Austin Hill Country favored over Abbott by 13

David1995":1apea0bc said:
Abbott didn't rest anybody! They will make excuses and tell lies before admitting they got beat fair and square.

Like I say, maybe this is the year that some solid private school programs can beat and hang with the better public school programs. But I'm not willing to call it a trend ... the private vs. public stats this year are going to be about 60-40 in favor of private schools, but I'll be the first to admit there are a lot of weaker public school programs, including a number of charter school programs who have not affiliated with UIL (I count charter schools as public schools UNLESS they are affiliated with a charter school league).

And maybe some of us on the private school side of the street have learned well at the feet of some of our wise, learned public school brethern ... what that I've heard ... six man coaches will tell you 100% of what makes their system work, while the crowded field guys will hold a little (usually the key part) back ...

Box Dad":32rb2xd0 said:
Why in the world would you rest your starts at week 6? I haven't seen Hill play in 2 years but they had serious talent then that are seniors now. D1 has some serious teams that can stand with most of the UIL teams.

Not sure, just searching for an explanation. It's a non-district contest, maybe they didn't think it was an important game? Like I said, just searching for answers to how a game that was supposed to be close (per the rating used to determine rankings) appears to have been completely one-sided.

abbott played ugly and AHC got everything right. definitely kudos to AHC, they looked like a really good team. abbott seemed to give up for the most part after the first quarter and thats when it got out of hand. AHC ran the spread like pros. and AHC definitely had the speed advantage. all their TDs were foot races to the endzone. abbott needs to step it up with district play only two weeks away

A good team will always make the other team look like they played ugly, or even like they played a bad game, or that they really didn't need the win, or that they were resting their good players, etc., etc., etc.

Back