playoff brackets

Old76er

Six-man fan
Divison 2 bracket on the South side is crazy.

Bulverde
San Marcos
Fredericksburg
Huntsville
Conroe
Lake Jackson
New Braunfels

Man many of these first round match ups will probably be better than the state game!

Divison 3

Kind of soft compared to D2
Granbury
Seguin
and maybe Baytown

This looks to be a lock for Seguin to bring home another state title.

Bulverde, New Braunsfel, San Marcos, and Freddy have kicked the crap out of each other the past few weeks...im saying Brazosport takes it. With a first round bye they have a lighter path.

Whoever plays Conroe and Alpha Omega is in for a fight. The south representative will limp into the State Final.

The south bracket really does look like a killer. Should be some great football.

Live Oak has looked stronger as the season has progressed. They are still missing two important seniors but one may get back on the field soon (the other is out for the year). The QB was out for 2 games earlier but he is back and throwing better than ever. And #2 is healthy and almost impossible to stop. So it's up to the underclassmen to fill the holes (which they seem to be doing - looks like they 45'd everyone in district). I see a repeat of last years title game coming up. Waco Live Oak vs. New Braunfels. If both teams stay healthy that should be a game to see.

ed3004":2qhvj6bt said:
Where will the Temple Holy Trinity and Plainview game be played? Will it be neutral?

Game will be at Blanket ISD Tiger Stadium, 4 p.m. Saturday. Yes, neutral site, but a lot closer to Temple than Plainview!

Any predictions who comes out on top in d2 and d3?

I think we get a rematch in d2 semis with San Marcos and New Braunfels who played a tough game against each other earlier in the year. Winner takes state over live oak. Regardless if live oak had injured players the last few weeks they still got hammered against New Braunfels week 1 with a healthy squad. Coaching alone will make it a much better game if a rematch should occur, however I have San Marcos beating NB in the semis and seeing a much better matchup in the finals.
Pick for d2
San Marcos vs Waco Live Oak.
San Marcos -6

D3

Not sure what much there is to say here. Seguin looks to be the outright favorite here. They should play Baytown in the semis. I have heard Baytown had trouble staying healthy and could not field a full squad most of the season. I wouldn’t take them out of the equation all together and they could make it a game with seguin.
Pick for d3
Seguin vs Granbury NCTA
Seguin -26

I agree I think San Marcos wins it all in Div II but that bracket is solid with great games from beginning to end. Waco is in a good spot because the south is nasty and Waco will be well rested.

Div III is all Seguin I was looking forward to the matchup with Freddy again but Freddy is in DII now, I believe that they will not be tested the entire 3 games. I see them 45ing all three teams.

I think it's ironic that that Seguin blasted San Marcos just a couple weeks ago.

Excited about the Div II games!!!!

Is there anyone n D2 that can give Waco a run? I know Temple played them and had some key injured players that were out. I don't think Longview can give them a run. North bracket in D2 looks alot like the South bracket in D3. Not alot of competition.
In D3 do any of you think that Granbury can hang with Seguin and make it a close game?
Is there any news on Baytown? I heard they have been beat up most of the year and from the scoreboard page it does not look like they have played in several weeks

My thoughts-

DII-
Waco 45s everyone in the top half
vs
NB, Bulverde, San Marcos, Freddy- Could be any of these in the finals. It's going to depend on injuries, discipline and who will play DEFENSE!

DIII-
Granbury
vs
Seguin- Will 45 their way to title #2. A fitting end of Coach Rabon's coaching career.

pup":1vawn9zh said:
My thoughts-

DII-
vs
NB, Bulverde, San Marcos, Freddy- Could be any of these in the finals. It's going to depend on injuries, discipline and who will play DEFENSE!

DIII-
Granbury
vs
Seguin- Will 45 their way to title #2. A fitting end of Coach Rabon's coaching career.

WLO vs Brazosport

Granbury vs Baytown

SicEm74":2cb2is7g said:
pup":2cb2is7g said:
My thoughts-

DII-
vs

DIII-
Granbury
vs

WLO vs Brazosport

Granbury vs Baytown

Man I sure thought San Marcos would have taken care of Freddy without #33.
With that being said I think brazosport gets man handled against Freddy.
Granbury vs baytown???? Baytown has been horrible all year long. They will get crushed by Seguin unless you know something we don’t?

Old76er":2twv2i7g said:
SicEm74":2twv2i7g said:
pup":2twv2i7g said:
My thoughts-

DII-
vs

DIII-
Granbury
vs

WLO vs Brazosport

Granbury vs Baytown

Man I sure thought San Marcos would have taken care of Freddy without #33.
With that being said I think brazosport gets man handled against Freddy.
Granbury vs baytown???? Baytown has been horrible all year long. They will get crushed by Seguin unless you know something we don’t?

Brazosport has an amazing spread back. Seen him play against Baytown and Conroe. #5 is big, strong, fast, and shifty. He has a number 22 that throws Barry Alverez coached Fullback blocks.
I don't have much own Freddy but I trust what I've seen. If I could see more on Freddy then obviously the potential to alter my pick is there. Until then...

Defending State champs until someone beats them. This team doesn't look as crisp as last year and they've dealt with a few injuries but they show up and play and have found themselves in a good situation. Beat Seguin in the semis again and you playing for State.
It may be what they need to play their best game and I'll assume that's what they do. I'll stick by that.

Back