UIL Reclassification and Realignment Information

Rochelle is the real winner here. Being a top 10 team and missing the playoffs has to really wear on you.
Rochelle was the third best team in their district and still ranked in the top 10? I guess their best win was over Medina (9-2) since most if not all the other wins were against teams with losing records. Crowell was a much better team at 8-3, played a much tougher schedule and was ranked 14th in the final poll. Go figure.

Does anyone know anything about Pawnee? Are they just starting a football program?
I believe Pawnee began a high school a couple years back; previously, the district (between Karnes City and Three Rivers) was a PK-8 district and sent kids to Beeville for high school. I know they had a junior high six-man program a few years back. They should be able to reduce that district travel with non-district games against private school teams from the San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Victoria area. While the Eagle Ford oil play isn't where it was 10 years ago, I'm thinking that district probably has a pretty decent tax base from oil revenue.

Would be nice if Tilden McMullen would go for six-man. They have great facilities that could easily be repurposed from track to six-man.

This is interesting. They only serve up to 10 grade apparently. Are there any other six man schools like this?
paw.png

I still can't believe that Walnut Springs is in D1. We are so much smaller in numbers compared to the other schools.

Tell me you haven’t been paying attention without telling me you haven’t been paying attention. Iredell, Bynum, and Gold-Burg will challenge. Hell Throck will compete in district with them. Bluff Dale, Kopperl, and Oakwood are sleepers too.
Strawn's the real winner; basically Region 3's automatic Champ and they get to watch the Region 4 bloodbath between Richland, Rochelle, Oglesby, and Cherokee fight it out.

Might have been better for Pawnee to ask to be in D1 for travel reasons...dont know if UIL would have done it but...

Yes other schools have been starting up their HSs and just had a few classes...Olfen has been like that...back in 1996 Veribest was like that...Im sure there have been others recently but Im not 100% sure on it (Three Way maybe started out like that?)

Tell me you haven’t been paying attention without telling me you haven’t been paying attention. Iredell, Bynum, and Gold-Burg will challenge. Hell Throck will compete in district with them. Bluff Dale, Kopperl, and Oakwood are sleepers too.
I can’t tell if you’re serious or making a joke. Your “sleepers”, Surely you’re trying to be funny?

Kopperl bring everyone back from a 7-4 team, Dale returns everyone and had Iredell beat last year in late October before an injury last in that game that ruined the rest of their season, Oakwood is back to back district champs with runs in the playoffs. Strawn isn’t what you think it is. I watched the current and upcoming group in JH and they lost to these teams a lot. Will they get better undeniably so but it will no cakewalk for them. Region 3 at this moment is undeniably Iredells to lose.

I, for one, am very excited about this new alignment! The good folks of Pawnee have undoubtedly heard of TheWesp! I will be in contact shortly!

Sorry for the absent presence lately, I’ve interviewing for jobs all over the state these past few weeks. Fingers crossed on this high profile premier job that I feel very confident about! I can’t really say the name here, but let’s just say it starts with saint j-! You can fill in the blanks!

I’ve had several coaches reaching out since alignment came out! Coach Lee is apparently very worried about the new region that they’re in! As they should be! Kopperl is a true sleeper now in that region, and Strawn will really struggle with the speed of Woodson!

Coach Reid has tried calling from a private number a few times, but I know it’s you coach Reid! I’m not helping you cheating tinyhorns! Gordon will really struggle being in a tough region with Prairie Lea and even district with Ranger! That team graduated almost every starter last year, so it’s time to see if Coach Reid can really coach up these guys!

I figured I’d give my d1 region picks early this season, so we can come back to this post and prove just how knowledgeable I am!

Region 1: give me Garden City. Coach Jones and I have been in close contact this summer, and let’s just say he’s got a few new tips that will put those Kats over the top!

Region 2: will go to Water Valley. Coach Matlock was bench pressing extra weight to get ready for them when he found out they were coming back to six man land!

Region 3: will be Abbot by a landslide! Coach Terry C might retire, but coach Bagdon and Union Hills graduated any good player they had! Abbott by 70. AGAIN!

Region 4: I’ll take May! TigerFan69 and I will celebrate on the field together when the tinyhorns of Gordan can’t get it done this year!

Should be a fun year!

I, for one, am very excited about this new alignment! The good folks of Pawnee have undoubtedly heard of TheWesp! I will be in contact shortly!

Sorry for the absent presence lately, I’ve interviewing for jobs all over the state these past few weeks. Fingers crossed on this high profile premier job that I feel very confident about! I can’t really say the name here, but let’s just say it starts with saint j-! You can fill in the blanks!

I’ve had several coaches reaching out since alignment came out! Coach Lee is apparently very worried about the new region that they’re in! As they should be! Kopperl is a true sleeper now in that region, and Strawn will really struggle with the speed of Woodson!

Coach Reid has tried calling from a private number a few times, but I know it’s you coach Reid! I’m not helping you cheating tinyhorns! Gordon will really struggle being in a tough region with Prairie Lea and even district with Ranger! That team graduated almost every starter last year, so it’s time to see if Coach Reid can really coach up these guys!

I figured I’d give my d1 region picks early this season, so we can come back to this post and prove just how knowledgeable I am!

Region 1: give me Garden City. Coach Jones and I have been in close contact this summer, and let’s just say he’s got a few new tips that will put those Kats over the top!

Region 2: will go to Water Valley. Coach Matlock was bench pressing extra weight to get ready for them when he found out they were coming back to six man land!

Region 3: will be Abbot by a landslide! Coach Terry C might retire, but coach Bagdon and Union Hills graduated any good player they had! Abbott by 70. AGAIN!

Region 4: I’ll take May! TigerFan69 and I will celebrate on the field together when the tinyhorns of Gordan can’t get it done this year!

Should be a fun year!
Whatever it is that you are smoking is laced with a lot of horse Shyyyy Stuff.

This is interesting. They only serve up to 10 grade apparently. Are there any other six man schools like this?
View attachment 5458
My guess (and it's only that) is that the current 11th and 12th grade students from that district are "grandfathered" and are still attending high school in Beeville. They'll probably be 9-11 next year and 9-12 in 2025-2026.

My guess (and it's only that) is that the current 11th and 12th grade students from that district are "grandfathered" and are still attending high school in Beeville. They'll probably be 9-11 next year and 9-12 in 2025-2026.
Makes sense. Growing with the people already in the school.

Did Matagorda decide not to opt in?
Good question. I hadn't even noticed that they weren't listed in a district. I'm about to put an email in to their AD and will get back with any info I find out, assuming I get a reply and nobody else replies before.

Looking at the realignment listing again, they're listed as "None" under football type so either they won't be fielding a team or they'll be playing as an independent.

Two programs in particular I think we should all welcome to sixman UIL are Boys Ranch and Ranger. A move up to where they may well be more competitive.
I've been to BR once. A unique and class operation, athletic between football, BB, Rodeo. An oasis in the desert so to speak. Possibly competitive from the start.
Ranger, an outlaw state champion two years ago that has stuck with it. In the same district as Gordon they may have a learning curve the next couple of years.

Back