Can Someone Explain what Happen Friday Night

otil_85

Six-man fan
I’ve have watched the video from Friday night game on Richland Springs . What happen before the half looks like a couple of players from both sides were ejected from the game .
Didn’t see anything happen just The fact a helmet came off . And next thing you know 2 players get off the field . I sure do hope Richland Springs can find a game to play on their week off coming up . I sure wouldn’t want to see their best player on the side line . When we host a Beat Down in a couple of weeks .

I’ve have watched the video from Friday night game on Richland Springs . What happen before the half looks like a couple of players from both sides were ejected from the game .
Didn’t see anything happen just The fact a helmet came off . And next thing you know 2 players get off the field . I sure do hope Richland Springs can find a game to play on their week off coming up . I sure wouldn’t want to see their best player on the side line . When we host a Beat Down in a couple of weeks .
Is that statement an attempt at sympathy or just a little sarcasm?

I read that a Richland Springs game for this week has been filled.

Do you have a link to the video and the time?

OK so here's what I see, starting around 1:11:08.

L throws a flag for OH, and that action continues until they're in a pile on the ground. My guess (the video isn't clear/doesn't show) is the defensive player likely took a swing at the blocker, who retaliated in some form or fashion. The RS kid was ejected - not just disqualified - meaning that the officials thought he was fighting. (same consequences, but DQ'd means they can still be on the sideline, ejected means they must leave the playing enclosure, that's why the coach (the same one who ran to the far sideline) had to leave with him, they can't leave them unsupervised in the locker room. Can't tell if the Coolidge kid was also ejected, I am sure he was though.

We're back on track at 1:18:32 - that's a heckuva long stoppage but there was a lot to sort out there.

Just ran into his dad this morning. He saw what I saw . Glad he wasn’t hurt Because they will need him at 100% to even think about giving us a game!! I just @$”& love football !
Glad neither player was hurt. RS player appeared to be just overly aggressive with his blocking/holding technique. Lol The silence is deafening from San Saba county.

Glad neither player was hurt. RS player appeared to be just overly aggressive with his blocking/holding technique. Lol The silence is deafening from San Saba county.
I’m only part time SS and don’t want to deafen anyone, but can tell what I observed from the fence close by the action. The RS player was aggressively blocking the taller defensive player, taking him out of position to make the tackle. After the ball carrier passed the two and crossed the goal line, it seemed that the tall defensive player lost his cool and as the blocker was already up close and personal, grabbed the face mask of the blocker and pulled him down on top of him on the turf. It seemed that the defender on the bottom was attempting to reach inside the facemask of the blocker with the fingers of one hand while continuing to pull the face mask close to his own, maybe gouging the eyes a little. As the blocker was trying to get up and away from the defender’s grip, the defender twisted the little guy’s helmet halfway around as the little blocker was trying to push free. As it was more than likely just a little bit hard to breathe and see out of the ear hole, the RS player pulled his helmet off as he jumped up and attempted to retreat from the situation.
Being that the crew was short handed, I believe they just guessed at what took place as the nearest official had dropped his flag for offensive holding and then turned to the goal line and the ball carrier. By seeing the little guy jumping up and jerking his helmet off I believe an assumption was made. After a pow-wow, the little guy was ejected, and it looked as though they disqualified an opposing player, that was in the area of the conflict, but was a different player than the one involved. The actual instigator continued to play the entire game.
And, the TD was called back and a penalty assessed.

I just assumed there was a 4th official (the bump) who was deep, but you're right, there's only 3 officials. Especially for a Varsity game, that is super hard to see everything. In most 6-man games, coaches only want 4, but 5 officials is so much better, you don't get more calls, you get better calls because they don't have as big an assignment area to cover. But 5 is super rare except for SC games.

Strange. No one interested if Coyotes play on Friday? Only interested if they had a bye, strange.
From the video-cast on sansabaradio.com, that Burkeville team has some players with size and have speed to burn. They should be more successful than they have been. They reminded me of some of the Calvert teams of the past. The Coyotes seemed to handle them well.

I just assumed there was a 4th official (the bump) who was deep, but you're right, there's only 3 officials. Especially for a Varsity game, that is super hard to see everything. In most 6-man games, coaches only want 4, but 5 officials is so much better, you don't get more calls, you get better calls because they don't have as big an assignment area to cover. But 5 is super rare except for SC games.
I see 5 officials in just about every 6-man game played in the South Plains and Panhandle. Not sure why you would say 5 officials is super rare.

I see 5 officials in just about every 6-man game played in the South Plains and Panhandle. Not sure why you would say 5 officials is super rare.
In our chapter I bet we get 1-2 six man games per season where the coaches want and get 5 officials... yall must have a lot more officials available than we do, because even if they wanted 5 they're not likely to get them, we're that short handed.

Every coach I've ever talked to about says they don't have the money to pay the 5th official anyway so they don't ever ask.

In our chapter I bet we get 1-2 six man games per season where the coaches want and get 5 officials... yall must have a lot more officials available than we do, because even if they wanted 5 they're not likely to get them, we're that short handed.

Every coach I've ever talked to about says they don't have the money to pay the 5th official anyway so they don't ever ask.
I guarantee you they have the money. They just aren't used to paying for the 5th. Several years ago there was a concerted effort to NOT cover the game unless 5 officials were being used. Many officials will reject the game if it's not a crew of 5 knowing they will get re-assigned somewhere else where there is. It's worked out well. Schools will adjust and will pay for the 5th official. Especially when they are told they won't have any officials if not.

Back