Best D1 Championship in Years aBrewin'?

110-65 sounds like a real defensive struggle. I think BC is very solid. I watched Abbott take care of them at Strawn this year and I also watched Gordon 45 Abbott.
Mr Fuller with all due respect BC was short handed and played terrible in strawn and still only got beat by 22 by Abbott. Westbrook and Gordon are the two best teams in Div 1. Westrook gets the edge with experience, strength of schedule and coaching imo.

But I’m not sure either team can beat the mustangs.

There is a chance that Gordon can be outmanned. But there is no chance that Gordon will be outcoached.
Not this week. Not sure outmanned is something they will encounter for a while. I think this week they handle business. It’s that last game assuming it’s WB that’s gonna be the mountain. It still amazes me that the Gordon team is still so young.

Not this week. Not sure outmanned is something they will encounter for a while. I think this week they handle business. It’s that last game assuming it’s WB that’s gonna be the mountain. It still amazes me that the Gordon team is still so young.
Like I said, there is a chance that Gordon can be outmanned.

About one chance in a thousand the next few years!
So, there is a chance!

Last edited:
10point has shown us he/she has some serious Reed or Gordon "issues". You try to take them down a notch week after week and you likely have never even seen them play. Let the teams play and lets celebrate the fact that the 4 teams left in D1 are outstanding and deserve to be there.
Oh gosh you nailed me. As per the rules of this forum no names shall be mentioned. Go Horns, I’m waiting on my fans package from fuller

Mr Fuller with all due respect BC was short handed and played terrible in strawn and still only got beat by 22 by Abbott. Westbrook and Gordon are the two best teams in Div 1. Westrook gets the edge with experience, strength of schedule and coaching imo.

But I’m not sure either team can beat the mustangs.
Hold up. Are you referring to the Benjamin Mustangs? You think they have ever seen a defense half as good as Westbrook or even Gordon? They've had a pretty easy cruise, for the most part. LOL

Maybe 10 Point is the player from Gordon that went to Strawn to win State????
I assure you that 30 years ago when I played I despised strawn. I wore black and gold with a longhorn emblem on my chest. I now can’t stand that said town I grew up in because it’s turned into what everyone didn’t want. But with success your goals change, you become narrow minded and focus everything on the success.

I to bashed strawn for hiring/buying a championship, much like the Gordon faithful did. It’s no different than what Gordon has done. You have true down home Gordon kids not seeing the field, who has dads that won championships. The focus has been this “team”, the upperclassman in the last two years as well as the underclassman are just left behind. Once the sophomore class graduates and two staff members leave Gordon will be down again. It’s like selling your soul to the devil for some short success.

But for this week, Go Horns. That Jonesboro coach is a strawn native and we don’t need them having ties to another title.

Hold up. Are you referring to the Benjamin Mustangs? You think they have ever seen a defense half as good as Westbrook or even Gordon? They've had a pretty easy cruise, for the most part. LOL
I’ve watched Benjamin since they’ve been under scrutiny for the hires. All they’ve done is win, and there hasn’t been a close game in 2 seasons. I to thought jayton would beat them. That didn’t happen, what I saw was a team hit another gear, a specific player make it look extremely easy and they played great defense, something we haven’t seen out of them. So yes, my bet is Benjamin would walk over any six man team in the state and still have haters.

So yes, my bet is Benjamin would walk over any six man team in the state and still have haters.
I disagree. They get a lot of flack here because they schedule easier games, unlike teams like Westbrook. I think if they would schedule some actual competition of teams that may or may not be better than them...and then win, they would have a lot of respect from most fans here. Other people here "hate" on Benjamin because of a few loud and obnoxious fans in this forum. I think they do have a great team filled with great players. I would like to see them play up for a game or two a season though. Heck, even Iredell played up to DI this year. This is why I'd love for the two division champs to have a game following state. It would be fun for the fans and give some bragging rights.

I do believe those "issues" have now surfaced. At least we know where you stand 10point. I don't think its an uncommon tale to any school. Families move to the area, they move out and if the coach is any good the best players are going to play and that seems to be working out really well for Gordon right now. How many skins your daddy has or how long you have lived in a town makes no difference. Its not uncommon to be bitter about the past either. Gordon and Strawn both have had a lot of new blood through the years because of the winning traditions, good coaches and just the location of the towns. For the most part Gordon has been pulling in helpful move ins since the late 1980's and Strawn has since the day Coach Lee signed on there. If you look close enough, this happens in most of the successful programs in the state.

I’ve watched Benjamin since they’ve been under scrutiny for the hires. All they’ve done is win, and there hasn’t been a close game in 2 seasons. I to thought jayton would beat them. That didn’t happen, what I saw was a team hit another gear, a specific player make it look extremely easy and they played great defense, something we haven’t seen out of them. So yes, my bet is Benjamin would walk over any six man team in the state and still have haters.
Pure dominance, it’s unquestionable. And a team with a loss to an average team. is the difference I think 10 point is pointing out.

I disagree. They get a lot of flack here because they schedule easier games, unlike teams like Westbrook. I think if they would schedule some actual competition of teams that may or may not be better than them...and then win, they would have a lot of respect from most fans here. Other people here "hate" on Benjamin because of a few loud and obnoxious fans in this forum. I think they do have a great team filled with great players. I would like to see them play up for a game or two a season though. Heck, even Iredell played up to DI this year. This is why I'd love for the two division champs to have a game following state. It would be fun for the fans and give some bragging rights.
It takes two teams to play a game. Did Westbrook ask to play?

Back