Richland Springs: The Tradition

Seth Meyers Smoking GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Richland Fans

That’s it.?.? 😂 coming from a user name @6-Man King. Makes sense. You didn’t have a response to my earlier quote of yours.? Or was that it.? But yeah it’s correct to some level I bet and hey it’s still going on TODAY. 🤷‍♂️

may of missed your quote, didn't realize you were throwing shade at the king. i always have response to anything sixman related, all i hear is 9 championships trophies, which end up in full of dirt in old gyms, ive always been more impressed with the people who grow up in sixman football and pursue positive careers in life from small towns, seems like the Richland community is alive and well

may of missed your quote, didn't realize you were throwing shade at the king. i always have response to anything sixman related, all i hear is 9 championships trophies, which end up in full of dirt in old gyms, ive always been more impressed with the people who grow up in sixman football and pursue positive careers in life from small towns, seems like the Richland community is alive and well
King of what exactly.? The keyboard. No shade from me mainly facts. So now people that grow up in RS don’t go on to pursue positive careers..? That’s called throwing shade. Unbelievable. Trophies in full of dirt gyms.? What are you talking about. Did they hurt you too somehow.?

Richland springs is a great town good folks, but to say that they would be in Jerrys world is highly unlikely and if you would do your research like Mike the admin did for us on page 1 your stats are below average for Richland to make it to state in Math calculations.

King of what exactly.? The keyboard. No shade from me mainly facts. So now people that grow up in RS don’t go on to pursue positive careers..? That’s called throwing shade. Unbelievable. Trophies in full of dirt gyms.? What are you talking about. Did they hurt you too somehow.?
Arnie, I have been paying 6 Man King to get you riled up for the weekend. With this cooler football weather I couldn't help myself.

I would never start the year with Richland Springs ranked less than #2. It is not that the other teams are not talented and trying, or that the coaches don't know what they are doing: Richland Springs finds a way to win with the right person in the right position, being in extreme shape, with the right play called, they have a fierce pride in their God, home, school, and country, and they never give up My ancestors were from Richland Springs and I have been going to the games when I can (I live up close to Dallas). My dad, 6'6, 245, (no, his name was not Big Bad John) and strong as an ox, wanted to play for RS but his dad wouldn't let him because he needed him to work on the farm. A&M recruited him even though he had never played. Sadly, my Granddaddy was at a RS game once where a football player died, so you can imagine the odds of my dad playing.

On a subject some of you may not be aware of: If you go to sansabaradio.com you can watch videos of all the Richland Springs games this year. (San Saba games are available also.) Usually, the announcers are local, and do they get wound up. You can move the bar at the bottom of the video to skip pregame or whatever. Watch the last ten minutes or so of the Coolidge game and the Cherokee game.

We'll see you at Jerry-world
Well: I just got home (2:00 AM in Kemp) from watching Richland Springs vs Rochelle. Rochelle could easily have won. Rochelle, when things were clicking, scored more easily than RS. Penalties really hurt Rochelle tonight. Watch the video free at sansabaradio.com

Well: I just got home (2:00 AM in Kemp) from watching Richland Springs vs Rochelle. Rochelle could easily have won. Rochelle, when things were clicking, scored more easily than RS. Penalties really hurt Rochelle tonight. Watch the video free at sansabaradio.com
I’ll have to disagree on who got hurt most by the penalties. The official on the north side was “flag happy” against the RS offense, calling a penalty at every opportunity when they had a large gain. Yes, Rochelle received several dead ball personal foul calls for their temper antics and foul mouths, but several flags against the Hornets were picked up also. Rochelle, in my opinion, could be a really good team, but are almost totally undisciplined. The RS extra point team has work to do to get back in form. They missed 6 or 7 extra points with errant snaps etc.

I’ll have to disagree on who got hurt most by the penalties. The official on the north side was “flag happy” against the RS offense, calling a penalty at every opportunity when they had a large gain. Yes, Rochelle received several dead ball personal foul calls for their temper antics and foul mouths, but several flags against the Hornets were picked up also. Rochelle, in my opinion, could be a really good team, but are almost totally undisciplined. The RS extra point team has work to do to get back in form. They missed 6 or 7 extra points with errant snaps etc.
Klaaxctuu said "Rochelie, when things were clicking, scored more easily than RS". That does not compute. Richland Springs took 34 snaps Rochelle took 58 excluding extra point attempts for each team.

Talking about ancient history again. What have they done lately?
If you call three years ago ancient history, and making it to the state game 11 times since 2001, (that’s not even counting all of the other playoff wins in between), what have you done for me lately! Sure, every team is different and each year is a new year, but the continuity makes a difference and accounts for a great deal of success.

Go Coyotes!

They.ve won 9 state champs.The UIL State Executive Committee found that a recruiting violation occurred and issued a public reprimand and a three-year coaching suspension for Richland Springs High School's Jerry Burkhart, a nine-time state championship football coach.

"The UIL State Executive Committee found that a recruiting violation occurred and issued a public reprimand and a three-year coaching suspension for Richland Springs High School's Jerry Burkhart, a nine-time state championship football coach."

"UIL Suspends Coach 3 Years & Gives School 3 Year Probation
https://texashsfootball.com/uil-suspends-9-time-state-champion-coach-for-3-years/ "

Makes people think about those 9 state champions.

Back