How bout them Covington Owls

The biggest problem has been and still is a lot of the better talent always makes excuses to get out of practice mainly to attend volleyball games. Unyil these kids make a solid commitment to football we'll stay subpar......so I've started the 40 for 40 with 45lbs......if this don't work then it's going to be dismissal from the athletic program.....
40 for 40 is 40 sprints at 40 yards pulling sleds with 45lb weights

Biggest game of the year this week vs Aquilla, we have 2 starters leave practice early to attend Sr. night for the girls volleyball team.... 2 captains at that.......
So that's been the biggest problem for me.

I never had anything written out, 2015 leads to removal from the athletic programs....

Ethiopia wasn't built over night, neither was Egypt.
Eventually the bad apples or the I - kids (rules don't involve me) will be thrown out one way or the other.

But those kids need to be removed if they can't understand the commitment they made to their teammates.

I believe that kind of hard stance is like what the boys will get in the real world. My question would be then what happens when the best kids don't comply, are asked to leave, go home and tell mommy about the mean old coach (who cusses them and lears at them in the locker room too), and the team reverts back to 2 wins a season? Then the coach is in the Princ office answering all kinds of ridiculous questions like..."we were winning until you did _______." etc.

ol' gus":1pjyut0i said:
I believe that kind of hard stance is like what the boys will get in the real world. My question would be then what happens when the best kids don't comply, are asked to leave, go home and tell mommy about the mean old coach (who cusses them and lears at them in the locker room too), and the team reverts back to 2 wins a season? Then the coach is in the Princ office answering all kinds of ridiculous questions like..."we were winning until you did _______." etc.
Then you have a principal who doesn't understand that a coaches primary job is not to win games, but to teach these young men (and women in some cases) a value. Winning is just a bonus.

I have principle's but no Principal. The Covington guy probably does though. I was just wondering if he's inheireted a program of boys wanting to get out of practice then what happens when things get really hard? Im just asking.

ol' gus":eym1g4qu said:
I have principle's but no Principal. The Covington guy probably does though. I was just wondering if he's inheireted a program of boys wanting to get out of practice then what happens when things get really hard? Im just asking.
Well, that's when the TEAM will shine through, and the individuals will be ushered out of the way. That's kinda how I read Coach Ware's post anyway.

Does every school works that way. Does Covington? They've had several different coaches leave while trying to build a team too.

Well, covington did not beat Aquila but they did not get 45'd ether. In many ways that is a victory. Looking forward to next season as we will be returning a strong team. I know coach ware will have them ready to roll. Go Owls!

Dear gus,

I done be careful bout Principal talk when it done comes to Cov, cuz SHE iz tuffer than yew and me put together.

Back