Grayson Rigdon Finalist for Mr. Texas Football

6 man Community, today is the last day for voting for Mr. Texas Football. Benjamin ATH, Grayson Rigdon, is a finalist for the award. This is normally an award given to big school athletes with little respect to smaller classifications. Last year a 2A athlete, Terry Bussey from Timpson won. Lets show the state how strong our 6 man community is and push Grayson to the top.
Vote at TexasFootball.com (Click link below)
Mr. Texas Football

6 man Community, today is the last day for voting for Mr. Texas Football. Benjamin ATH, Grayson Rigdon, is a finalist for the award. This is normally an award given to big school athletes with little respect to smaller classifications. Last year a 2A athlete, Terry Bussey from Timpson won. Lets show the state how strong our 6 man community is and push Grayson to the top.
Vote at TexasFootball.com (Click link below)
Mr. Texas Football
He’s right, I’ve voted 7,326 times and counting. This is/was a great way to showcase what the six man worlds got!

Not a shocker. Rigdon has the stats to compare with anyone but for an award like this it will come down to who are the stats against. If you switch Rigdon with the other 9 they are the best player in 6man without a question and we will never know how good he would do against that competition.

This might be an unpopular opinion on this site, but Mr. Texas Football is about who the best football player in the state is. Grayson might be the best player in six man, but he's not close to the best overall. You've got kids in this state who will be starting for top 10 programs next fall. Meanwhile, we're talking about a kid who doesn't have an official D1 offer yet being the top player? I've seen him play and he would start at any level of TX football, but he wouldn't dominate 6A like he does six man.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not poo-pooing six man football. My own son is a fantastic six man football player who would start at slot receiver for most 6A programs. I feel like I'm constantly having to defend him against naysayers who think he's only good bc of the level he's playing at. People who have seen him play (in six man and in 11 man before his sophomore year) know how good he his. I'm just saying that despite his fantastic success in six man and knowing he could thrive in the 11 man world, there's still common sense. There's a big difference between having success in 6A football and being the top player in the state.

This might be an unpopular opinion on this site, but Mr. Texas Football is about who the best football player in the state is. Grayson might be the best player in six man, but he's not close to the best overall. You've got kids in this state who will be starting for top 10 programs next fall. Meanwhile, we're talking about a kid who doesn't have an official D1 offer yet being the top player? I've seen him play and he would start at any level of TX football, but he wouldn't dominate 6A like he does six man.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not poo-pooing six man football. My own son is a fantastic six man football player who would start at slot receiver for most 6A programs. I feel like I'm constantly having to defend him against naysayers who think he's only good bc of the level he's playing at. People who have seen him play (in six man and in 11 man before his sophomore year) know how good he his. I'm just saying that despite his fantastic success in six man and knowing he could thrive in the 11 man world, there's still common sense. There's a big difference between having success in 6A football and being the top player in the state.
wow ! Benjamin played a 5a in Abilene Wylie last night in basketball, The Rigdon you are talking about had a quadruple double in that game winning by 30+. The difference from 1a-6a especially with this team isn’t near what people would think. Seems to me there is just some freakishly athletic kids that would play wherever they were in the state. Yes football is way different, but dogs are dogs.

wow ! Benjamin played a 5a in Abilene Wylie last night in basketball, The Rigdon you are talking about had a quadruple double in that game winning by 30+. The difference from 1a-6a especially with this team isn’t near what people would think. Seems to me there is just some freakishly athletic kids that would play wherever they were in the state. Yes football is way different, but dogs are dogs.
In football?? Because this about football, hands down the best in Sixman though

That's awesome. I hear he's a great basketball player. It doesn't change the fact that he's not close to the best football player in the state of TX.

Still impressive that he is getting those stats against a 5A JV.
Should’ve brought the varsity. And from seeing that JV. All 5 of Benjamin’s starting 5 players would be on Abilene Wylies varsity lineup. I’m just saying this because I certainly do not believe the difference from 1a to 6a is as much as people believe.

Should’ve brought the varsity. And from seeing that JV. All 5 of Benjamin’s starting 5 players would be on Abilene Wylies varsity lineup. I’m just saying this because I certainly do not believe the difference from 1a to 6a is as much as people believe.
Do you know how JV at big schools works? Some of those players are waiting their turn for varsity, but most of those kids will never wear a varsity uniform. Using a terrible 5A JV team to make your point about the differences between 1A and 6A is ridiculous. You'd be better off talking about what Rigdon has done in AAU. Big stats against JV or 1A talent are meaningless. Yes....the overall difference in talent between 1A and 6A varsity is huge. There are kids in 1A who could play in 6A, but 95% of 1A rosters are made up of kids who couldn't make Wylie's JV.

Rigdon would start the other 4 would probably either be on that JV or come off the bench for the varsity. I don’t think anyone is trying to argue with you that this kid is not the greatest 1A athlete I’m certainly not. I think the disconnect comes from when we compare him to the best players at the 5A and 6A ranks. We can’t fairly do that because those 5-6A studs aren’t coming down to prove they would dominate at this level and he isn’t moving up to prove he can produce at that level.

Rigdon would start the other 4 would probably either be on that JV or come off the bench for the varsity. I don’t think anyone is trying to argue with you that this kid is not the greatest 1A athlete I’m certainly not. I think the disconnect comes from when we compare him to the best players at the 5A and 6A ranks. We can’t fairly do that because those 5-6A studs aren’t coming down to prove they would dominate at this level and he isn’t moving up to prove he can produce at that level.
Unlike football, Rigdon does play basketball against better competition in the offseason. If he was as good as Ace thinks he is, he would have colleges lining up to offer him scholarships.

Unlike football, Rigdon does play basketball against better competition in the offseason. If he was as good as Ace thinks he is, he would have colleges lining up to offer him scholarships.
As good as we have all be proven time and time again.I predict, wrong forum I know. Forgive me Mike. Benjamin will be crowned at the end of the season as the State champs in basketball as well. By a landslide. Are you his agent you seem to know a lot about his current recruiting and future situation?😉

Back