Rankings

How do you explain Coram Deo, They run a heavy run game. To say that TAPPS only does spread formations and hardly runs tight is ridiculous. I have played six man football for 6 years and I can say without a doubt that they have the physicality and toughness to compete in TAPPS. Mitchell Crow for Lakehill is an excellent example. You can't just say that TAPPS is inconsistent when they are playing games against UIL and are putting up points and keeping up. The only thing distinguishing UIL from TAPPS is that they are bigger schools.

How do you explain Coram Deo, They run a heavy run game. To say that TAPPS only does spread formations and hardly runs tight is ridiculous. I have played six man football for 6 years and I can say without a doubt that they have the physicality and toughness to compete in TAPPS. Mitchell Crow for Lakehill is an excellent example. You can't just say that TAPPS is inconsistent when they are playing games against UIL and are putting up points and keeping up. The only thing distinguishing UIL from TAPPS is that they are bigger schools.
@Game Traveler I am going to need you to chime in on this conversation. Someone is clearly having a difficult time understanding the point that I am trying to make here. If you think that the only difference between UIL and TAPPS is the size of the schools then you must play in TAPPS.

I am not knocking TAPPS. There are some good, quality teams. However, as a whole, TAPPS does not measure up to UIL from top to bottom. Now, that isn't saying that the top teams in TAPPS can't compete with the UIL's best teams, just saying from top to bottom, UIL is the much stronger year in and year out. Schools that are consistently good in UIL (Strawn, Richland, Motley, Borden County, etc) would destroy most, if not all TAPPS teams. I think this is what @everydownback is trying to say. Consistency, the strength of schedule, top to bottom strength is just much better in UIL schools versus TAPPS.

Again, I am not knocking any TAPPS school or team, they do have some very good ones, no doubt about that!

That I agree with. Thanks for providing good feedback. Everydownback, sorry about the miscommunication, i thought you were trying to say that no one in TAPPS is very competitive, but now i see what you mean. my bad

I am not knocking TAPPS. There are some good, quality teams. However, as a whole, TAPPS does not measure up to UIL from top to bottom. Now, that isn't saying that the top teams in TAPPS can't compete with the UIL's best teams, just saying from top to bottom, UIL is the much stronger year in and year out. Schools that are consistently good in UIL (Strawn, Richland, Motley, Borden County, etc) would destroy most, if not all TAPPS teams. I think this is what @everydownback is trying to say. Consistency, the strength of schedule, top to bottom strength is just much better in UIL schools versus TAPPS.

Again, I am not knocking any TAPPS school or team, they do have some very good ones, no doubt about that!
Thanks @CoachMiller this is what I was trying to get at. Glad we could get this cleared up

That is because the state rankings are based on an algorithm. You can be a TAPPS team that is 5-0 but played nobody and you will be decent in the rankings. Compare that to a UIL school that is 2-3 but played a quality schedule and most people would take the UIL team to win in a heartbeat. Sure Bracken beat a down Rankin team, but Brackin probably played the game of their life. Sure covenant put 112 on Richland but still lost. TAPPS teams will not consistently have the toughness and physicality to compete with UIL because they will not be physical enough to run tight formations, instead, they run spread and try to sling the ball around which works in TAPPS, but very rarely do you see that success in UIL.
Ya here we go again. Bracken beat a “down Rankin team” why were they a down rankin team? Injuries? Last time I looked NFL, college, high school, all have injuries. Still have to play the game. Your best player gets hurt, still have to play the game. If you lose the game, it’s a loss. Not a loss with an asterisk. Just a loss.
Tapps teams will “not consistently have the toughness and physicality to compete with UIL”. Seriously? Where do you get this? Isn’t 6 man football six man football? You go to a UIL school and automatically you are faster, bigger, stronger, a better football player?

I have been a sixman football fan and spectator for over 20 years. In those twenty years I have seen maybe 10-20 TAPPS (Totally Awesome Pom Pom Squad) upset of top Public Schools. They consistently beat the private schools. I have relatives that go to private schools and play football. I can personally say that they are built different than public school kids. Honestly I do not care who beats who or who doesn't. Walter and I like to see good football games and we shy away from private vs. public because it is usually a blow out for the private schools. Take it how you want it and dont get your panties in a wad over this. Y'all stay prickly and go PUBLIC SCHOOLS!

Bear.

I have been a sixman football fan and spectator for over 20 years. In those twenty years I have seen maybe 10-20 TAPPS (Totally Awesome Pom Pom Squad) upset of top Public Schools. They consistently beat the private schools. I have relatives that go to private schools and play football. I can personally say that they are built different than public school kids. Honestly I do not care who beats who or who doesn't. Walter and I like to see good football games and we shy away from private vs. public because it is usually a blow out for the private schools. Take it how you want it and dont get your panties in a wad over this. Y'all stay prickly and go PUBLIC SCHOOLS!

Bear.
“Consistently beat the private schools” “it is usually a blowout for the private schools”
Excellent example of that bracken and rankin. Bracken a private school ranked idn 30 40 50 somewhere in there and Rankin ranked 4 I believe. There’s a blowout waiting to happen.
You are talking 20 years ago to present. I’m talking present to future. Not saying private schools are going to dominate. I am saying they will be competitive.
“They are built different than public school kids” what ever that means. What is it something in the water in public schools. I don’t think so.

PANTIE WAD ALERT!!!!!!

Eddie the Eagle is clearly upset about these posts. I didnt try and sugar coat anything and meant exactly what I said there Private School Fan. I will state it again. Private School Football Players and Public School Players are BUILT completely different. Private schools may have two to three descent players and One or Two Good Players. Public School Kids usually grow up in a system and have Multiple Good Players. WHO CARES about Rankin getting beat by Bracken. Bracken has been a good to descent team for a long time. Rankin usually chokes anyway....dont get butt hurt people I tell it like it is and how I see it. I also said nothing about the future. I have seen lots of 6-man ball over 20 years and continue to watch 6 man when I aint bigfoot researching. I remember a couple of big Private school upsets.....Throckmorton losing to Dallas Covenant awhile back, Plano Prestonwood Beating loaded Gilmer in crowded field, then the next year Gilmer beat them like a drum. Private schools cant stay consistent. Yes Waco Live Oak beat Blum, well Blum also lost some really good players and in my opinion are going through a rebuilding process. Every team goes through those rebuilding phases. Again...for all the macho bloggers in the back......Public Schools will consistently beat Private schools. Nothing wrong with it, it makes them better in the long run playing better competition.

Stay Prickly everyone.....especially you Eddie the Eagle.

Bear

PANTIE WAD ALERT!!!!!!

Eddie the Eagle is clearly upset about these posts. I didnt try and sugar coat anything and meant exactly what I said there Private School Fan. I will state it again. Private School Football Players and Public School Players are BUILT completely different. Private schools may have two to three descent players and One or Two Good Players. Public School Kids usually grow up in a system and have Multiple Good Players. WHO CARES about Rankin getting beat by Bracken. Bracken has been a good to descent team for a long time. Rankin usually chokes anyway....dont get butt hurt people I tell it like it is and how I see it. I also said nothing about the future. I have seen lots of 6-man ball over 20 years and continue to watch 6 man when I aint bigfoot researching. I remember a couple of big Private school upsets.....Throckmorton losing to Dallas Covenant awhile back, Plano Prestonwood Beating loaded Gilmer in crowded field, then the next year Gilmer beat them like a drum. Private schools cant stay consistent. Yes Waco Live Oak beat Blum, well Blum also lost some really good players and in my opinion are going through a rebuilding process. Every team goes through those rebuilding phases. Again...for all the macho bloggers in the back......Public Schools will consistently beat Private schools. Nothing wrong with it, it makes them better in the long run playing better competition.

Stay Prickly everyone.....especially you Eddie the Eagle.

Bear
Wow Prickley Bare, When you come out of hibernation you don't take any prisoners!! You might want to offer some of that Boudreaux Butt Paste to some of those sixman fans you just toasted. What you mentioned about the UIL vs private has been true but I see the worm starting to turn some. The number of private schools seems to be continually growing and their enrollment numbers are not dependent on the number of dead cattle or big deer in someone's pasture. Granted the oil patch supplies lots of jobs in West Texas a lot of the rural schools are having issues fielding competitive teams. I see private schools that are fielding teams with more kids that really want to play vs UIL kids playing because if they don't their school will not be able to have a team. Note the situation at Dell City this year. Seven players and two of them are girls. If most kids are created equal and they are, the law of averages will show the private schools continually improving and will eventually win more than their share of the UIL/private contests. I never thought there would be such an explosion in number of six man playing schools but it definitely is a good thing. If you like this editorial please support it by sending a donation to the Impoverished Trophy Hunter Association in care of Mary's Cafe. Stay Pickley everyone.

Wow Prickley Bare, When you come out of hibernation you don't take any prisoners!! You might want to offer some of that Boudreaux Butt Paste to some of those sixman fans you just toasted. What you mentioned about the UIL vs private has been true but I see the worm starting to turn some. The number of private schools seems to be continually growing and their enrollment numbers are not dependent on the number of dead cattle or big deer in someone's pasture. Granted the oil patch supplies lots of jobs in West Texas a lot of the rural schools are having issues fielding competitive teams. I see private schools that are fielding teams with more kids that really want to play vs UIL kids playing because if they don't their school will not be able to have a team. Note the situation at Dell City this year. Seven players and two of them are girls. If most kids are created equal and they are, the law of averages will show the private schools continually improving and will eventually win more than their share of the UIL/private contests. I never thought there would be such an explosion in number of six man playing schools but it definitely is a good thing. If you like this editorial please support it by sending a donation to the Impoverished Trophy Hunter Association in care of Mary's Cafe. Stay Pickley everyone.
Thank you Texlonghorn75. That’s exactly what I was saying. Private schools are going to get more competitive.
I think some of these folks need to get over the private school factor which is if a kid goes to a private school they are probably spoiled rich kids that don’t deserve to play football in the first place. I don’t know, my son went to Live Oak. I’m retired army now work for VA. My son is finishing up 4 years in the Marines. College is now paid for. Nope, no rich kids here.

I do think it is worthy to note that you mentioned that you believe the worm is starting to turn, but when do we start talking about the number of kids some of these private schools have and they are playing sixman. For instance, I believe Coram Deo academy has over 500 students in the school. Granted that is not only high school, but I would guarantee there are over 105 in high school which would be the 2a mark for UIL and a requirement of playing crowded field. I know Veritas has similair numbers as well. Now I am not complaining by any means, but it does beg the question, is it fair to compare private vs public if the private school has a high school that is well over the UIL 2a mark when UIL schools are required to play 11man if they are marked as a 2a school? I think it is fair to say that numbers do matter at this point. Just a thought here. Curious to hear others thoughts

I do think it is worthy to note that you mentioned that you believe the worm is starting to turn, but when do we start talking about the number of kids some of these private schools have and they are playing sixman. For instance, I believe Coram Deo academy has over 500 students in the school. Granted that is not only high school, but I would guarantee there are over 105 in high school which would be the 2a mark for UIL and a requirement of playing crowded field. I know Veritas has similair numbers as well. Now I am not complaining by any means, but it does beg the question, is it fair to compare private vs public if the private school has a high school that is well over the UIL 2a mark when UIL schools are required to play 11man if they are marked as a 2a school? I think it is fair to say that numbers do matter at this point. Just a thought here. Curious to hear others thoughts
Yes sir I would have to agree with that. My nephew played QB for Follett from 7 to 3 years ago (number 3) pretty good player. They have about 150 in the entire school. Less than a lot of private schools. Not sure how they continue to have the good teams they do. My oldest son played on an 11 man team in DC area at a private school. They only had 13 on team. But I agree privates should follow public rules as far as size.

I agree with what you posted but over time we have to get past the question is everything even or equal and just tee up the ball. Yes the privates don't play by the same rules and regulations. This gives the privates a competitive advantage no doubt. In fact this advantage could make their teams dominant. They can recruit if it suits their fancy and no one can protest about that either. To be honest we know some UIL schools sweeten the pot for families that might have kids that can play. So in reality there has always been some team or community trying to up the ante. Life isn't always fair and neither is athletics but we play the game anyhow. Since there are separate playoffs for the UIL and privates it is just a bragging rights issue. Looking ahead I wonder if there are going to be more private schools playing six man? Challenge of some of the private schools that some of them close down on a moment's notice never to be heard of or seen again. Challenge for the UIL schools will the Paint Creek's, Guthrie's and Benjamin's of six man world be able to consistently field a team. I hope they do.

Yes sir I would have to agree with that. My nephew played QB for Follett from 7 to 3 years ago (number 3) pretty good player. They have about 150 in the entire school. Less than a lot of private schools. Not sure how they continue to have the good teams they do. My oldest son played on an 11 man team in DC area at a private school. They only had 13 on team. But I agree privates should follow public rules as far as size.

if it is a question of competition, TAPPS DII is by far the most competitive. They have teams like Vanguard, Live Oak, Coram Deo, Lucas Christian and other teams. The physicality is there. I agree about school size, but it is just something people will have to endure.

in my opinion, six man is a fun sport. Whether youre playing it or not. The amount of competition is insane. One messed up play on defense and its a TD for 50 yards. Offensively, if you mess up a block, then could be a TFL. It is a game of risk and opportunity. that is what makes it a lot of fun. I respect all the schools that compete in 6 man because, to put it frankly, it is not easy to play.

if it is a question of competition, TAPPS DII is by far the most competitive. They have teams like Vanguard, Live Oak, Coram Deo, Lucas Christian and other teams. The physicality is there. I agree about school size, but it is just something people will have to endure.
Vanguard is D1, Live Oak is the best team in D2, and Lucas is going to have to prove themselves before they get put in that conversation. Not hating, but those other programs have beat quality teams and Lucas has not.

I've always enjoyed the cries of foul from fans when a Private School beats a Public School. It is always, "they recruit" or "they have more kids" or "they don't have No Pass No Play" or "they have no rules"...just to name a few.

On the flip side, I've always enjoyed the sense of cockiness from fans when a Private School beats a Public School, like they've captured the Holy Grail.

Private vs. Public will always be an ongoing debate for the remainder of eternity that will keep message boards and water coolers relevant.

For me, if I'm at a Private School, I want nothing more than to beat a Public School. If I'm at a Public School, I want nothing more than to NOT play a Private School.

Back