27-20

2002 12-1
Calvert Quarter Final 60-57

2003 13-1
Strawn Semi Final 56-54

2004 15-0
State Champs

2005 13-1
Throck Semi Final 72-58

2006 14-0
State Champs

2007 14-0
State Champs

2008 10-1
Strawn Bi-Dist 83-72

2009 11-2
Borden County 50-0 Strawn Quarter Final 70-22
2010 15-0
State Champs

2011 15-0
State Champs

2012 13-0

Their overall record since 2001 is 158-8. Out of those 8 losses 3 of them were to Strawn or 37.5% of their losses in the last 12 seasons have been to Strawn.

I am showing that since 2001 they have beaten Strawn 1 time, in 2004.

They have beaten Gordon a total of 6 times several of them being in the playoffs.

Out of the 8 losses for RS no team has gotten more then 1 win with the exception of Strawn.

RS is on a 43 game winning streak...I think that number is correct.

What all of this really boils down to is that all of this is past history...this game will come down to which team has the most heart that night. You can argue physical conditioning a ton of other factors but you are int he semi finals, would any team be here if they did not have all of that? Heart and desire to win will determine the night.

I am pulling for Strawn but I will still be happy if RS wins this one. Either way one of my top teams will be in the state game.

I would like to see the game come down to the final play...this is what I wanted when Gordon played Strawn and I got my wish that night.

Good luck to all 8 teams left in the UIL playoffs, you have all earned the right to be where you are. Win or loose you all have something to be proud of.

Andy

2009 11-2
Borden County 50-0 should be 76-62 game played at Trent
http://www.sixmanfootball.com/2009-scores.php see week1
Strawn Quarter Final 70-22 In this game the Burkhart got hurt early in the game and was their top player

SavoyFan":18w5ct6x said:
twodollarbill":18w5ct6x said:
SavoyFan":18w5ct6x said:
It is but since they have both played the same top tier team with vastly different results, I would say the odds strongly favor R.S.
Positive improvement.. He referred to Gordon as a "Top Tier" team.
Good job SavoyFan. That's a big ole boy....

Never said Gordon wasn't good two dollar. In fact I have said they are good. Just was makin a assumption that since R.S. had put a beat down on them that Strawn may have their hands full. But who knows for sure.......

I don't want to take anything away from Richland's near perfect performance that night, but that "Beat Down" is not exactly as it appears. Gordon came into that Richland game down 2 starters. Gordon lost two more around the time the game was tied at 38 near halftime. An additional starter was pulled right after half, so essentially Richland "Beat Down" Gordon's JV. I am not at all saying Richland Springs would have lost to a 100% healthy Gordon team, but I would bet it would have continued to be close. Bottom line, dont hang your score predicting hat on that game. If Strawn finds a way to corral Bush, which they are capable of, they have a great shot at winning.

It seems to me that both teams are steeped with history. Since joining six man there are always teams that get your attention. These two are usually mentioned in the conversation. I haven't had the privledge to see either but sounds like it should be a heck of a game. I just hope that all the players come out of it with no injuries.

I wouldn't count Strawn out. They may be the only team in the state that won't pee down their leg at the mention of the name RS.

But, RS probably wins this one.

texas man":1gdugght said:
RS by 45 The hounds allowed the RS in their district to score some points on them and that RS is horrible. This coyote offense is very good.

And... RS allowed Blanket to score 16 on them, Mullin Twenty-Eight, Tsk, Tsk, Tsk (was that 4 TD's by MULLIN?, they only scored once on Santa Anna and twice on Zephyr).
At the mention of common opponents people have jumped on the RS-Gordon, Strawn-Gordon games. Post above mentions 2 starters out for G -RS, 2 more go out in 1st 1/2, another pulled (?). And the heads shake mumbling excuses, excuses, like ah noses everybodys got one. Well guess what, Gordon is pretty good afterall. RS 45'd em, but with all those excuses Gordon put up 44 points on RS on the home field they havent lost on since 1928. G-S is always a ya never know game, records be danged. Loosing one game all year by 2 pts to a state semifinalist in a rival game that came down to the last play.... The "springboard" of 03 & 08 of loosing to G, beating RS, winning state is past history. But it proves RS can be beat from time to time.
How about other common opponents. RS smoked Brookesmith 61-0. Strawn only beat em' 57-0. RS whupped up on Walnut Springs by 49, 67-18 (gave up 3 TS's???). Strawn only beat them by 46, 52-6.
While RS did beat Milford by 36 they only beat Jonesboro by 16, on their home field where the have not lost since 1884.
Neither truly dominant. Not a 45'n or an 80-2 by the half.
Oh yeah, Strawn did end up 45'n Rising Star.

As a Gordon alum I am predisposed to dislike Strawn in every way. Richland Springs not as much but still can't say anything nice except for the truth of "they're pretty good". I'll be sitting in the end zone bleachers for this opening act expecting to see a tremendous football game. Is it Saturday yet?!!?

gohorns ill also be in the bleachers antcipating two awsome games. I think the longhorns will win in a very close game 8 points or less. The coyotes will have their hands full also richlands coaching staff seems to always make the right adjustments at halftime coyotes by 30 late in the game.

sixmanfansince1984":15e37bo9 said:
Strawn Quarter Final 70-22 In this game the Burkhart got hurt early in the game and was their top player[/color]

I pulled my scores off of Lonestarfootball.net. He has an error on that one game I guess. I stand corrected.

Yes, I am aware the Burkhart was injured early in that game. I spent a lot of time in prayer for him with his grandmother. It does show how an injury can make a game for the other team.

I still contend that this game will come down to the team with the most heart that night. Both will be at their best, I am sure the coaches will see to that. I do think that Strawn has the best shot in the state to play with Richland though. I have said since the start of the season that I believed Strawn would be the only one that can touch them. (No that is not on here, I said this to friends face to face)

I just hope for a good game, no injuries and that all the young men leave it all on the field.

Andy

CRSARM":3sbq636u said:
sixmanfansince1984":3sbq636u said:
Strawn Quarter Final 70-22 In this game the Burkhart got hurt early in the game and was their top player[/color]

I pulled my scores off of Lonestarfootball.net. He has an error on that one game I guess. I stand corrected.

Yes, I am aware the Burkhart was injured early in that game. I spent a lot of time in prayer for him with his grandmother. It does show how an injury can make a game for the other team.

I still contend that this game will come down to the team with the most heart that night. Both will be at their best, I am sure the coaches will see to that. I do think that Strawn has the best shot in the state to play with Richland though. I have said since the start of the season that I believed Strawn would be the only one that can touch them. (No that is not on here, I said this to friends face to face)

I just hope for a good game, no injuries and that all the young men leave it all on the field.

Andy
Well, talk about a double standard. DII BC beats DI richland and still couldn't get any respect from the sixman world. richland wins DII championship past two years and everybody is ready to crown them world champs. Fact is, they couldn't beat any of the top five DI teams this year. There wouldn't be enough left of them to sweep of the field.

One would assume that Roundball is more the game for Shortgirl. BC is playing Roundball, isn't that correct Tallman? Shouldn't you be focused on that?

twodollarbill":33tpu7b9 said:
rainjacktx":33tpu7b9 said:
Did you see what just happened? Anyone? Anyone?????
I thought we sufficiently buried that imbucile with intellect. Damn my thinking.....
What is the deal with your love affair all things richland? By the way, I haven't gone anywhere but I do have a life other than this board. I will say
i must have been touching a nerve with some of you knotheads because somebody is trying to hi-jack my user name

Tallman":21tvfqml said:
twodollarbill":21tvfqml said:
rainjacktx":21tvfqml said:
Did you see what just happened? Anyone? Anyone?????
I thought we sufficiently buried that imbucile with intellect. Damn my thinking.....
What is the deal with your love affair all things richland? By the way, I haven't gone anywhere but I do have a life other than this board. I will say
i must have been touching a nerve with some of you knotheads because somebody is trying to hi-jack my user name
I've no love affair with Richland, of that I assure you. I do however respect the way these (all kids -including BC) go out & give their all each and every time they step on the field. I honor a winning tradition. I abhore excuses that demean the effort put forth by these kids.
Again I ASSURE you I am no Richland fan and for the sake of my 12th grade son in Strawn I am pulling for an upset this weekend. Should that not happen, I (& my son's) will all be in Abilene later this month to pull for Richland to carry on their winning tradition.
Because that's what we (as fans & people who love the game) do.

What was that? Some kind of insect? Did OBK's aunt escape or was it a fly on the screen? Where's the swatter key?
And it's only Monday! Back on topic. Rah Rah Ree don't kick em' in the knee, that's a penalty, Coach Lee will have a bar b q and share you with Coaches P & D. Rah Rah Razz. Kick em' in the Ahhzz. Go Hounds!!!

Back