Possible Realignment

You are talking about the number 30 in high school not able to compete consistently with the number 80 in high school and you are right. We have two divisions now because of that problem. I am against three divisions. Think of the travel involved with districts within 3 divisions. Will you drop down to 8 districts in each division? If you can manage 10 or 12 districts for each division then you will have byes in the playoffs and I am totally against byes in the playoffs. We are slowly growing the number of schools competing in Sixman,. Lets leave it alone and enjoy the game!

You are talking about the number 30 in high school not able to compete consistently with the number 80 in high school and you are right. We have two divisions now because of that problem. I am against three divisions. Think of the travel involved with districts within 3 divisions. Will you drop down to 8 districts in each division? If you can manage 10 or 12 districts for each division then you will have byes in the playoffs and I am totally against byes in the playoffs. We are slowly growing the number of schools competing in Sixman,. Lets leave it alone and enjoy the game!
Yes. Thats what im saying. Im arguing against the ones that are saying we need to do away with the split. And i dont like the idea of three decisions either.

The biggest reason we have 3 divisions in TAPPS is because we don't have a cutoff. There are schools that are 4A or 5A in TAPPS but play sixman. 4A and up is automatically Division 1. 3A down is either D2 or D3.

So you are saying numbers dont make a difference? Seems like Comanche should match up well against Stephenville using your theory?
Dumb argument and statement. So you want 3 divisions in 6Manfootball? Why? You want 4 teams to go to the playoffs why??
1 division you had battles every round with some exceptions. Playoffs were actually competitive. Look.at RS 1st championship, who.did they meet in.the 2nd round?

Dumb argument and statement. So you want 3 divisions in 6Manfootball? Why? You want 4 teams to go to the playoffs why??
1 division you had battles every round with some exceptions. Playoffs were actually competitive. Look.at RS 1st championship, who.did they meet in.the 2nd round?
How is that a dumb statement? Who’s arguing? Dumb?

I think we could have two divisions with 8 team districts. How wouldn't that work? Top 2 teams with D1 numbers go, and top 2 teams with D2 numbers go to the playoffs. Easier travel, scheduling, and we still have 2 divisions. It's not perfect but better than what we have now imo.

Grandfalls 2013. Lowest enrollment in the state. Won a state championship in football. Yes they had more boys than girls.
If you would actually read my comments, you would see that you are arguing with me for no reason. We are actually agreeing on everything basically, except you would like go back to only one division, and i like it the way it is. I never said anything about wanting three divisions or 4 teams making the playoffs But you bring up the 2013 Grandfalls team, would they have even made the playoffs if we didn’t have a split?

I think we could have two divisions with 8 team districts. How wouldn't that work? Top 2 teams with D1 numbers go, and top 2 teams with D2 numbers go to the playoffs. Easier travel, scheduling, and we still have 2 divisions. It's not perfect but better than what we have now imo.
I like your idea Roach. Similar to the 6A model right now. I think we would get better games throughout the season and playoffs.

If you would actually read my comments, you would see that you are arguing with me for no reason. We are actually agreeing on everything basically, except you would like go back to only one division, and i like it the way it is. I never said anything about wanting three divisions or 4 teams making the playoffs But you bring up the 2013 Grandfalls team, would they have even made the playoffs if we didn’t have a split?
Yes. They would’ve made the playoffs without a split. The only loss that year was week 1 to Water Valley by 12 with four turnovers WV lost by 4 to eventual state champ, Crowell. Grandfalls vs Crowell would’ve been another great game to see that year.

Such a set up would prevent some teams from cherry picking a weak schedule and require them to play competitive teams within a large district. It would create true district champions instead of the watered down system we have now.

Grandfalls 2013. Lowest enrollment in the state. Won a state championship in football. Yes they had more boys than girls.
That's a very one off thing. High school football is all about the players to begin with not about viewership or competition. A school with 30 is very rarely going to compete with those around 100. It's like having 3A schools play 6A. The division split is good and absolutely necessary.

If they were to send all of the schools with an enrollment of 90+ back to 2A Div 2 where they belong, then the 2 division split in Sixman would be just fine. D2 = 1-44, D1 = 45-90.

WHITEFACE88108
LEAKEY97104
PERRIN-WHITT96103
SPRINGLAKE EARTh94101
SAINT JO99100.5
AVALON83100
AQUILLA10198
GARDEN CITY8298
BLUM9296
MAY8296
O'DONNELL9296
UNION HILL9296
BOOKER10694
JONESBORO8794
WATER VALLEY11393
BOYS RANCH10493
BUENA VISTA8493
LOMETA8393
BAIRD8992
MENARD8692
HAPPY9591
WESTBROOK8491
To take away these schools would take away from Six-man Football.

WHITEFACE88108
LEAKEY97104
PERRIN-WHITT96103
SPRINGLAKE EARTh94101
SAINT JO99100.5
AVALON83100
AQUILLA10198
GARDEN CITY8298
BLUM9296
MAY8296
O'DONNELL9296
UNION HILL9296
BOOKER10694
JONESBORO8794
WATER VALLEY11393
BOYS RANCH10493
BUENA VISTA8493
LOMETA8393
BAIRD8992
MENARD8692
HAPPY9591
WESTBROOK8491
To take away these schools would take away from Six-man Football.
If a lot of those teams were moved up to 11am how many would all of a sudden have a few more students in high school? You can act like that’s the number all these schools can get but every 2 years, some of these schools tighten up on the transfers.
It’s really simple, divide it by gas stations
zero to one gas stations would be D2
two gas stations and a restaurant- D1
2 gas stations more than 1 restaurant and or A Dollar store-11man

If a lot of those teams were moved up to 11am how many would all of a sudden have a few more students in high school? You can act like that’s the number all these schools can get but every 2 years, some of these schools tighten up on the transfers.
It’s really simple, divide it by gas stations
zero to one gas stations would be D2
two gas stations and a restaurant- D1
2 gas stations more than 1 restaurant and or A Dollar store-11man
What if you are like May and only have a Dollar General?

Y’all need to stop beating a dead horse, the split divisions are not going away, mess with the district sizes, heck do away with the pre district games and just make it one giant district but stop complaining about the divisions

Back