Rankings

if it is a question of competition, TAPPS DII is by far the most competitive. They have teams like Vanguard, Live Oak, Coram Deo, Lucas Christian and other teams. The physicality is there. I agree about school size, but it is just something people will have to endure.
I would have to agree. Look like Lucas might be on the prowl this season. Have heard they have some stout players this year with a solid running back and a hard-nosed middle linebacker. Would like to see them line up against Live Oak or Coram Ceo this season in the playoffs.

I would have to agree. Look like Lucas might be on the prowl this season. Have heard they have some stout players this year with a solid running back and a hard-nosed middle linebacker. Would like to see them line up against Live Oak or Coram Ceo this season in the playoffs.
I agree with that. Obviously it is no secret that I attend Lucas Christian. I happen to play on the team so that is why I know how good we are. your comment about the running back and linebacker is spot on. I happen to be the linebacker youre referring to, but we also have other really good players. Overall, our team is really good and we have made a marked improvement since last year (which i believe shows).

I agree with that. Obviously it is no secret that I attend Lucas Christian. I happen to play on the team so that is why I know how good we are. your comment about the running back and linebacker is spot on. I happen to be the linebacker youre referring to, but we also have other really good players. Overall, our team is really good and we have made a marked improvement since last year (which i believe shows).
Well now. I don’t play football anymore but my son played for Live Oak. Freshman year won tcal state championship. Sophomore lost tcal state game. Moved to TAPPS. Junior lost tapps state game. Senior won tapps state championship. All state defense and offense. Very proud of him. Following year they won state championship again. I do follow the team.

Well if Lucas stays on track there’s no doubt they are in the conversation for one of the best teams In TAPPS. Should be in the running for a deep playoff push, especially with the speed at LB and RB they have. Lucas and Covenant should be a good game in the playoffs

Watched the Live Oak vs Oglesby thursday night.Live Oak is very talented on both sides of the ball.Oglesby moved the ball up and down the field on them but penalties took its toll on Oglesby.

Ten years or so ago I sat and visited with a private school's fans at Hico. I was told then that the cutoff number between sixman and 11 man in private schools was 150 in high school. Is it still the same? I tried to broach this subject on this site back then. I was told, back then, that the extra fifty kids in high school was needed to make the playing field competitive between UIL and private. I will say that the private school that I watched that day was really good. It was either later that year or the next that the same team beat Throckmorton.

Ten years or so ago I sat and visited with a private school's fans at Hico. I was told then that the cutoff number between sixman and 11 man in private schools was 150 in high school. Is it still the same? I tried to broach this subject on this site back then. I was told, back then, that the extra fifty kids in high school was needed to make the playing field competitive between UIL and private. I will say that the private school that I watched that day was really good. It was either later that year or the next that the same team beat
Ten years or so ago I sat and visited with a private school's fans at Hico. I was told then that the cutoff number between sixman and 11 man in private schools was 150 in high school. Is it still the same? I tried to broach this subject on this site back then. I was told, back then, that the extra fifty kids in high school was needed to make the playing field competitive between UIL and private. I will say that the private school that I watched that day was really good. It was either later that year or the next that the same team beat Throckmorton.
I believe that TAPPS has no cutoff for that now. Even if you have more than 150 you can still play six man. Prince of peace plays six man and I believe they are either 5a or 6a in the private ranks

Tapps has no cutoff for playing six-man. It is unfortunate, because many schools should not be playing it, however another thing to consider is many private school kids are at there school for academics and academics alone at the smaller level, which is what makes it very difficult to field 11 man teams, but there is a definitely teams that should be 11. The Last time Tapps redistricted they put all the "potential 11 man schools" (somebody will be mad at this) in Division 1. They play in combined districts as Div. 2, but they split for playoffs. You could make the argument that Tapps d2 and d3 schools should be the only ones playing 6 man, but many schools would then lose there football program all together. Also, when looking at enrollment of Privates most Privates are Pre-12th, so only look at there HS enrollment.

Didn't happen to be Dallas The Covenant that beat Throck?

Yes, Dallas the Covenant. I am thinking that when I saw them in Hico, there wasn't a senior on the team and it was the next year that they beat Throckmorton.

I know there’s no whining in Texas six man football. Especially with the rankings. However, you have to be a little curious why Fredericksburg 1-4 with their only win against winless Cedar Park Summit is still ranked above a 5-1 Azle Christian.

I know there’s no whining in Texas six man football. Especially with the rankings. However, you have to be a little curious why Fredericksburg 1-4 with their only win against winless Cedar Park Summit is still ranked above a 5-1 Azle Christian.

You'll always find things that make you go "hmmm" in a ranking system with this many teams. The only thing I notice when comparing those two team's schedules is that Fredericksburg's opponents have been better, on average, than Azle's.

It's also worth pointing out that Fredericksburg's losses have all still been pretty close games. The worst team (according to the rankings) they've lost to was #67, and they only lost by 2 points. No team has beat them by more than 24 points, and that was the #25 team. Azle got beat by the #51 ranked team by 28 points.

You'll always find things that make you go "hmmm" in a ranking system with this many teams. The only thing I notice when comparing those two team's schedules is that Fredericksburg's opponents have been better, on average, than Azle's.

It's also worth pointing out that Fredericksburg's losses have all still been pretty close games. The worst team (according to the rankings) they've lost to was #67, and they only lost by 2 points. No team has beat them by more than 24 points, and that was the #25 team. Azle got beat by the #51 ranked team by 28 points.
Gotcha. Thanks

Back