Coaching Carousel

From Samnorwood Texas
to Pensacola Florida
to Savannah Georgia
to Richland Springs Texas.

I wont air his laundry on here but it's amazing what GOOGLE brings up when that name is searched.

All I can say is no wonder THE GREAT Jerry Burkhart stayed away from this job, even he knows how bad of a character this guy is.

So in 2019-20 JB will swing in after RS gets rid of the Rigdon and will be the saving grace, in the end, JB doesn't look as bad as this guy

on a very serious note,
Did Richland Springs do a thorough back ground check on this guy or did they hire him because he as boys who play football ?

Wait, Rigdon is the same guy that was from Samnorwood? I just lost a lot of respect for Richland. I was just getting interested in 6 man when I met him. No way I would let him coach my kid. But, it is also very possible he matured and changed. People are capable of that. I hope he continues the winning tradition there and proved he is not the devil we think him to be. People can change, and I hope he has.

I have been around youth sports as a coach, director, etc. for 50 years. I’ve seen these kind of situations come and go. The truth of the matter is:
1. Decisions have been made.
2. There is practically no chance they will be reversed, and if they were it would only create additional strife and dissension. I really don’t think there is much that hasn’t already been said.
3. Now the only people being hurt are the KIDS at Richland Springs. The KIDS didn’t have a choice or a vote. If their parents want to transfer them then that’s a family decision and everyone else needs to stay out of family decisions.
4. The KIDS that have the most to lose are the Seniors on this year’s teams. For most of them, this their last year of competitive sports.
So please, show the KIDS at Richland Springs some compassion and nip this in the bud. The KIDS read and pass on what YOU say here. Be mature enough to keep your opinions to yourself or with like minded folks on another platform or in person. At this point should you continue to throw gasoline on this fire, I don’t care which side you are on, you show yourself to be myopic, self centered and narcissistic with your verbiage and mentally and emotionally mature adults should shun you and be embarrassed to be in your presence.
Give it some thought before you hit the keyboard.
Just saying.........

by bballlove30 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:35 am

What about the young head basketball coach at Aquilla. I saw him coach against us and in a tournament and he seemed to have turned that program around. Something like a 13 win turn around and with the same kids. They played hard for him and seemed to enjoy playing for him. Anybody know his story?

I am new to this site but I have seen him coach against us and I honestly thought that he outcoached our staff which is saying something. I don't know much about him but I will say that Aquilla should do what they can to hold onto him. IMO he doesnt stay too long and goes to a bigger named school cuz it just seems like he knows what hes doing in making a program. Gud luck to him he seems like a nice guy when he talked with our kids with passion and energy. aquilla is lucky to have him and needs to make sure he does not go anywhere

dragonfan2012":1dtt0hl9 said:
by bballlove30 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:35 am

What about the young head basketball coach at Aquilla. I saw him coach against us and in a tournament and he seemed to have turned that program around. Something like a 13 win turn around and with the same kids. They played hard for him and seemed to enjoy playing for him. Anybody know his story?

I am new to this site but I have seen him coach against us and I honestly thought that he outcoached our staff which is saying something. I don't know much about him but I will say that Aquilla should do what they can to hold onto him. IMO he doesnt stay too long and goes to a bigger named school cuz it just seems like he knows what hes doing in making a program. Gud luck to him he seems like a nice guy when he talked with our kids with passion and energy. aquilla is lucky to have him and needs to make sure he does not go anywhere
His brother is his boss so I think he will be able to stay as long as he wants.

Mexican Englishman":4sj2vnru said:
His brother is his boss so I think he will be able to stay as long as he wants.

That is not always a good thing depending on that relationship. I just was saying I think he is a good coach and will be successful anywhere he goes, Aquilla is lucky to have him even though i am a rival of theirs
can he coach football too? need to try to recruit him

The way people change jobs so often it's a wonder anybody will hire them. Job stability used to be a good indicator of the stableness of someone staying with a program through the good times and the bad. Must be a sign of our society where people follow the talent and chase the money. No true loyalty to the company anymore.

You may be right. But, I don't see many schools looking to get rid of coaches if they are doing a good job coaching the kids, teaching in the classroom, and being good mentors for students.

Little Doc":3fofzrpv said:
You may be right. But, I don't see many schools looking to get rid of coaches if they are doing a good job coaching the kids, teaching in the classroom, and being good mentors for students.

Then you're not really looking..

Elite said:
I wouldnt be on here talking Aquilla anything! That school in a whole, is a mess! Horrific, top to bottom right now.[/

I’m not taking about the school I’m just talking about a new coach who may be really good for those kids and apparently notgrass was only good at yelling at those players which is the reason they didn’t want to play for him. I think it’s great sticking up for your friend but sometimes it’s ok if he’s not the better coach. Aquilla may have issues as a whole but that’s not the reason I said anything about this guy. The pride and passion he shows for his kids and program shows

So has anyone else heard Shawn Rogers is out at Rochelle and back to Richland Springs? Rochelle has hired coach Cherry?? What’s going on with Rochelle?

Back