Coaching Carousel

Jones26":34eoagzx said:
Johnny South":34eoagzx said:
Why isn't Rankin listed?

Because this is a list of jobs that are open....Rankin isn't open.
My bad Jones26, I thought Shad was showing the changes in coaching positions. Hence the title "Carousel".
Musical Chairs would also be an appropriate title.

Jones26":2wodwekz said:
True, I forget that he has asst jobs listed also.
No Jones, if you look at the chart on page 1, the head coaches are listed there at the top of the chart. It says School, Old Coach, New Coach, and Status. Kevin Ray is listed as the New Coach at O'Donnell. There is no listing for Rankin having Kevin Ray as the Old Coach or having filled the vacated position.
That is what I am referring to.

Johnny South":dag00b68 said:
Jones26":dag00b68 said:
No Jones, if you look at the chart on page 1, the head coaches are listed there at the top of the chart. It says School, Old Coach, New Coach, and Status. Kevin Ray is listed as the New Coach at O'Donnell. There is no listing for Rankin having Kevin Ray as the Old Coach or having filled the vacated position.

Kevin wasn't the head football coach at Rankin last year.

Jones26":sjfqr1uj said:
Johnny South":sjfqr1uj said:
Jones26":sjfqr1uj said:

Kevin wasn't the head football coach at Rankin last year.
Who was?

Tasanet.org has calvert open PE/coach (no AD) and had earlier posting for SS/coach. So I believe there are 2 coaching jobs at calvert.
The AD will stay on at Calvert (with no coaching duties).
That's pretty strange for a 1A school AD.

Hired rumors are:
Ware from calvert to coolidge.
Ahearn from Kopperl to hermleigh.
Caleb calloway from rising star to Knox city.
Kress promotes Santana Soliz to AD, was HD Fb only.

Where there is smoke there is fire:
rumor is White deer interviewed a grade A top notch coach from Cowboy country.

With calvert now open does Harley E (BE) and wife go there.
Most definitely a great fit, spread coach with a great weapon in J Thompson.
Don't know how true this is NOR AM I TRYING TO START A RACE WAR but I've heard the school won't hire you & community won't accept you if you don't meet SPECIFIC qualifications.

We need to make this viral and put pressure on BE to take the calvert job.
Come on guys let's stroke BE's ego so he'll submit that resume to calvert. Would love to see Ethridge (calvert) vs Burkhart (richland springs).

Nothing against the BE, but I witnessed one meeting between he and Burkhart. BE had twice the athletes and was 45'd early in the second half. Just sayin.

If Ware keeps up the job-hopping, he will wind up with as many schools on his resume as Jerry Miller and The Drifter!

Kramer":35lmsbdw said:

Would Cowboy Country include the Hamilton area?
Or would that mean Happy Cowboy Country?
Maybe Jason Garrett?

Johnny South":3b8dxc3x said:
Kramer":3b8dxc3x said:

Would Cowboy Country include the Hamilton area?
Or would that mean Happy Cowboy Country?
Maybe Jason Garrett?

I'd be HAPPY singing Amarillo by morning......

Johnny South":1i2pya2y said:
Nothing against the BE, but I witnessed one meeting between he and Burkhart. BE had twice the athletes and was 45'd early in the second half. Just sayin.

If Ware keeps up the job-hopping, he will wind up with as many schools on his resume as Jerry Miller and The Drifter!
Nothing really bad about job hopping if you're looking for the best fit for your family and school. Look at all the experience you get from it. No one can say they have 1 year of experience repeated 20 times. There are multiple coaches who have worked for more than 6 schools and are still pluggin'.

Don't short change the fine folks at Calvert. They want the best coach available when the need arrives, and in the last fifteen years that has been some exceptionally good, talented coaches. Ware, if he is leaving, didn't have enough time needed to build his own program. Grimes won a state title in 2002, and came as close as anyone other than the eventual winner several more times. Their 2007 team was as good as anyone except us. If you were there in Lampasas you witnessed a mesmerizing Trozan attack that had us down with a standing 8 count and several TDs, with every ounce of momentum going their way. Their incredible MOJO was powerful enough to steamroll any team we played that year. And it felt for a solid quarter like we were about to be flattened.

The stiff-arm Travis Walker, their stellar fullback used to demolish Tyler on his Quick Dive TD was amazing and so devastating we used a timeout to check him for compound-fractures. I'm laughing now, but that play was as violent and physical as any I have ever witnessed. It should be in a six-man Hall of Fame. We were lucky, his only injury was a flattened ego that left him tasting his own blood. I swear there was an imprint of his body on the field when we walked off for the half. I ain't sheetin!! Walker's play would have won the game if it happened any other night of his high school career.

It ain't fair that that Calvert team didn't get a chance to play for a state championship in 2007. GLORY, can you imagine those Trojans playing against that great Rule team! What a titanic brawl it would have been. Saucedo's speed against the Trojans. Wolf's Chihuahua spunk vs Travis' killer instinct. Does anyone recall the hit Walker put on the Garden City (?) kid in Hico in 2006. It ended the game for all intents and purposes early in the first quarter. I'd loved to have seen that weapon used against the Rule shift and motion plays they used against us in both state games. Wolf and Walker would have killed each other.

Rule speed versus Calvert speed. Pace vs Green and Ford. Reed vs Grimes! The six-man world was cheated from witnessing one of the greatest championship contests ever.
They did actually play a game in Hico in August one year. It took a cheetah-like leap by Saucedo to overcome Calvert that time.

And Coach Wortham, woooo! That man had the Trojans headed to the top. I had the..."pleasure"...of hearing him speak in Zephyr I think it was. His passion and volcanic will left me very happy and relieved to be sitting safely in the northeastern Panhandle facing 50 mph winds and below zero blizzards rather than his Calvert teams. It's too bad the Coyote-Killer moved on for other challenges.

They'll find another great fit. Don't bet against them.

Wonder Dog":3obx59gl said:
by Wonder Dog » Sat May 21, 2016 6:05 am
With calvert now open does Harley E (BE) and wife go there.Most definitely a great fit, spread coach with a great weapon in J Thompson.

Where did you get the impression of me being a Spread coach? Just asking.
I haven't run a lot of spread since 2005. We ran some when absolutely necessary against teams like Calvert, Trinidad, Aspermont, Throckmorton and a few while in Follett. But my favorite offense is not the spread. I learned there are other ways to spread a defense than with the spread.

At Richland I ran it so that we could match up Tyler one on one, letting his legs beat up the D-- he was going to win 8 or 9 out of 10 plays. And if the defense sent two rushers at him, Tyler's eyes and arm shredded them. He always knew where his best targets were located.
Anything else I called at RS was merely to express offensive diversity and to pass the candy around, something I disliked doing without big-game possibilities. Most of it had an element of threat multiplier, or decoy threat. Showing your fangs so to speak.

The best offense available in my opine is the T-Bird. Every other offense is best used with a specific play or two or three. Nothing more.

I have learned that no matter what one perfects, if his offensive leadership possesses a weak or average character, nothing you do will win a championship...!Nothing! You must build character every day. But even this can be fruitless if he has even a small crack in character.
If a player has been allowed to cultivate weak character thru junior high, you have little chance of improving him. He will crack under pressure sooner or later when he is needed the most.
That's why Tyler was so dominating...he had the highest caliber of character when the focus was football. He was indomitable will and diamond hard character. And the real beauty was he didn't even know it.

I'm sure Coach Fudge will post something soon, but he made a post on Facebook last night that he has resigned at Chester to take a position with Barbers Hill ISD.

Coach Fudge is a good man, sometimes when home calls, you have to take the call.

Good luck Coach.

coachbronk":1lbsn0ga said:
I'm sure Coach Fudge will post something soon, but he made a post on Facebook last night that he has resigned at Chester to take a position with Barbers Hill ISD.

Coach Fudge is a good man, sometimes when home calls, you have to take the call.

Good luck Coach.
Thank you, I posted the opening about 10 this morning.

Back