How bout them Covington Owls

smokeyjoe53":3vsqyw9c said:
He's got a long way to pedal............ their next game is in Balmorhea..........

Enough evercleer and dried carp and he can make it. He might need a ride back though. Remember he was tradin' exercise advice with RJ a couple of years ago.

Before going to crazy just realize what is being said. Going far will be as far as the last game of district as they will not leave district as one of the two teams to the playoffs. They are on a win streak and yes compared to last couple years it is a good thing but look at who they are playing and what they are.

Iredell - (3-0) Lost 45'd ranked 32 of 68 DII
Newman - (1-2) Won ranked 23 of 23 in private school.
Avalon - (1-2) Won ranked 64 of 68 DI
Moran - (1-2) ranked 60 of 69 DII
Gustine - (3-0) ranked 60 of 68 DI
Bynum - (0-3) ranked 57 of 68 DI
Blum - (3-0) ranked 6 of 68 DI
Kopperl - (0-3) ranked 56 of 68 DI
Aquilla - (2-1) ranked 21 of 68 DI
Gholson - (1-2) ranked 67 of 68 DI

I dont see Covington making the playoffs but a successful year indeed when you count up wins at end of year. They should be proud of themselves but understand an easy road traveled can be deceiving. Real test will be with Aquilla, dont see them with a chance against Blum but I still say Aquilla wins pretty easily.

Another good week for the Owls. I'm ready to take a leap of faith and say the Owls WILL win the next three games. The first victim will be Moran this Friday night. Followed by Gustine for a BIG homecoming win. Then, they will top it off with a victory over the Bynum Bulldogs before a bye week. Did I mention that will be a FIVE game winning streak. You heard here first folks. Furthermore, I believe this will be the best season since 1997 (17 years) when the Owls were 7 and 4. :)

I agree they will beat Moran they are terrible and havent been good for a while. Gustine although has won some games has beaten only Brookesmith who lost to Moran and couldnt even move the ball at all against Santa Anna. So yes Moran who cant beat anyone but Brookesmith themselves, Gustine, shouldnt be much of a game, then you have Bynum who is 0-2 themselves losing to an average Mt Calm team and Iredell. Bynum could be a good game but I still see Covington able to compete, then district and as far as that goes they will not win 2 games and should win the other two games I dont know anything about Kopperl and Gholson but I would think that looking at who they played and their results they should not have a problem with them. But hey that is why they play the game. I say Covington 6-4 or 7-3 is a pretty good shot and again compared to the past that is pretty promising. But it isnt because of them being so good just looking at the opponents is what makes this a difference. How is the JH team looking will they have alot of help coming up?

Most of the team will be back again next season, including both running backs and the quarterback. The team will not be losing many players. Next year the Owls could easily go very deep into the playoffs. Hill County continues to produce great six man teams. Covington, Abbott, Blum and Aquilla are all from Hill County. In my opinion, Blum has a great shot at making it to State and I wouldn't count Abbott out either. :)

Dear Kramer,

Yew done got a tick on yur sack over Covington. Whut gives? Iz there sum kind of great backstory we done need to knowd bout?

Hootie":3jkbebf9 said:
Hill County continues to produce great six man teams. Covington, Abbott, Blum and Aquilla are all from Hill County....
I'm glad you told me. I never would have guessed they were all in Hill County....

smokeyjoe53":1hahvpij said:
oldfat&bald":1hahvpij said:
I drove through Richland Springs about 30 minutes ago. Who was the one legged guy riding the bicycle by the football field?
What are you doing down here in God's Country?

Getting the hell out of it. Them trees made me plumb claustrophobic.

http://www.texasfootball.com/TOWWeek32014/

Wow, I knew Covington has had several bad years, BUT A DECADE of not being able to win 2 in a row....
...........W....O....W..........

No wonder everyone in Covington is on this thread boasting.
And to the people of Covington, ENJOY IT...... IT ONLY GETS BETTER and EXPECTATIONS WILL RISE..

Yall got a good hire and there will be many win streaks in the future.

CowboyP":frbdw8gi said:
Hootie":frbdw8gi said:
Hill County continues to produce great six man teams. Covington, Abbott, Blum and Aquilla are all from Hill County....
I'm glad you told me. I never would have guessed they were all in Hill County....

CP, you sound a little sarcastic in your response and that ain't like you.
All those teams have had some up and down years, some some pretty good years.
Ya just kinda confused me there.

51eleven":1xikw9l5 said:
CowboyP":1xikw9l5 said:
Hootie":1xikw9l5 said:

I was a little irratble that day.

CowboyP":1edjyrad said:
51eleven":1edjyrad said:
CowboyP":1edjyrad said:
Hootie":1edjyrad said:

Your panties got wadded up pretty tight?

Dear Girls,

Yew fellers done need to quit being so PC. If ole Cowboy has done got hiz panties in a wad, it don't matter. In fact, good fer him. Wadded panties leads to hacked off, but clear thinkin' and cogitatin'. Then it done leads to some funny stuff being said when yew iz reely upset. I guess whut I iz tryin' to say iz I done like wadded panties and the effect they done create.

Dear Hootie,

Please done forgive me fer being so slow, but iz yew like the mascot fer them Owls? Or iz yew the daddy or momma of the mascot? And if yew iz the momma, how do yew feel bout older men? Older men with one leg? Older men with one leg with a boat oar fer the fake leg?

oldfat&bald":2jtvynwc said:
CowboyP":2jtvynwc said:
51eleven":2jtvynwc said:
CowboyP":2jtvynwc said:
Hootie":2jtvynwc said:

Your panties got wadded up pretty tight?
It was just a little wad. I get real blunt when they're wadded up tight.

Goob":2zscklk6 said:
Dear Girls,

Yew fellers done need to quit being so PC. If ole Cowboy has done got hiz panties in a wad, it don't matter. In fact, good fer him. Wadded panties leads to hacked off, but clear thinkin' and cogitatin'. Then it done leads to some funny stuff being said when yew iz reely upset. I guess whut I iz tryin' to say iz I done like wadded panties and the effect they done create.
I iz awl beder now. I wuz jist havun a plum bad day.

Back