Realignment Week

coachbronk

Six-man fan
Should be interesting how this shakes out with the all movement this year. I look forward to seeing if we are driving 5.5 hours to district away games or 4 hours. HAHA!!!

You need to be out there convincing Burkville to go sixman and get schools that are basketball only in your area to add football........

Trust me, there not being any six-man schools out this way isn't from a lack of trying. Burkeville acted insulted when I asked their Supt and AD. They said they would never go six-man. When it relates to the schools that only play basketball, there are a lot of the AD's who don't want football messing up what they have. It's pretty sad.

Texman301":swcl4bs8 said:
You need to be out there convincing Burkville to go sixman and get schools that are basketball only in your area to add football........

Ignorance is Bliss for some of these guys....and how many times have you heard the insult from an 11 man that eventually after getting kicked year in and year out bite the bullet and realize it was the greatest decision they could have made.

I agree 100%. I told them they would serve the kids better if they moved to six-man instead of year in and year out taking a beating with 20 kids playing 11-man. I told Burkville that they would thrive in six-man and shared the story of my time at Dallas Lutheran and us getting our teeth kicked in every year and playing with 19-20 kids, then I finally talked the admin into moving to six-man and within 3 years of that move, they won a State Title.

Their response...*Crickets*

Texman301":3g1ywrlc said:
Ignorance is Bliss for some of these guys....and how many times have you heard the insult from an 11 man that eventually after getting kicked year in and year out bite the bullet and realize it was the greatest decision they could have made.

coachbronk said:
I agree 100%. I told them they would serve the kids better if they moved to six-man instead of year in and year out taking a beating with 20 kids playing 11-man. I told Burkville that they would thrive in six-man and shared the story of my time at Dallas Lutheran and us getting our teeth kicked in every year and playing with 19-20 kids, then I finally talked the admin into moving to six-man and within 3 years of that move, they won a State Title.

As that old saying goes, you can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Coach,
I'm afraid of the way you are isolated that it will be the same ole same old. It's a shame that schools in your area that get blasted every year don't have the future views to see success down the road. Ask throckmorton

I don't disagree. I can get plenty of non-district games down here because of the number of private schools that play six-man, but when it comes to district play, it gets frustrating for all involved because the distances are crazy.

Superjrj":28e548un said:
Coach,
I'm afraid of the way you are isolated that it will be the same ole same old. It's a shame that schools in your area that get blasted every year don't have the future views to see success down the road. Ask throckmorton

coachbronk":1ehkxhej said:

Texman301":1ehkxhej said:

Have them talk to Bronte....

Back