Runge Yellow Jackets

Water Valley's 104 was what they turned in two years ago. They failed to add the kids being schooled in their district in Carlsbad. Their actual number was something more, probably in the range of 110.

Carlsbad is about 6 miles southeast of Water Valley. It is between WV and Grape Creek. They used to have what was called a sanitorium, may be still called that. When I lived in the area they didn't have any high school aged kids housed there. Now they do. The Supt. decided if WV was supplying the books WV should get the money from the state for them as their students. The kids are in an enclosed campus and can't leave to help in a sport even if they wanted to. The UIL decided if WV got the money for them they had to counted toward the total number of high school students.

Carlsbad is about 6 miles southeast of Water Valley. It is between WV and Grape Creek. They used to have what was called a sanitorium, may be still called that. When I lived in the area they didn't have any high school aged kids housed there. Now they do. The Supt. decided if WV was supplying the books WV should get the money from the state for them as their students. The kids are in an enclosed campus and can't leave to help in a sport even if they wanted to. The UIL decided if WV got the money for them they had to counted toward the total number of high school students.
Providing the books was a kind gesture and I have no issues with it, however counting the kids was a mistake, unless those children step foot on your campus they shouldn’t be counted unless doing so is beneficial to those students and not just the school, this sounds like to me the superintendent and the school district got too greedy, the good deed should have been enough

Do any of the teachers from the ISD, or coaches ever go to the school and teach the students? Any other involvement by the administration beyond the books?

I think that was Goldthwaite, and for two years it pushed them up a classification that they just could not compete in. 51 eleven, I did not hear anything more about WV's situation than what I gave.

Back