Grayson Rigdon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on now @Hornet78, let's play nice. Cody Campbell could play a role with him being an alumni, donor of Matador Club ($25 million with field named after), and west texas native. Plus, it's also fun to learn about where people are from and who you know because it's a small world after all.
@Roach, I too am not a fan of "settle for Tech". Have you seen what they are building out there @Hornet78 ? Those facilities are first class and second to none. Next, the head coach is a former texas high school football coach (This makes me a fan) who would know how to find a true diamond in a coal pile. Tech has always found a way to find unfinished diamonds and make them shine.
I believe GR is an unfinished diamond at the D1 level, but given time, could become something special that came from six man football. Some may not be a fan of the stats he puts up, how easy he makes this game look, or the spotlight he gets being good, bad, or indifferent, but you gotta pull for this young man to live the dream we for so long believe six man players can achieve.
Cody Campbell also played oline for Leach when Tech owned A&M.

As this tread is drifting and I've only seen him live in his freshman year in FB but follow his progress I hope he sticks with FB for both his own success and that of sixman FB, proving what one can be accomplished from that level, representing the sport.

Hoping he doesn't have a basketball jones. Best of luck dude.

wait, he's a junior??
I Know Right GIF

Shouldn't rigdon just reclassify and skip his senior year? Ewers at UT did that and he seems to be working out? Why waste time driving those back roads around Benjamin and playing those weak six man teams like last season? Go butt heads with the big or bigger boys. Make those coaches look like geniuses. Lol

While I would certainly like to see how he could perform in an actual 11-man game, not just against 11-man players at a camp I wouldn’t call the competition in 6 man weak. Certainly not all of them anyway. He’s just on a different level.

While I would certainly like to see how he could perform in an actual 11-man game, not just against 11-man players at a camp I wouldn’t call the competition in 6 man weak. Certainly not all of them anyway. He’s just on a different level.
Newcastle was the only real competition Benjamin played last season. Gordon would be a good team to schedule this fall to showcase his talents against. But a bit of a risk. Being in D2 he will never play against a seasoned team that McLean had a few years ago.

Shouldn't rigdon just reclassify and skip his senior year? Ewers at UT did that and he seems to be working out? Why waste time driving those back roads around Benjamin and playing those weak six man teams like last season? Go butt heads with the big or bigger boys. Make those coaches look like geniuses. Lol
Ewers went to South Lake Carroll. Rigdon goes to Benjamin. Ewers had multiple offers in his junior year. Rigdon has one; he needs his senior year to garner more offers. Hard to compare the two.

Ewers went to South Lake Carroll. Rigdon goes to Benjamin. Ewers had multiple offers in his junior year. Rigdon has one; he needs his senior year to garner more offers. Hard to compare the two.
From the tenor of most of the posts for Rigdon it leads the sixman public to think that he is the finished product and ready to adapt to College D1 football? Which is it? Lots of opinions. Comparing him to TE is a waste of time. Compare him to six man players who successfully competed or compete in college football. As a far Rigdon going to Benjamin, that is his choice to compete at the smallest level of Texas football. There are several good eleven man teams in the west Texas area he could play on, they just wouldn't guarantee him that chance to win a fourth ring. That is what this is all about.

GR…best 6 man player in the past 30 years? Probably. Best ever? If not, definitely in top 3.
But let’s be realistic. It’s sixman. Those that say it’s football and it’s still just running and tackling really don’t understand the massive difference in 11 man and 6. The best sixman player before GR was TE and TE didn’t even start at ultra tiny Sul Ross and quit the team his freshman year. It’s unrealistic that a serious offer would be made at a college level much less D1. Seriously….I’m not dogging GR. He’s fantastic at the sixman level. No good is going to come from feeding his ego to the extent people do on this site.
Not sure what a billionaire donor to Tech knowing who GR is has to do with anything. Also not sure what someone’s grandparents living down the road from someone associated with Tech has to do with anything either lol.
Offers come in many forms. What was the offer to Lubock AF? Do we know?
AGAIN…GR is the goat IMO.
But in watching game films of his I cringe. Sure the reversing the field and cutting back giving up yardage to ultimately gain more works great in 6 man. But he’ll get killed doing that in 11 man, much less at the college level. For all he knows about sixman, where his extrordinary talents serve him well, it’ll be a detriment in 11 man. He’ll have to learn a lot and unlearn even more if he plans on staying healthy. A young man like him needs people to help build his confidence, sure he does. But he also needs people to help him be realistic about expectations. For now…let him enjoy his fame as a jr at Benj.
Who hurt you?

I find it mind blowing he has no offers for basketball yet.
Basketball is a totally different animal at the higher levels. Most 4A-6A 9th grade teams are better than a majority of 1A schools. Not saying he can’t compete because he has but I Just feel his height is a huge factor to not receiving basketball offers. There’s only 5 players on the court at a time, very limited spots to go around. If you’re 5’10 you better be jumping out of the gym. This is why I think he needs to go to a bigger school to prove to those that he can compete at a higher level. The kid has the IQ and athleticism to do it.

Basketball is a totally different animal at the higher levels. Most 4A-6A 9th grade teams are better than a majority of 1A schools. Not saying he can’t compete because he has but I Just feel his height is a huge factor to not receiving basketball offers. There’s only 5 players on the court at a time, very limited spots to go around. If you’re 5’10 you better be jumping out of the gym. This is why I think he needs to go to a bigger school to prove to those that he can compete at a higher level. The kid has the IQ and athleticism to do it.
Can't imagine some smaller D1, D2, or D3s wouldn't have sniffed around yet. I get your point which is 100% valid, just surprised no one has expressed interest in him as a collegiate basketball player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back