UIL Reclassification and Realignment Information

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
MEDIA ADVISORY

AUSTIN— The biennial University Interscholastic League reclassification and realignment for the 2024-25 and 2025-26 school years will be released Thursday, Feb. 1 at 9:00 a.m. CST. The new alignments, established by enrollment figures submitted to the UIL by its member schools in October, will serve as the football districts for the next two school years.

The UIL has posted the 2024-2026 reclassification and realignment policies and procedures on the UIL website at http://www.uiltexas.org/alignments.

Media outlets interested in an interview regarding reclassification and realignment should email the UIL Media Office at [email protected] to schedule an interview.

Reclassification and realignment districts and information will be released through an electronic press release at 9:00 a.m. Thursday to media on the UIL press release recipient list. The information will also be posted online across UIL X (formerly Twitter), Instagram and Facebook social media channels (handle @uiltexas), and via the UIL website at that time.

The UIL released the conference cutoff numbers prior to releasing the full realignment. These numbers provide the range of enrollment for each of the six conferences, including the divisional cutoffs for football. The conference cutoff numbers are as follows:

6A 2275 and above
5A 1315 – 2274
4A 545 – 1314
3A 254 – 544
2A 105 – 253
1A 104.9 and below

1A – 5A Football Division I and Division II Numbers

1A Division I 61.5 – 104.9
1A Division II 61.4 and below
2A Division I 181.5 – 253
2A Division II 105 – 181.4
3A Division I 369 – 544
3A Division II 254 – 368
4A Division I 957 – 1314
4A Division II 545 – 956
5A Division 1 1903 – 2274
5A Division 2 1315 – 1902

The reclassification and realignment will also be revealed on Bally Sports Southwest at 9:00 a.m. Thursday on a special episode of the High School Spotlight hosted by Craig Way, Erin Hartigan and Greg Tepper. The show will be dedicated solely to reclassification and realignment issues, both debuting the new district alignments and discussing the realignment process with UIL staff.

All the UIL teams have been placed in their correct districts here on the site so schedules should be correctly updated to show district/non-district. Also, when adding games into your schedule, they should be automatically marked correctly now.

season 4 episode 20 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

All the UIL teams have been placed in their correct districts here on the site so schedules should be correctly updated to show district/non-district. Also, when adding games into your schedule, they should be automatically marked correctly now.
How long before you have a preseason ranking?

I try to have those out by the first week of August.
Aww, that means we miss February, March, April, May, June, and July talking about who is the better team and how the Toy needs to be tweaked for our team to be ranked higher.

Strawn's the real winner; basically Region 3's automatic Champ and they get to watch the Region 4 bloodbath between Richland, Rochelle, Oglesby, and Cherokee fight it out.
Iredell is going to be standing in their way again. It will be 2018s rematch. Yes that game was a mercy rule, but. They were the only team that year to give them any sort of competition. Iredell has a lot of momentum going into the next season.

Am I missing something here?

Those numbers are pretty surprising to see, especially considering (according to Google) Pawnee's entire population hasn't been more than 168 in at least the last 10 years.

Back