Defense Wins Championships

Goonesfarm

Six-man fan
Why is no one talking about Borden County and the way their defense has dominated this season? Only allowed points by 4 opponents(16, 8, 22, and 4)..that means 8 shut outs, 2 in the playoffs so far. They have allowed only 50 points all season and only 4 in the last 6 games. Is any other team even on the same playing field when it comes to dominate defense? I noticed someone write earlier that it was only really considered a dominate win if it was over at the half or with the first offensive drive into the 2nd half...that describes all 12 of Borden's wins this season so far. Thoughts?

I'm not sure about Div 2, but out of the remaining teams in Div 1, it looks like they have all had more points scored on them in the last 6 games than Borden has all season.

AGREED 1000%. I was just talking to an old friend about the same thing..all these high scoring games and my question is where's the defense?. BC has definitely been playing defense extremely well...Going to tough to beat those boys. Hopefully May can make it back this year to face BC.

May is the closet to BC as far as points score against at 133... everyone else is to much for me to add with my old brain. Lol

Suxman is wide open so most people only concentrate on the offensive side.
I would love to see a great defense like that match up with a high octane offense like Milford and watch the fireworks.
I have no idea who would win but it would be very entertaining to watch.

Rcblank85":3ofs7ud1 said:
AGREED 1000%. I was just talking to an old friend about the same thing..all these high scoring games and my question is where's the defense?. BC has definitely been playing defense extremely well...Going to tough to beat those boys. Hopefully May can make it back this year to face BC.

I like the way you think!

Sometimes. Sometimes it's a shootout. In 2009 Strawn put up 88 points on Vance Jones Garden City Bearkats. Not much defense for GC. The Hounds almost got 45'd.
Howdy OFB, see your online. Heard from Smokey lately? He's not posted in a while.

I completely agree, Borden County has been playing very solid football this year. They look and play so much better than last years team. Personally, i don't see anyone stopping them from another State title.

In Div. 2, Strawn has the best defense with only 74 points scored against them and 7 shut outs. We may very well get to see their defense go against Milfords offense in the semifinals. Balmorhea i believe has the 2nd best defense with 128 points scored on them.

Kudos to Milford for beating RS but they still have to get pass a powerful Strawn to even compete for the state championship.

Can Milford really spell defanse? Beat Bryson by 1,week1, 51-50. Bryson's play'n basket ball. Gave up 44 to Jonesboro in week two. Then 28 to Aquilla. 61 to Garden City, seventy one to Oakwood. All also playing basketball but JB.
They can obviously be scored upon, can they outscore their opponent?

goonesfarm I like the point I've seen it both ways though back in 09 when we used to play the state game at shotwell (a more accessible stadium for six man fans) I watched one of the highest scoring games and lowest scoring state games ever back to back. On the lowest both defense's where critical but the small mistakes cost the game. On a the other side it was more about how quick you could put it in and get it back less about defense. But yea defense was crucial in both those two games one just more than the other.

I wonder what a Milford vs Happy matchup would look like.
Happy: 96
Richland: 74

Milford: 62
Richland: 16

The craziness is that both of these games were played without Tippie; however, I don't know if anyone else was out for Richland during the Milford game. Opinions?

Back