Is Richland Springs for real????

Shoot Cowboy, and I knowd yew wuz jokin, but them fellers win in spite of me. I iz more in the way than good hep. I iz jest lucky to git to done foller a team like thiz.

There were those pesky Ft. Hancock teams of a few years back...

They won five State Championships but they really only had a seven year period of sustained excellence. After that they just kind of faded away.

Dear goob....... just my opinion...... but we will never know will we....RS pretty much has it wraped up this year unless Newcastle or SC gets in their way which I sure hope they do. Im really anxious to see how RS does next year with all the changes though. Settle down goob I could care less about D2 to be honest

ryry":1txr0w23 said:
RS pretty much has it wraped up this year unless Newcastle or SC gets in their way which I sure hope they do. I could care less about D2 to be honest

I"m sure RS appreciates your kind words. The same to Ira.
Too bad RS can't play Ira this year.

until they lose I suppose they are the most dominate in sixman because of their record not always who they play. Lets be honest they have played some WEAK opponnents in the past having their only challenge when they got to the playoffs...........PLEASE SOMEONE LISTEN........they can be beat i think Strawn proved that, You must OUTCOACH Mr. burkhart and control the tempo of the game.............

pojocrusader":2sfqqium said:
...PLEASE SOMEONE LISTEN........they can be beat i think Strawn proved that, You must OUTCOACH Mr. burkhart and control the tempo of the game.............

Is it not obvious that anyone can be beaten?? To quote the famous JO ....Geeeeeeeeez!

You may be right Cowboy, the bad thing is D2 will always be over-shadowed by D1 since the split. I think sixman ball is sixman ball

CowboyP":1t6rw0dk said:
IMO, an Ira - RS matchup would be a great game, but RS would come out on top.

Ira won't make it out of the semi-finals

RS is a very, very good division II team. If they were in the west bracket of D-I, they would already be playing basketball.

This talk of one team would beat another team is all opinion and based on fantasy. The original post was posing the question if RS was the most dominant HS team in a 10 year span from sixman to 5A.
The flaw in this discussion is that it is comparing apples and oranges. It would be like comparing baseball leagues stats that use wood bats versus those that use metal bats. You cannot do it. Another example would be to compare arena football with the NFL. Can't be done.
Horn, your list is well thought out but misses the point. The word DOMINANT was thrown into this discussion at the beginning.
How is it a show of dominance to go from D1 To D2?
How is it a show of dominance to have mostly D2 and TAPP teams on your schedule?
I was not arguing that the state titles were not legitimate. Nor was I arguing that their wins were not legitimate.
I have a problem with people who base their argument on fiction and not real facts. If RS had beaten several D1 teams this year (or last year) the argument could be made.

rainjacktx":1watd3tj said:
CowboyP":1watd3tj said:
IMO, an Ira - RS matchup would be a great game, but RS would come out on top.

Ira won't make it out of the semi-finals

RS is a very, very good division II team. If they were in the west bracket of D-I, they would already be playing basketball.
You also had Ira and BC both losing this week in more than one thread and that didnt go so well. I think your really underestimating both these teams. One of these will get to meet Valley and really show Valley what a game is, something Valley really hasnt had this year. I hope Valley is ready to meet a top contender.... but I dont think Ira is looking at the semi's, they are focusing on BC. Valley should do the same focus on Meadow first becuse things dont always go as you plan them as this week showed you.

iamdamon1":3rlti5xt said:
The word DOMINANT was thrown into this discussion at the beginning.
How is it a show of dominance to go from D1 To D2?

You said it, iamdamon1, I wonder how those cowards from RS got the UIL to move them to Division II?

ryry":2932u414 said:
You also had Ira and BC both losing this week in more than one thread and that didnt go so well. I think your really underestimating both these teams. One of these will get to meet Valley and really show Valley what a game is, something Valley really hasnt had this year. I hope Valley is ready to meet a top contender.... but I dont think Ira is looking at the semi's, they are focusing on BC. Valley should do the same focus on Meadow first becuse things dont always go as you plan them as this week showed you.

A lot of people had Ira losing this week. A lot of people, including Granger had BC losing as well.

I'm not underestimating anyone. I am offering my opinion. But even still, my estimation of any given team is worthless.

I find it hilarious that you start wagging your finger at Valley about focusing on Meadow, when no one even brought them up. Classic Strawman argument.

Damon, going from D1 to D2 isn't a show of dominance. I never implied that it was. Neither is it a show of weakness. It has no factor whatsoever. You used Celina as an example (which was a good one btw) and they went from 2A to 3A and dominated in both. RS went from the only 6man division to D2 and have dominated in both. Are you telling me that the order in which the teams played in the smaller division is the determining factor on whether a team is dominant? Several of Celinas titles were in 2A, should those not count? RS has dominated the division that they are in for 10 years. RS has dominated the division that the UIL put them in for 10 years. I guess I am not seeing your argument of what division they are in has to do with whether or not they have dominated their division.

Back