Coaching Carousel

I know they are no longer playing 6-man , but I saw on the TAPPS website that Dallas Covenant is looking for a new AD, anyone know where Coach Shelton is going?

Paint Rock has the following coaching positions open at this time:

Head Football Coach (w/o AD duties)
Assistant Football Coach (possible)
Head Girls Basketball Coach
Assistant Girls Coach
Tennis Coach (possible)

Contact [email protected]

Gonna be rough to get an experienced six man guy for Head Football with no AD! JMO, which with a quarter wont get you a pay phone call anymore.

Gordon has 2 assistant coach positions open... posted in the Coaching Vacancies page and on the main Six-man football talk page as well with details

coolidge announces their guy on May 19 board meeting, I'm being told its the ex calvert coach and not the present calvert coach (don't know how much merit/truth that holds)

hermleigh and kopperl are interviewing candidates and I've been told Paducah starts on Monday with interviews.

Gentlemen, kind of you to ask. I am keeping one eye pealed for the best opp out there. Its a challenge finding one that has two positions with one in admin.(wife).
Something will open with us both in mind , otherwise I'll have to continue this drudgery of watching football film, fishing and frolicking amongst these Hill Country Pee Cans. :)

Johnny South":3byjozin said:
Will BE BE in the East or the West?

EAST - My guess is BE won't go anywhere where there is no talent. BE likes to win. BE needs talent. BE always refers to his son (The Great Tyler E) as a GREAT spread back. BE had a great spread back at Follett. BE needs a GREAT spread back.
SO WHAT SCHOOL POSSESSES THIS FOR BE

BE + needs talent x Great Spread Back = CALVERT

I would go to Calvert in a heart beat, IF they had a position for my wife, and they do not.

I've worked for just two administrators like her--Bill Faircloth (Bwd) and Clarence Church (Hermleigh). Those three are winners. :)

In preparation for her first administrative position, she offered my son, 170 pounds of pure football muscle, $10 a pop if he would let her practice on his rear with the new board she had made. He thought he was getting paid 30 or 40 easy bucks. She reached back and let loose a thunderous wallop that shook him down to his toe bones. The last time I saw him move that fast was against Logan Scarlett in the '05 semis. He didn't want a second.

At one large school she principaled a few years later, she administered 1,400 pops in one year. And each one was after two strikes according to their school policy. In other words no corporal punishment until strike three.

Her most memorable experience at that school was the day Buford (fictional name) was sent to her office for the fifth or tenth time that semester. Buford was a 270 pound six foot five inch eighth grader who looked like Mike Tyson's son. You know the kind with six layers of folded skin on the back of his neck. After discussing the consequencies with him, she walked around the desk with her board in hand to start the routine. As she turned the corner Buford stood up with clinched fists and bugged eyes and said, "Miss E., your not going to use that on me this time".
She recalled later to me how her mind was flooded with two emotions--primordial fear and intense anger. Fear that he was about to punch a hole thru her face, and anger at the thought of backing down and having to pack her bags and apply at the local Sonic if she did. Before she could finish her thought she realized they were standing an inch from each other, face to chest. At that life altering moment she looked up into his massive face and said, "Buford, if you hit me you better be prepared to hit me more than once, cause I am not going to back down from you...I don't care how big you are".
After what seemed like an eternity he stepped back, opened his fists and told her, Miss E., please don't hit me as hard as you did last time. After the affliction, she shook his glove-sized hand as always, and he hugged her and asked her to forgive his behavior.
They became good allies after that episode, and she eventually asked him to become one of their hall monitors, a position held only by honorable eighth graders who displayed exemplary trust and responsibility.

That kind of reputation scares some folk. At Follett when the parents heard about her reputation, many signed a school release disallowing corporal punishment to be used on their precious babies. Some of those babes were big, strapping athletes. She was a 5'5" brute.
We got some pretty good laughs from that dynamic. ((:)

That's incredible. 1400 swats? Awesome. I have yet to work at a school that gave out any swats at all yet they ALL threatened to do it. They also ALL screamed about how they hate the decades worth of losing yet refused to do what it took to win. Could there be a correlation?
In a previous married life we had our kids in a private school. One of their rules was the parent had to come up to the school if swats were necessary and administer the swats personally or immediately withdraw their child. I had to leave work and do it once. It was a powerful and moving event for us all. But, I didn't have to spank that kid ever again.

BE":2pmgugck said:
I would go to Calvert in a heart beat, IF they had a position for my wife, and they do not.

I've worked for just two administrators like her--Bill Faircloth (Bwd) and Clarence Church (Hermleigh). Those three are winners. :)

((:)

?

Back