Coaching Carousel

coachsatcher":xd20eu3t said:
Remember, they must have it posted for a minimum of ten days before their selection can be notified. Also, once the person is selected, it must be presented to the school board for approval before it can be made public. Unless it falls on their regular scheduled meeting, they can either call an "emergency" meeting to approve the hire, or they must wait until the regularly scheduled meeting. This just takes time, but a process that must be followed in order to avoid major backlash.
I dont know if everyone actually does this. I've been part of several hires that were done by the Prin., which is well within his job responsibilities, without any permission from unprofessional and untrained board members. Also, If an old colleague calls me up someday and offers me an un posted job because he can, then I could take it if I wanted to without anyone else's permission or time table. It happens. And it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone except the one who just landed the sweet gig! Good luck bro!

Kramer":k9036vsm said:
Knox city coach took the covington job

Sterling city, Knox city, hermleigh will be open for applications pretty soon.
While I understand that you are trying to "break" the news, I won't list anything that is not official, or at a minimum, permission of the coach and/or supt. Considering the Covington school board meeting isn't until Monday, there is nothing official. Anything could happen between now and then, and maybe the coaches of these schools haven't told their kids yet and want to wait for it to be official themselves before telling them, as opposed to them learning it online. JMHO

Coolidge Football
I am not going to return to Coolidge for the 2016 football season.
This has been a fantastic three years for us. We feel we have made
tremendous strides over this time period. a special Thank You to my son "Bryan"
A constant source of loyalty and has done a super job of building a
sense of pride for the younger kids in the program. Thanks!! The cupboard is not bare.

The Micro reasons for my departure:
The Key reason that Controls my decision is the "year around" schedule
Coolidge observes. This schedule makes it nearly impossible to have a
consistent football season. A two week break in October?
I am also looking to get closer to my family in the DFW area.
The kids have become a great group to coach. They have found a real
positive work ethic and a passion for success. the new facilities are a
real source of "Jacket Pride"
I wish the next guy a great experience, the kids deserve it!
The job will officially open on Monday April 11.
I hope to be on the sideline somewhere again in 2016.

Sincerely,
Coach Randy Jones
(903)517-1609

Coaches,

Our goal is not to "out" you in any way. We understand the need to keep things hush hush for various reasons. With that being said, we have to know that is what you want. I haven't, and will continue to not post anything until it is verified and been given permission from either the school or the coach. Notice I said the school or the coach. So if the school calls us with info, and you, as a coach, have not told either myself or Cowboy to not say anything until..... then it is a verified news story that I am going to post. I am perfectly capable and willing to hold information, even verified information, until you deem ok to post, I did it with Charles Steele holding the information for 6 days and not posting it until yesterday at his request. Once again, I have to know that is your wish in order to do that. If you think that simply withholding the info will keep us from getting it, you are seriously mistaken.

I apologize to you Coach that feels like I "outed" you, as that was not my intention. I am merely a media type that reports news. Maybe in the future, a better option would be to keep us in the loop instead of trying to keep us out of it. And relaying your wishes in keeping it hush hush, and possibly letting the school know those wishes as well.

Thanks,
Shad Kline

Back