Possible realignment movement

Gainesville state school is state funded, their counts do not go towards Gainesville Isd. They have their own 6 man team Lone Star North they play tapps. They have their own teachers and admin. If water valley takes money for these kids it because they are technically enrolled there.
Agreed. If that's the case and I bet it is, greed has impacted there community. I don't know and hate speculating, just sad to see the classification movement. At the end of day kids are getting a good education at Water Valley. Its a quality school and always has been.

Agreed. If that's the case and I bet it is, greed has impacted there community. I don't know and hate speculating, just sad to see the classification movement. At the end of day kids are getting a good education at Water Valley. Its a quality school and always has been.
Doesn't SC and Eden have state schools too? Like Cherokee?

Doesn't SC and Eden have state schools too? Like Cherokee?
SC not that I know of but maybe. Eden has an adult detention center but not even relevant to this topic. I probably shouldn't have used the word criminals. The kids being housed at the San Angelo State School facility are special needs, abandoned, hardships, etc. and under care of the State of Texas. The facility residing in WV district I understand means they are counted in there student enrollment. Things may have changed but years ago WV provided teachers for some curriculum at their site. Not on the WV campus as the kids are not enrolled there. I'm sure WV received funding. But the fact remains those kids have 0 effect on campus student enrollment or numbers participating in UIL programs.

SC not that I know of but maybe. Eden has an adult detention center but not even relevant to this topic. I probably shouldn't have used the word criminals. The kids being housed at the San Angelo State School facility are special needs, abandoned, hardships, etc. and under care of the State of Texas. The facility residing in WV district I understand means they are counted in there student enrollment. Things may have changed but years ago WV provided teachers for some curriculum at their site. Not on the WV campus as the kids are not enrolled there. I'm sure WV received funding. But the fact remains those kids have 0 effect on campus student enrollment or numbers participating in UIL programs.
Cherokee has a private children’s home ministry. The students at the home attend Cherokee ISD. So… yes they count toward the enrollment.
I’m sure Water Valley is getting money from the state school, which is causing the problem. Some schools attach there district to state schools for the money. The Corrections facility in Gatesville is technically apart of Lometa ISD (at least that’s what a SPED teacher at the Gatesville unit told me).

Cherokee has a private children’s home ministry. The students at the home attend Cherokee ISD. So… yes they count toward the enrollment.
I’m sure Water Valley is getting money from the state school, which is causing the problem. Some schools attach there district to state schools for the money. The Corrections facility in Gatesville is technically apart of Lometa ISD (at least that’s what a SPED teacher at the Gatesville unit told me).
10-4. Evidently common. Regardless... Time for crowded field at Water Valley.

Back