Possible Realignment

If a lot of those teams were moved up to 11am how many would all of a sudden have a few more students in high school? You can act like that’s the number all these schools can get but every 2 years, some of these schools tighten up on the transfers.
It’s really simple, divide it by gas stations
zero to one gas stations would be D2
two gas stations and a restaurant- D1
2 gas stations more than 1 restaurant and or A Dollar store-11man
I am just going off the numbers provided by the schools. The gas station idea is a new one. If you could break down the towns into divisions with these factors that would be cool to see.

Like some of you probably were, I was dubious about the split into two divisions when it happened. Heck, I was a little hesitant when they allowed the district runner-ups into the playoffs back in the day. However, I (we) all got used to it and many of us would not want to go back. If the UIL, in it's infinite wisdom, were to decide to make three divisions we would all get used to it (eventually) but, at this juncture, I just don't see it happening or how it would work for that matter.

Like some of you probably were, I was dubious about the split into two divisions when it happened. Heck, I was a little hesitant when they allowed the district runner-ups into the playoffs back in the day. However, I (we) all got used to it and many of us would not want to go back. If the UIL, in it's infinite wisdom, were to decide to make three divisions we would all get used to it (eventually) but, at this juncture, I just don't see it happening or how it would work for that matter.
Good Lord willing the U.I.L. doesn't make 3 divisions.

Scheduling would be way more difficult and also more watered down districts/playoffs. Hard no on 3 divisions in 6man football

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but I always liked larger districts (6 teams). Here's why. A 4-team district means you have to find 7 non-district contests and hope that you remain healthy for 3 district games at the end of the season that determine if you're in the playoffs (you can go 0-7 in those non-district games, go 3-0 in district and you're the #1 seed from your division. I always wanted more games that "meant something" (playoffs) that scrambling more than I had to for non-district games. It always seemed that Famous Cooking School and Susie's Dance Academy always filled up their non-district schedule pretty fast, especially when I was looking for a homecoming opponents. :D

It would be better for scheduling for 6 and 7 team districts .... only 4 or 5 non-district games and 5 or 6 games that mean something (playoffs).

It would mean fewer districts (maybe 10 or 12) and pulling a third place team from each district into the playoffs and maybe even a couple of wildcards (if you go 10 districts, you may have to pull the best 4th place team from each region as a wildcard or have a bye in each region).

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but I always liked larger districts (6 teams). Here's why. A 4-team district means you have to find 7 non-district contests and hope that you remain healthy for 3 district games at the end of the season that determine if you're in the playoffs (you can go 0-7 in those non-district games, go 3-0 in district and you're the #1 seed from your division. I always wanted more games that "meant something" (playoffs) that scrambling more than I had to for non-district games. It always seemed that Famous Cooking School and Susie's Dance Academy always filled up their non-district schedule pretty fast, especially when I was looking for a homecoming opponents. :D

It would be better for scheduling for 6 and 7 team districts .... only 4 or 5 non-district games and 5 or 6 games that mean something (playoffs).

It would mean fewer districts (maybe 10 or 12) and pulling a third place team from each district into the playoffs and maybe even a couple of wildcards (if you go 10 districts, you may have to pull the best 4th place team from each region as a wildcard or have a bye in each region).
I think @Roach said it the best. Keep it D1/D2 but have 8-9 team districts if possible. Everyone has to play each other and the top 2 of D1/D2 go to their divisional playoffs. So yes, that means taking 4 total but spitting it 2 each.

Back