Is Richland Springs for real????

Horn, I don't think we are disagreeing. I think we are talking parallel to each other.
I dispute the original post that RS is the most dominant HS team over the past 10 years.
It is a claim based not on fact but fantasy. It is no different than Strawn posting in their town that they are National Champs. It is a silly claim that has no facts behind it.
I hereby claim to be the best wrestler over the past 5 years. Just today I took my son down and pinned him in no time flat. So I must be the most dominant wrestler. Do you see the idiocy behind that?

iamdamon1":3t6qul9e said:
Horn, I don't think we are disagreeing. I think we are talking parallel to each other.
I dispute the original post that RS is the most dominant HS team over the past 10 years.
It is a claim based not on fact but fantasy. It is no different than Strawn posting in their town that they are National Champs. It is a silly claim that has no facts behind it.
I hereby claim to be the best wrestler over the past 5 years. Just today I took my son down and pinned him in no time flat. So I must be the most dominant wrestler. Do you see the idiocy behind that?
Depends............... How good a wrestler is your son? How big a boy is he? Mine is 6'3" and 230. I haven't been able to take him for several years...........

Before our involvement with RS, the team we supported was 45ed by the 2002 RS team. We felt nothing but admiration for a great team and followed them to the semi-finals. I don't guess I understand the disrespect of a team that works very hard to be the best that they can be. I have a philosophy of life to remember yesterday, plan for tomorrow, but live for today.

STRAIGHT SHOOTER":2urtz16b said:
Before our involvement with RS, the team we supported was 45ed by the 2002 RS team. We felt nothing but admiration for a great team and followed them to the semi-finals. I don't guess I understand the disrespect of a team that works very hard to be the best that they can be. I have a philosophy of life to remember yesterday, plan for tomorrow, but live for today.

I'm not seeing any disrespect.

There are a lot of us who choose not to worship at the throne of Richland Springs.

They have played the weakest schedule of any top 5 team in either division this year. Stating that fact, or ones similar, is not disrespecting RS.

Damon, I don't disagree with that last post. And to answer the original question. I would have to say no. But top 10? Yes, in my opinion.

As far as strawn claiming national champions. The won the state title, and were ranked #1 in the nation, so its a legit claim. Just as legit as any college team claiming the national champion title. If the wwf had seen you take down ur son and ranked you the best in their magazine, website, or whatever it is that they have, then yeah, you would be the best wrestler.

Here you all go comparing apples to oranges again, comparing a sixman d2 to school, which is the bottom of the barrel classification wise, to 2,3,4, and 5a schools, could rs win state in d1? possibly, could they roll thru the play offs by 45 points two years in a row? Most likely not. Could RS throw five more players on the field and play southlake carrol and compete at any level? Of course not, Infact they would be begging for the 45 point rule mid first quarter, any top notch sixman team would for that matter. This is almost like comparing my sons pee wee football team to the Joe Montana days of the 49ers. Let's try and stick to our owne little sixman world here and avoid sounding like morons.

Donkgrind":37pmj0ai said:
Could RS throw five more players on the field and play southlake carrol and compete at any level? .

Their ability to recruit kids to their school is second to none. What's the difference between recruiting 6 kids or recruiting 11 kids other than a little effort?

Donkgrind":1zm8789q said:
Here you all go comparing apples to oranges again, comparing a sixman d2 to school, which is the bottom of the barrel classification wise, to 2,3,4, and 5a schools, could rs win state in d1? possibly, could they roll thru the play offs by 45 points two years in a row? Most likely not. Could RS throw five more players on the field and play southlake carrol and compete at any level? Of course not, Infact they would be begging for the 45 point rule mid first quarter, any top notch sixman team would for that matter. This is almost like comparing my sons pee wee football team to the Joe Montana days of the 49ers. Let's try and stick to our owne little sixman world here and avoid sounding like morons.
I don't think anyone has compared apples to oranges, I was simply stating that the apples domination over the other apples is almost as impressive as the oranges. Never once said the apple could beat the orange, or the watermelon. What's your problem with apples anyway? Fruitist!

rainjacktx":24oiu0dm said:
Donkgrind":24oiu0dm said:
Could RS throw five more players on the field and play southlake carrol and compete at any level? .

Their ability to recruit kids to their school is second to none. What's the difference between recruiting 6 kids or recruiting 11 kids other than a little effort?
dead-horse_157.gif

daddycohn":b49uz4di said:
Yeah, they probably bribe 'em with Iacocca "K" cars, right?

I'm not privy to the RS enticements. I would submit that they offer them parole more than anything material. But iI could be wrong.

BLUERIBBON":vcmazemf said:
Beating dead horse! lmao pretty good!

Jealous is really an ugly animal!

You're not a very bright guy, are you? I mean, sating the obvious as if you're the only guy in the room who gets it is about the ultimate in lameness.

Obviously RJ is very familiar with the thriving business environment that drives the economy of Richland Springs.
The jig is up, the UIL will be investigating ..........

Donkgrind":1k5y0e4x said:

Could Southlake eliminate 5 players and dominate in Six-man football? Let's try to stick to our own little sixman world here and avoid sounding like morons

smokeyjoe53":2peaagnr said:
Obviously RJ is very familiar with the thriving business environment that drives the economy of Richland Springs.
The jig is up, the UIL will be investigating ..........

I am gloriously ignorant of RS's economy. But I have been to the Abilene Walmart. Anyone with an IQ grater than their age knows what I am inferring.

Back