HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS

Happy51

Six-man fan
One of the best defensive battles I’ve ever seen just took place tonight! Miami was literally about a foot from the goal line with under a minute to play in the game 3rd and goal and Happy stuffs them not once but twice! Hell of a goal line stand! Great game! On to the state semifinals!

One of the best defensive battles I’ve ever seen just took place tonight! Miami was literally about a foot from the goal line with under a minute to play in the game 3rd and goal and Happy stuffs them not once but twice! Hell of a goal line stand! Great game! On to the state semifinals!
I know Coach Perryman will have them ready for a rematch from last year. Congratulations

Man……what a game!….. I’d have to say it was another epic, football just doesn’t get much better than what we had tonight in Lubbock. I don’t know if you can get 2 teams more evenly matched than these 2, I’m a little sad for my Cowboys as they fall just a bit short again but hey……..we will be back next year! Hats off to those Westbrook Wildcats, they are great athletes and a class act. Good luck at Jerry’s world yall earned earned it!

Sometimes it’s just about who gets “the breaks” tonight that was WB. I give them credit they just find a way to win. I’m sure when the Happy team looks at that film it’s gonna hit hard. Just two or three plays made big difference in the game. But that’s football. It was definitely a fun game to watch.

Congrats to the wildcats for the victory, I have watched a bunch of Westbrook football and can say without a doubt that this was the best defense and overall team I have seen them play this year. Happy showed up and played til the last snap. When two great teams go head to head most times it ends up being small things that end up making the difference in the outcome. There were a few plays that changed the momentum and ultimately the outcome of this match.

Hats off to Happy. Well coached and great athletes. This makes 3 years in a row that these teams do battle in the semi. All three games have been fun to watch. What a great defensive game tonight.

A guy in the Westbrook stands that had no ties to either team, made a comment when he was leaving. He said he had to go find the gate keeper to pay her more money. He said this game was worth way more than the $5 it cost to get in.

Hats off to both teams for putting on a great show of competition and good sportsmanship.

I watched parts of Happy/Westbrook on the NFHS feed. I tweeted yesterday to @Leman Saunders that it is pretty incredible the sheer numbers of kids suited up on Westbrook's sideline. It's like every single boy in the school plays. It's a credit to what @CoachMatlock is building at Westbrook. Success breeds success. If I was a JR High kid in the WISD I'd be extremely excited to get into that type of program.

Back