Grayson Rigdon Finalist for Mr. Texas Football

Man, I'm a Tech alumni, donor, etc. I'd love this. It's his dream school fwiw.
👀 👀 👀
Macaulay Culkin Yes GIF by filmeditor

Rigdon commits to Air Force. Hope he does well
Congrats to GR! Selfishly wanted him to be a Red Raider. Air Force is a great spot. Beautiful city. He should do well there.
On the other hand he could also decommit or play a year and enter the transfer portal. Seems like he's looking out for his future and the future of his family. Good for him!

I really hope he leaves d2 this year and goes to play d1 . He will still be good but won’t be able to just stand back there and make a move every time like in d2. D1 will show us how good this kid really is

Tech is not out of the picture. Being committed to AF is a huge accomplishment so congratulations to this young man. Tech is aware and it wouldn't be the first time Tech has flipped someone's commitment from Air Force and many other schools.
Don’t you have to serve 4 years after you graduate from af

Are they in the Air Force Reserves maybe? There has to be a tie-in to the Air Force somewhere.
West Point and Annapolis are institutions for already-enlisted military personnel, as is the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs as well. Their graduates are required to serve on active duty in their branch when they graduate. When they graduate from their branch they have to serve 2-4 years depending on where they are. Rodger Staubach served in Vietnam for 4 years before joining the Dallas Cowboys.

The Patriots picked up Diego Fagot before he got hurt and released in 2022 I think. He was a product of West Point and plays CFL now.

West Point and Annapolis are institutions for already-enlisted military personnel, as is the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs as well. Their graduates are required to serve on active duty in their branch when they graduate. When they graduate from their branch they have to serve 2-4 years depending on where they are. Rodger Staubach served in Vietnam for 4 years before joining the Dallas Cowboys.
Rodger Staubach served in Vietnam for 1 year. The other 3 years were in the United States. David Robinson served 2 years active duty before joining the San Antonio Spurs.

Last edited:
Back