Possible Realignment

There were 9 schools that turned in six-man numbers but chose to opt up. Munday (104), Hamlin (103.5), Cross Plains (102.5), Hull-Daisetta (101), Shamrock (99.5), D'Hannis (97), Crosbyton (92), Bruni (86), and Rocksprings (65).
Had these schools decided to play six-man, all D-1, the cut line and districts would be a little more interesting. There is some talent at these schools but the belief that six-man is below them is trash.

There were 9 schools that turned in six-man numbers but chose to opt up. Munday (104), Hamlin (103.5), Cross Plains (102.5), Hull-Daisetta (101), Shamrock (99.5), D'Hannis (97), Crosbyton (92), Bruni (86), and Rocksprings (65).
Had these schools decided to play six-man, all D-1, the cut line and districts would be a little more interesting. There is some talent at these schools but the belief that six-man is below them is trash.
I think all these schools would greatly benefit by going 6 man. Most of these would be successful pretty quick I think

I think all these schools would greatly benefit by going 6 man. Most of these would be successful pretty quick I think
As well they should be with those high numbers of kids. All of the schools with enrollments over 90 should be contenders each and every year, or they might need to check into hiring a better coach.

Because they really could be playing crowded field ball.

All of the schools with enrollments over 90 should be contenders each and every year, or they might need to check into hiring a better coach.

Just because they have a lot of students mean they should be contenders? The coaches are responsible for whether, or not, the kids in the school are athletic (or even play sports)? This train of thought doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't agree. Especially in six-man football, one or two really good athletes can make a team with 7 players much better than any team with 20 players, and you can't hold the coach responsible for how athletic the kids in the school are. They can only work with the talent they have. I'll agree that coaching definitely matters, but not to the point that if you're not a contender every year then it's automatically the coaches fault.

Shamrock would be pretty good! They have athletes now, completely different program from 90's and 2000's.

What is the reasoning for opting up for most of these schools? Travel? Unwilling to give up "traditional" 11 man football?

Hamlin would and Munday has athletes in basketball so I think they would do well also
We shouldn't be encouraging Munday to play six man football. They take their football seriously and could dominate sixman football for several years. Goree, a two time state champion in eight man football, consolidated with Munday in 2003 and Munday won state back in 2007 and 2012.

We shouldn't be encouraging Munday to play six man football. They take their football seriously and could dominate sixman football for several years. Goree, a two time state champion in eight man football, consolidated with Munday in 2003 and Munday won state back in 2007 and 2012.
Ha. Think they could eat Gordon?

I'll say this any time someone brings numbers like this up. Six man really needs a division 3. People argue it would cheapen the state championship or it would make travel more difficult, but people argued that before the d1 d2 split. There's a huge difference in schools with 61 vs schools in the 30s. Same vs schools with 62 vs schools with 100.
I agree with that.

Didn’t Munday come down and get eaten alive for a season or two?
I checked the Lone Star Football Network and it appears that Munday has had a lot of problems competing in eleven man the last six to eight years and would benefit from moving up to six man. Those glory days are in the rear-view mirror for now. I don't recall Munday competing in six man, yet.

I checked the Lone Star Football Network and it appears that Munday has had a lot of problems competing in eleven man the last six to eight years and would benefit from moving up to six man. Those glory days are in the rear-view mirror for now. I don't recall Munday competing in six man, yet.
He might be thinking about Ranger

🙄 Yeah okay... Well 2 divisions is absolutely necessary. The most players I've ever had was 17. That was every boy in HS playing. The lowest I've ever had was 6. We've never turned in more than 36 kids. Some schools have over 40 boys playing football. How can I or anyone at my level compete with that?

As I said previously I know 3 divisions sounds like it would water down state championships, but I personally believe 6 man is unique in this situation just because numbers are so crucial.

Just a thought I had. I know TAPPS coaches have had a lot of positive things to say about their 3 divisions.

Good dialogue is fun.
Talking about a third division (sixman light division) of six-man football leads to the obvious problem of a few or more winning teams possibly not having enough players to finish their season and advance to whatever playoff that would exist. Then chaos.

Talking about a third division (sixman light division) of six-man football leads to the obvious problem of a few or more winning teams possibly not having enough players to finish their season and advance to whatever playoff that would exist. Then chaos
Well my argument here is 11 man divisions take 4. Would this really be any different?

Back