Is Richland Springs for real????

cowboyfan40

11-man fan
Has there EVER been a more dominant High School Football team in a 10 year period? What is the longest Home winning streak in high school football? What is the record for the most consecutive District games won? Is Richland Springs dominance because the Man of Cloth (Goob) supports them???

I have a hard time crowning RS the most dominant HS team in the past ten years. I will give them the best sixman D2 crown since D2 was established. I will even say they are one of the best D1 teams (during the Tyler Ethridge era only). But with little competition in D2 it is hard to say.
No offense to RS players or fans but to crown RS the most dominant HS team (from 1A to 5A) would be an insult to a lot of very good teams.

cowboyfan40":u5eegjpz said:
Has there EVER been a more dominant High School Football team in a 10 year period? What is the longest Home winning streak in high school football? What is the record for the most consecutive District games won? Is Richland Springs dominance because the Man of Cloth (Goob) supports them???
I also hope you meant
dominant 6man team?

I think it is quite possible, assuming they do the expected and win it this year, that makes 5 state titles and only 6 losses in a 10 year period. it would be hard to find a hs team that has sustained that kind of success over a 10 year span in any class or division. So, yeah, I'll give Richland Spring their due and say that they have dominated their class and division over a 10 year period that is far above what most, if not any, team has ever seen.

Horn, your argument would be accurate if RS had stayed in D1. However, they moved down to D2. So I would argue that you can not include the fourth championship season (nor the eventual fifth championship season) since they were done in a lower division.
I would argue that Celina demonstrated a greater dominance by winning at one level then moving UP to a higher division and dominating there as well. That is impressive.
After looking at RS' schedule over the past seasons since their move DOWN, they have played mostly D2 teams and some TAPP teams.
So going back to my original statement, I will crown them the best sixman D2 team ever and give them honorable mention as one of the greatest sixman teams before the split.

Jonesboro really is the number two team in the state in my mind in D2. IF that is so, that says all you need to know about RS this year doesn't it? I have seen some really good football the last three weeks consisting of D1 and D2 and some very good "private" teams. The Richland Springs team tops them all in my opinion.

Don Hardin
Abilene

donhardin":10yd8tk2 said:
Jonesboro really is the number two team in the state in my mind in D2. IF that is so, that says all you need to know about RS this year doesn't it? I have seen some really good football the last three weeks consisting of D1 and D2 and some very good "private" teams. The Richland Springs team tops them all in my opinion.

Don Hardin
Abilene
I agree with Don. I've seen Valley, Ira, Throck, and many others. After watching RS tonight, I think they are the best team in sixman.

Dumb argument....in 2010-11 the best teams in the state other then Garden City were all in D2. This year the power did shift to D1 but 15-0 is 15-0!

I have to disagree with you newbie. Garden City was the best team in DI or DII last year. Richland Springs was the second best followed by Borden Co. and Throck.

Damon, my argument is accurate. I said their class and division. Which they have dominated. I looked up Celina's stats and it would seem that from 98 to 07, they had 7 titles with 7 losses in a 10 year span, including 4 titles in a row, so it would seem that RS is not THE most dominant team over any 10 year period, but that has absolutely nothing to do with them dropping down to div 2. How can you not count a stste championship? That is like saying the 4A state title doesn't count because they are not 5A. Just because they are in a smaller division does not make them less of a champion. Last time I checked, the 6mD2 trophy was the same size as the 5AD1 trophy. RS has 38 kids in high school, 38!!! And they are rated higher than every single D1 school, even those schools that have 98. Its not their fault that they don't get to play them, but I bet they would gladly do so, if given the chance.

EastTXNewbie":9ee0rrbu said:
Dumb argument....in 2010-11 the best teams in the state other then Garden City were all in D2. This year the power did shift to D1 but 15-0 is 15-0!
I would put Borden county up there with garden city, they lost two games last year, both to garden city! By a total of 3 points in both games! No one else played garden city as close.

So the most dominant Texas High schools, sustained over a ten year period. Give me your team that you think is better and i'll rate them too.
Titles is the key, losses is the tie breaker.

1. Celina 1998-2007, 7 titles, 141-7.
2. Richland Springs, 2002-2011, 4 titles, 128-6. (possible 5th title as 2011 is not complete.
3. Southlake Carroll, 2002-2011, 4 titles, 127-11. (also could win state this year for a 5th)
4. Stephenville 1993-2002, 4 titles, 117-22-1
5. Panther Creek 1992-2001, 3 titles, 111-20
6. Gordon, 1994-2003, 2 titles, 112-14-1.

Back