2023 Mr. Texas Football Semifinalists

Pdevitt13

Six-man expert

Grayson Rigdon named as one of the best 25 players in Texas by the staff at Dave Campbells Texas Football

Crazy too see him recognized alongside some huge 5 star talents.

Grayson Rigdon named as one of the best 25 players in Texas by the staff at Dave Campbells Texas Football

Crazy too see him recognized alongside some huge 5 star talents.
That’s interesting since most of the kids on that list are at least 3 or 4 stars on rivals.com.

I think they should have separated six from eleven man. I love sixman but I’ve played both. For me 300 yards and 4td’s is much harder in 11 than 6. So it’s hard for me to vote against what I think is more of an achievement just for sake of voting for 6Man. There’s enough schools now playing 6Man that it could be done as 6Man only. Not disrespecting Ridgon by no means. I just really think the two games should be separated.

DCTF in particular doesn't put a whole lot of emphasis on smaller schools, including 6-man, they are almost exclusively 5 and 6A coverage and smaller schools are really just an afterthought. There's no way they would ever devote that much (digital) ink to just six man athletes. I don't think their weekly highlight plays of the week have included anything below 4A, at all.

Back