Preseason predictions

Coaches love Freddy..... Lol!
I mean #2?? Cmon
Looks like the only thing pigskin and coaches agreed on was alpha omega.
I actually think they go higher than 8. Seems like everyone's counting out the south just like last year in Division 1. Fbca came out of nowhere as did Baytown. Covenant made playoffs for the first year and have a lot of returning players. All the talk was Rockwall, harvest , and midland and all 3 eventually got man handled last year.

It seems to me the D2/3 coaches are voting on teams they know. Alpha and Baytown are the big boys dropping down and probably arent known by the remaining coaches. I adopted that district last (due to it being the only 6man district in Htown) and them boys play some serious smash mouth ball. Every team ran power offenses and snot-bubble giving defense.
I was especially shocked to see Baytown at the ranking they have. The second smallest a school at D1 making the state semi-finals with only one true loss....wow.

But I'm not in the film room with the coaches so they know more than me.

Good luck to all the teams. I'll still travel to some of the games to watch D1 and D2.

2016 DIV II Rankings Sixmanfootball.com

Rank School '15 Record
1 Baytown Christian 8-3
2 San Marcos Hill Country Christian 12-1
3 WF Wichita Christian 7-5
4 Cedar Park Summit 10-3
5 WF Notre Dame 9-3
6 Waco Live Oak 10-3
7 Granbury North Central Texas Academy 9-2
8 Seguin Lifegate 9-4
9 Weatherford Christian 9-3
10 Longview Trinity

Thoughts?

Interesting 6man picked Baytown. I think they have a legit shot. From what I saw on maxpreps SMHC has a big squad. It would be interesting to see a power run team play a power run team in the state finals.

Power run teams at State. Hmmm, let's see......

2007- Glenview & Freddy
2008- Freddy
2009- None really, although Brenham could've been
2010- Tyler Street, see Brenham above
2011- Freddy, Happy Hill wanted to be
2012- Freddy
2013- Castle Hills & Freddy
2014- Freddy, Longview thought they were
2015- Both San Marcos & WFND at times

You need to go back and look at some old film. That 2007 game was one for the ages. It was like two heavy weight boxers getting after each other.

But back to the posted topic.....

Baytown- New coach? Numbers down? Might be playing in late November. Down mover.
San Marcos- Solid team. Gonna pound you (maybe late or behind the play). Will they repeat? Maybe. Stay even.
Wichita Christian- Apparently two shifty running/spread backs. Do they play defense? Down mover.
Cedar Park- Lost a bunch to graduation. Can they replace? Down mover.
WFND- Lost their two main offensive weapons. Don't think they can replace. Xs and Os iffy. Down mover.
Live Oak- WAY under-ranked. Reload. Bryce Helton. Division II State Champs 2016. Up mover (to the top).
Granbury- Unless they get another move in I don't see them playing in late November. Stay even.
Seguin- Under-ranked in this poll. Gonna get after people, IF they choose to. Could make it all the way. UP mover.
Weatherford- Who? Don't know a single thing on this team. Time will tell. Down mover.
Longview Trinity- Just OK. Will make playoffs. Stay even.
Alpha/Omega- Some talk on the board about them. Have been good. Up mover.
Freddy- Tough schedule. Should be ready come playoffs. Up mover.
Tyler Street- Apparently have a stud spreadback. Make playoffs. Up mover.
Bulverde- Good coach. Dunno much after that. Make playoffs. Up mover.

I think those are the main players except for Spring Branch Living Rock. Good coach, up and coming area of SA, an excellent area for attracting good players. Look for them to be in the mix. I'm looking forward to this season. Glad TAPPS went back to two divisions, no wait, three again!!!!! Head scratching..... Glad to see a few new teams and new districts. Can't wait to get started.

pup":1lepmg7l said:
Power run teams at State. Hmmm, let's see......

2007- Glenview & Freddy
2008- Freddy
2009- None really, although Brenham could've been
2010- Tyler Street, see Brenham above
2011- Freddy, Happy Hill wanted to be
2012- Freddy
2013- Castle Hills & Freddy
2014- Freddy, Longview thought they were
2015- Both San Marcos & WFND at times

You need to go back and look at some old film. That 2007 game was one for the ages. It was like two heavy weight boxers getting after each other.

Just recently got into 6man. And I followed division 1. Haven't seen any division 2 the past few years.

You have links I can watch?

Pup,

I think your intell on ND is a little off. The Knights graduated a talented QB/spreadback, but return their all-state RB/WR/DB Skyler Whitten. He accounted for 37 TDs last year and averaged 13 yards a carry. That's along with 4 other starters on both sides of the ball who are back this year.

I'm not saying the Knights are favored in this tougher division, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. Too many posters on these message boards did that last year with not a lot of success to show for it.

pup":37kwwvra said:
But back to the posted topic.....

Baytown- New coach? Numbers down? Might be playing in late November. Down mover.
San Marcos- Solid team. Gonna pound you (maybe late or behind the play). Will they repeat? Maybe. Stay even.
Wichita Christian- Apparently two shifty running/spread backs. Do they play defense? Down mover.
Cedar Park- Lost a bunch to graduation. Can they replace? Down mover.
WFND- Lost their two main offensive weapons. Don't think they can replace. Xs and Os iffy. Down mover.
Live Oak- WAY under-ranked. Reload. Bryce Helton. Division II State Champs 2016. Up mover (to the top).
Granbury- Unless they get another move in I don't see them playing in late November. Stay even.
Seguin- Under-ranked in this poll. Gonna get after people, IF they choose to. Could make it all the way. UP mover.
Weatherford- Who? Don't know a single thing on this team. Time will tell. Down mover.
Longview Trinity- Just OK. Will make playoffs. Stay even.
Alpha/Omega- Some talk on the board about them. Have been good. Up mover.
Freddy- Tough schedule. Should be ready come playoffs. Up mover.
Tyler Street- Apparently have a stud spreadback. Make playoffs. Up mover.
Bulverde- Good coach. Dunno much after that. Make playoffs. Up mover.

I think those are the main players except for Spring Branch Living Rock. Good coach, up and coming area of SA, an excellent area for attracting good players. Look for them to be in the mix. I'm looking forward to this season. Glad TAPPS went back to two divisions, no wait, three again!!!!! Head scratching..... Glad to see a few new teams and new districts. Can't wait to get started.

I agree with most of what you got there boss...
I agree on wfnd I think they are on the down mover list as well. To echo what ndknight said they do have a solid rb returning but they are going to need a whole lot more than 1 stud to go deep and compete this year.

Live oak will definently be on the move up. Great program but not sure that will get them "to the top"

Seguin little move up but not as thrilled as u are about making it all the way.

Baytown I believe will stay on top. I hear their numbers were in jeopardy going into the summer. From what I have heard they will be 12-14 and several returners. May surprise the old division 3 teams because they are not familiar with them. Would not count out a state semifinalist.

SMHC I think will be your repeat state champ. This team is super physical and the kids know the system extremely well. Great coaching staff. We will see what they have this week against high island. Should be a fair game.

Alpha Omega will finish near the top they beat Chester 46 to 0 tonight. Play very similar to San Marcos but with speed. They won't be much of a surprise in a couple of weeks.

This week will Alpha will shock the rankings of six man, they are underdogs to Emery by 43 points their defense has not been scored on this season. Physical Defense vs Emery offense I predict Alpha with the upset 44 to 35.

So fellas let's take a look,at predictions after 4 weeks in the books. What have been the surprise teams and what have been the let downs

Back