Richland vs Strawn

Entered all my information into my machine before i went to bed.Got up this morning and heres the results. Coyotes by 30. Longhorns by 6 See ya in Hico for a double header. Good luck to all teams.

Most teams are intimidated by the Coyotes walking onto the field. And the losing begins,Call it mojo or whatever, but I do not think the Hounds are one of them. Hounds been nipping at coyotes for eons. That being said as Doc T said you really never can guess what kids will do. Good luck to both..........BUT.......SIC 'EM COYOTES

I think Hico does a great job
on the playoff games that they've hosted!!
Parking is sometimes creative,
but the rest of the facility is good.
I'll be lookin for an orange mohawk at one end of the field.

dodad2133":1frx629b said:
Entered all my information into my machine before i went to bed.Got up this morning and heres the results. Coyotes by 30. Longhorns by 6 See ya in Hico for a double header. Good luck to all teams.
Guess your machine didn't take into account the Hounds are 8-2 agin dem Coyotes.

SavoyFan":18gtha4v said:
Lol cowboy no bitterness here. I made a logical assumption that since Gordon had the stuffing beat out of them by R.S. that R.S. would probably not have a problem with Strawn since Gordon had beat strawn earlier. Then u decide to hi jack the thread and go on a Gordon love fest. So please tell me where any logical person would not be in the right to assume the likely hood of the R.S. vs Strawn game being what I think.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Gordon far from healthy when they got the "stuffing beat out of them" by RS? I heard they had more than one key player out in that game...
Just saying that game may not be as big of a deciding factor in your assumption.

Ryry, the Gordon team that played RS certainly was not the same team that play Strawn. The second half against RS was pretty JV heavy.

ryry":1ratgd0f said:
SavoyFan":1ratgd0f said:
Lol cowboy no bitterness here. I made a logical assumption that since Gordon had the stuffing beat out of them by R.S. that R.S. would probably not have a problem with Strawn since Gordon had beat strawn earlier. Then u decide to hi jack the thread and go on a Gordon love fest. So please tell me where any logical person would not be in the right to assume the likely hood of the R.S. vs Strawn game being what I think.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Gordon far from healthy when they got the "stuffing beat out of them" by RS? I heard they had more than one key player out in that game...
Just saying that game may not be as big of a deciding factor in your assumption.
Only if you would consider our sprint relay team key.

SavoyFan":efwlpwk5 said:
It is but since they have both played the same top tier team with vastly different results, I would say the odds strongly favor R.S.
Positive improvement.. He referred to Gordon as a "Top Tier" team.
Good job SavoyFan. That's a big ole boy....

Let me start this by saying that yes, I am a huge fan of Strawn, but Richland Springs is one of my top teams and I would be behind them 100% if it was not Strawn or Gordon.

Here is RS's results since 2001:

2001 13-2
Panther Creek 62-36
Witharral State Game 27-20

2002 12-1
Calvert Quarter Final 60-57

2003 13-1
Strawn Semi Final 56-54

2004 15-0
State Champs

2005 13-1
Throck Semi Final 72-58

2006 14-0
State Champs

2007 14-0
State Champs

2008 10-1
Strawn Bi-Dist 83-72

2009 11-2
Borden County 50-0
Strawn Quarter Final 70-22

2010 15-0
State Champs

2011 15-0
State Champs

2012 13-0

Their overall record since 2001 is 158-8. Out of those 8 losses 3 of them were to Strawn or 37.5% of their losses in the last 12 seasons have been to Strawn.

I am showing that since 2001 they have beaten Strawn 1 time, in 2004.

They have beaten Gordon a total of 6 times several of them being in the playoffs.

Out of the 8 losses for RS no team has gotten more then 1 win with the exception of Strawn.

RS is on a 43 game winning streak...I think that number is correct.

What all of this really boils down to is that all of this is past history...this game will come down to which team has the most heart that night. You can argue physical conditioning a ton of other factors but you are int he semi finals, would any team be here if they did not have all of that? Heart and desire to win will determine the night.

I am pulling for Strawn but I will still be happy if RS wins this one. Either way one of my top teams will be in the state game.

I would like to see the game come down to the final play...this is what I wanted when Gordon played Strawn and I got my wish that night.

Good luck to all 8 teams left in the UIL playoffs, you have all earned the right to be where you are. Win or loose you all have something to be proud of.

Andy

twodollarbill":1pjrtnjv said:
SavoyFan":1pjrtnjv said:
It is but since they have both played the same top tier team with vastly different results, I would say the odds strongly favor R.S.
Positive improvement.. He referred to Gordon as a "Top Tier" team.
Good job SavoyFan. That's a big ole boy....

Never said Gordon wasn't good two dollar. In fact I have said they are good. Just was makin a assumption that since R.S. had put a beat down on them that Strawn may have their hands full. But who knows for sure.......

RS by 45 The hounds allowed the RS in their district to score some points on them and that RS is horrible. This coyote offense is very good.

Hmmmm. Strawn loses to Gordon. Gordon loses to Richland Springs. Means Strawn loses to Richland? Here are a few facts from the past.

Richland Springs Beats Gordon 64 to 19. Not even a close game.
Gordon then comes back in the season and beats Strawn 47 to 34. Close game.
It looks like Strawn is doomed when they play Richland that year. Gordon beat Strawn and Richland beat Gordon very soundly.
Playoffs. Richland Springs 54 Strawn 56.

Richland Springs 60 Gordon 50.
Gordon 60 Strawn 30 (For the district championship)
Richland Springs 72 Strawn 83. Strawn should of lost this one, right?
In all fairness this year Strawn and Gordon met in the Quarter Finals and Strawn revenged the earlier loss by beating Gordon 89 to 58.

This all goes to disprove the theory that Strawn has lost this game before it even starts because Richland Beat Gordon soundly and then Gordon beat Strawn. History shows that this is not the case.

History also shows that for Strawn to win state they have to lose to Gordon during the regular season. The one year that Strawn made it to state and then lost they beat Gordon 75 to 8 that year.

History? We have always been told that it repeats itself. Does it? Does that rule apply in 6-Man? Time will tell but I still say the game depends on the heart of the boys.

As a side note I show since 2001 Strawn has a record of 3-1 against RS. The total scores are:

Strawn 217
Richland Springs 206

RS 54 Strawn 56

RS 58 Strawn 8

RS 72 Strawn 72

RS 22 Strawn 70

2 close games and 2 blowouts. History shows us here that we might be in for a great game.

Andy

Well put Andy. Any team that has played Strawn knows that they NEVER walk onto the field without the attitude that they should win. People talking about an RS blowout are just adding fuel to that fire. Sure wish I could be there to see this game.

Wow Andy! You have a lot of research. Very interesting looking at the history of Strawn and RS. You have proved your point to me. I think this will be a close game. Maybe, just maybe you are right and it comes down to the last play. I would like to see this game but may not be able to make it. Good luck to both teams. I hope it is a well played game with no injuries.

We'll be lucky to get out of Hico with our hides. We only got 12 kids what the heck is a JV. We use our Cheerleaders for scout teams. Oh well we will show up and TRY......SIC 'EM COYOTES

Back