Coaching Carousel

So is it true? Rigdon is out at RS and Burkhart is on his way back?? If so the coyotes may not have enough help for Landon Burkhart to get to the promise land!!! A smart man and school keeps them both and captures back to back titles!! Keep your eyes open cause where ever those Rigdon Boys go their title chance go way way up!!

I’m hearing its pretty much a done deal Former RS AD Rigdon is going to strawn as a assistant and Jerry Burkhart is taking over a RS team that will not have much fire power without his son Landon and the Rigdon bunch!! Schedule the coyotes this year, sounds like easy win!!

6manfamily":13yylvz1 said:
I’m hearing its pretty much a done deal Former RS AD Rigdon is going to strawn as a assistant and Jerry Burkhart is taking over a RS team that will not have much fire power without his son Landon and the Rigdon bunch!! Schedule the coyotes this year, sounds like easy win!!
So the RS school board just hasn't made it official or is this just rumor? I wasn't aware that Strawn had room for another assistant coach. It will hit the paper next week? Is Richland Springs looking for a Reality TV show of its own?

6manfamily":37dap1ta said:

Strawn better prepare themselves for a train wreck. That’s what Rigdon brings to the table. Just ask anybody at one of the 10 schools he’s coached at in the last 10 years. Coincidence? There’s one common denominator there. It can’t always be the other guys fault.

One _pac2018":33wdr4x0 said:
They would be moving for the same reason as Landon so might be going to uil.

That will be moving because you got fired by a school because they wanted to bring back their golden boy coach that could care less about them!! Then You get a job at Strawn so naturally your kids will play there! That’s a easy decision for UIL!! Eligibility Granted!!

One _pac2018":1varxml2 said:
They would be moving for the same reason as Landon so might be going to uil.

Not at all the same, Jerry moved Landon while he retained his position at the school he transferred Landon from!! Rigdon was removed from his position to make room for the guy that is never happy with being a Coyote!

Dang . Well I just hope it all works for both coaches if the boys get to play my money is on strawn ! Just because the big one is a work horse but prolly will be the 2 back to block for Montgomery

Johnny South":6km9lqme said:
Might have to sit out a year.

Not a chance..... their dad was fired by one school then if hired by another and move into disctrict they will be eligible!! Always has worked that way! Landon would be eligible to if Jerry would have resigned or got fired and taken a job elsewhere and moved into district!! They will be eligible!! For RS sake I hope they stay cause with out them and Landon they are first or second round at very best!!

tdog5344":1qlmickh said:
Lol Strawn doesn't need another coach they need his two boys!! Will they be eligible???

Neither did RS but as you can see these things seem to happen!! Js they can hire him and he can find a house in district, then UIL has no basis to rule kids ineligible on

Strawn was looking for a coach at coaching school. So I hope nobody thinks that Strawn just created a job to get some kids. They were needing a coach. Just thought I would point that out.

Jones26":o84nxh5g said:
Strawn was looking for a coach at coaching school. So I hope nobody thinks that Strawn just created a job to get some kids. They were needing a coach. Just thought I would point that out.

The RS faithful think they can fire or demote a guy undeserving of such actions to clear room for their golden boy and then expect him to keep his athletic kids there to help Jerry Win a title? They will all be pulling for UIL to review his kids eligibility which is crazy to me!! If you don’t want him then wish him well and deal with it!!!

Jones26":ji4uti0z said:

No point in confusing some people with facts !

According to the news report rigdon was not fired and was moved to teaching only so that changes up alot from being fired. Hes moving for athletic purposes now.

That’s not moving for athletic purposes, it’s moving for a job. If you live in the district, you must wait 15 days to become eligible. RS would have no case there.

tdog5344":9nt7elpp said:
According to the news report rigdon was not fired and was moved to teaching only so that changes up alot from being fired. Hes moving for athletic purposes now.
What news report are you referring to? I think the San Angelo paper would be all over this story. Has the school board posted any information on this turn of events? Why would Rigdon want to stay if he is not the coach? Glad the season starts soon!

Burkharts kid will play as well if they live in the district. Last year was a totally different situation. Also, I know burkhart loved RS, why stay so long if not?? He tried something new and it wasn’t what he hoped, so why not go back if you get a chance??

Back