Cherokee vs Richland Springs week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read many of your posts. Agreed with some, disagreed with some. Wondering, what grade level would you say you post at?

Hoping to get back on topic, or close to it. Question about the childrens / kids home in Cherokee. I know absolutely nothing about it. Do the kids from there end up in Cherokee schools? I ask because it is such a big deal to many here that the players be “home grown”.
Yes. They do attend the Cherokee School District.

I have read many of your posts. Agreed with some, disagreed with some. Wondering, what grade level would you say you post at?

Hoping to get back on topic, or close to it. Question about the childrens / kids home in Cherokee. I know absolutely nothing about it. Do the kids from there end up in Cherokee schools? I ask because it is such a big deal to many here that the players be “home grown”.
Yes the kids from the “Home” go to Cherokee. It is their HOME. It’s not a day care or some sort of vacation Airbnb. For most, it’s the only thing they ever had resembling a home. There’s been some awesome kids spend most of their childhood there. For the record that’s a far rt from being recruited.

Yes. They do attend the Cherokee School District.

Yes the kids from the “Home” go to Cherokee. It is their HOME. It’s not a day care or some sort of vacation Airbnb. For most, it’s the only thing they ever had resembling a home. There’s been some awesome kids spend most of their childhood there. For the record that’s a far rt from being recruited.
They are "home grown". A lot of them were/are good athletes. They were instumental in Cherokee's State Titles during the mid-70's.

For the record that’s a far rt from being recruited.

Understood. That is not the purpose of the original question (but interesting that you brought it up). Rather, all I know about the "home" is what I was told from my father long ago. I was told that it is a place where troubled kids / teens are sent from other areas of Texas. Not sure how accurate that is or if that is what the home's charter still is? My assumption was that the 'troubled teens' went back from whence they came eventually. Sounds like at least some do not but rather remain throughout HS and later.

Your (Satire) as you call it is really a soft poke at 51eleven and cherokee. So to get back on topic is easy talk about football. Just my observation.

Your (Satire) as you call it is really a soft poke at 51eleven and cherokee. So to get back on topic is easy talk about football. Just my observation.

My intention is to gather information about the questions I posed (regarding Cherokee). Regarding 51eleven, that was simply a humorous jab. Judge others and you shall be judged.

Have nothing but respect for the home in Cherokee and for the folks that help make kids lives better.

Understood. That is not the purpose of the original question (but interesting that you brought it up). Rather, all I know about the "home" is what I was told from my father long ago. I was told that it is a place where troubled kids / teens are sent from other areas of Texas. Not sure how accurate that is or if that is what the home's charter still is? My assumption was that the 'troubled teens' went back from whence they came eventually. Sounds like at least some do not but rather remain throughout HS and later.
The home is supported by the Church of Christ.

Richland Springs has home field advantage and better talent. If Richland Springs can vastly improve on their kicking game, they will win. Another intangible to factor in is the way the 16th District's Executive Committee and UIL State Executive Committee treated Jerry Burkhard in their suspension of him from Coaching for 3 years based on allegations and no concrete evidence. Rulings made on heresay evidence. That sordid affair was instigated by 2 incredibly frustrated and jeoulous schools - Cherokee and Rochelle. Neither one has defeated Richland Springs since the Carter Adminstration. But this game will be a precursor to their second matchup in the playoffs. The game that really counts. Cherokee's superintendent, Rochelle's superintendent, the UIL State Executive Committee (culprits of the Jerry Burkhart witch-hunt) have filled The Yote's "with a terrible resolve". See you at the game.
Crying a river….. go Indians!

No no no no no no no! You can’t share your observations here! The observations of Dilla and Tex-Reb are the only ones that create any kind of logic around here. Hail to the Coyotes! Gonna be 10 in December!! WOOOO-HOOO!!!!
Exactly. They are all knowing, kinda like their precious who they are certain walks in water. I’d like to see precious take a team with NO talent and prove he is the god-coach they make him out to be. A swap.

Crying a river….. go Indians!
I noticed last night that Cherokee led Bluff Dale by only 4 points (40 - 36) at halftime. As you are aware, Cherokee won 84 - 44. I was surprised though that Cherokee gave up 44 points to 20th ranked Bluff Dale with a 275.56 rating compared to Cherokee's 363.38 rating. Cherokee without doubt has an impressive offense. Their Achilles heel though will be their defense when they play competive teams also with explosive offenses.

Exactly. They are all knowing, kinda like their precious who they are certain walks in water. I’d like to see precious take a team with NO talent and prove he is the god-coach they make him out to be. A swap.

lol. You make absolutely no sense. You might want to relax a little. All that hate is hard on you. Your rhetoric is no match for the facts.

Question for you to ponder: If RS wins the 10th trophy this year, you won't have JB to focus your hate on anymore. Will you set your sights on the new coach, accusing him of recruiting, etc? Or will you man up and admit the kids at RSISD are something special?

Meanwhile, congrats to Cherokee on the win Thursday evening. 10/7 cannot come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back