Grayson Rigdon Finalist for Mr. Texas Football

As good as we have all be proven time and time again.I predict, wrong forum I know. Forgive me Mike. Benjamin will be crowned at the end of the season as the State champs in basketball as well. By a landslide. Are you his agent you seem to know a lot about his current recruiting and future situation?😉
You can win a 1A state championship and it will be a legitimate championship....but it won't be the same as the 2A-6A championships.

Recruiting information is easy to find....or not find as is the case here. My son doesn't play six man bc we live in a small town. He goes to a small private school in a hot bed for 6A athletics. He's grown up competing with and against kids who are legitimate D1 talent. There are at least 6 former teammates who have signed with D1 schools in either football, basketball or baseball. I tell you this because you don't seem to understand that there really is a huge talent gap between 1A & 6A. There's a reason UIL has classifications. It allows small schools to be able to compete...but don't mistake that opportunity for anything more than that. It's not equal footing.

You can win a 1A state championship and it will be a legitimate championship....but it won't be the same as the 2A-6A championships.

Recruiting information is easy to find....or not find as is the case here. My son doesn't play six man bc we live in a small town. He goes to a small private school in a hot bed for 6A athletics. He's grown up competing with and against kids who are legitimate D1 talent. There are at least 6 former teammates who have signed with D1 schools in either football, basketball or baseball. I tell you this because you don't seem to understand that there really is a huge talent gap between 1A & 6A. There's a reason UIL has classifications. It allows small schools to be able to compete...but don't mistake that opportunity for anything more than that. It's not equal footing.
Right and wrong. You take any athlete with ability and determination, key word on athlete. And that person practices one sport year in and year out I would hope that “athlete” would be getting looked at. Now you take a very skilled athlete in 1a and that person plays every single sport that the school offers it’s hard to master one talent. It makes more sense that the bigger school and kid who practiced and dedicated his entire self to that sport, would get more looks and end up going to play for a big college. Where as a small town kid would never get the chance. We all know this world is about who you know. Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don’t.

Right and wrong. You take any athlete with ability and determination, key word on athlete. And that person practices one sport year in and year out I would hope that “athlete” would be getting looked at. Now you take a very skilled athlete in 1a and that person plays every single sport that the school offers it’s hard to master one talent. It makes more sense that the bigger school and kid who practiced and dedicated his entire self to that sport, would get more looks and end up going to play for a big college. Where as a small town kid would never get the chance. We all know this world is about who you know. Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don’t.
You kind of answered your own question...except it's not enough to just practice one sport year in and year out. You have to do it against better competition. You aren't going to be proficient hitting a 90 mph fastball if you only practice swinging at 70 mph fastballs. It doesn't matter how many times you do it. When you're playing against 1A competition, there's just no way to develop the skills you need to compete at the D1 level.

For what it's worth, all but 1 of the kids who have signed with D1 schools played at least two sports until high school.

Simple solution just move up out of the smallest weakest division in football and go play in an 11 man 3a or 4a school to prove one way or the other. How's the 3 foreign exchange students doing in basketball?? I hear they were hand picked for their cooking skills.

I want to start this off with IMO… I have watched Rigdon play since he was in elementary.. those of you that say he can’t play at the D1 level.. need to turn on the K State and NC State bowl game right now… K State’s QB is very similar to Rigdon or vice versa maybe.. but he could play D1 given the right opportunity. NFL would be a whole other conversation but “Chaka” could play D1 and be successful. All this hate, and that’s what it is, needs to stop and enjoy the talent while it’s at a 6 man school.

Not that this will change anyone's mind but I have been told by several coaches I respect greatly G Rigdon would be a factor player, at say a slot receive, for any school (2a-6a)...I would wonder about 6A bc of size but...

Yes some 6man players would be great players at bigger schools, good hard working players would succeed in any fair coaches system I feel...now at some point size is a major factor which is why I would understand if someone claimed 5A or 6A would be very hard for most 6man players...but I know for a fact Dewayne Miles would have been All-State in 5A in 1995...Damien Jackson would have been all-state in 5A as a corner or WR...Lyle Campbell would have been all-state at safety for a 5A...the best are the best for a reason...often forgotten is a guy named Byron Luster who was a stud RB for Happy Hill as a junior and then the starting RB at Colleyville Heritage the next year...to think a 6man stud cant be a stud in an 11man system is absurd really...it's just finding the right spot for them

As good as we have all be proven time and time again.I predict, wrong forum I know. Forgive me Mike. Benjamin will be crowned at the end of the season as the State champs in basketball as well. By a landslide. Are you his agent you seem to know a lot about his current recruiting and future situation?😉
Nope they will fold just like last year when the pressure mounts. But he’s an amazing player no doubt

I want to start this off with IMO… I have watched Rigdon play since he was in elementary.. those of you that say he can’t play at the D1 level.. need to turn on the K State and NC State bowl game right now… K State’s QB is very similar to Rigdon or vice versa maybe.. but he could play D1 given the right opportunity. NFL would be a whole other conversation but “Chaka” could play D1 and be successful. All this hate, and that’s what it is, needs to stop and enjoy the talent while it’s at a 6 man school.
I took one look at Avery Johnson from K State and immediately thought he looked like a taller Grayson Rigdon. I think he looks and plays like em. Thought I was looking at the future. Crazy.

It’s not hate. I have no reason to hate Grayson Rigdon. It’s just reality. If he was good enough to play QB (or any position) at the D1 level, there are over 100 schools that have scholarships to offer and wouldn’t hesitate to use them regardless of where a kid played HS ball. Maybe that happens and it will be interesting to watch, but let’s not lose sight of the topic at hand. This thread is about Grayson being the #1 player in the entire state of TX. Including him in the list of finalist is nothing more than a tip of the cap to the six man community.

Not that this will change anyone's mind but I have been told by several coaches I respect greatly G Rigdon would be a factor player, at say a slot receive, for any school (2a-6a)...I would wonder about 6A bc of size but...

Yes some 6man players would be great players at bigger schools, good hard working players would succeed in any fair coaches system I feel...now at some point size is a major factor which is why I would understand if someone claimed 5A or 6A would be very hard for most 6man players...but I know for a fact Dewayne Miles would have been All-State in 5A in 1995...Damien Jackson would have been all-state in 5A as a corner or WR...Lyle Campbell would have been all-state at safety for a 5A...the best are the best for a reason...often forgotten is a guy named Byron Luster who was a stud RB for Happy Hill as a junior and then the starting RB at Colleyville Heritage the next year...to think a 6man stud cant be a stud in an 11man system is absurd really...it's just finding the right spot for them
He absolutely could play at most 6A schools. Hes got plenty of size. I haven’t seen a single post on this thread where anybody has said he couldn’t start in 6A. If you’re seeing that, you’re reading what you want to read. Now…playing 6A football…being an impact player in 6A…and being the very best player in 6A are three completely separate things.

Nope they will fold just like last year when the pressure mounts. But he’s an amazing player no doubt
How is loosing to the Eventual state champions in the state tournament folding under pressure? Graford plays basketball year round aswell. Should play at the 2a level if you’re going to practice and spend 100% more time in the gym. And that game was a dogfight. The reality of it is though. That graford team couldn’t beat this years Benjamin’s team, & that graford team, no longer exists.

Leman is dead on here. I saw a bunch of kids this year that would start somewhere on any team in Texas regardless of classification. There is absolutely no arguing that. With that said it is a completely different game and the fact that a player would have to learn a completely different game while trying to compete at a collegiate level also cannot be argued. It’s been the same way for years in Six-Man but we enjoy this game for what it actually is and the community raised kids that play it. I’m proud for the young Rigdon kid being on the list. Sometimes I think they treat Six-Man like a token on the list but that’s ok. It’s a different game and we can continue to show up and support them.

There is that stigma that athletes are just better at 6A. More kids equal the fact you will have a higher chance of having really good athletes.

Back before 6A was a thing, the panhandle had multiple 6man players go and not only play but start at schools like Randall (Clay Britten from Groom), Follett had a kid go to Perryton and started for 2 years at QB and they were pretty successful. There are more but just wanted to name a few.

How is loosing to the Eventual state champions in the state tournament folding under pressure? Graford plays basketball year round aswell. Should play at the 2a level if you’re going to practice and spend 100% more time in the gym. And that game was a dogfight. The reality of it is though. That graford team couldn’t beat this years Benjamin’s team, & that graford team, no longer exists.
So where does Texline's basketball team currently rank against your vaulted Benjamin basketball team?

Back